Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by beaney, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Play him centrally, confident that he can do a very solid job there.

2. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Sell him, confident he can do a solid job for Bournemouth.

Macho likes this.
  3. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

don't sell a guy who actually cares for the club and has his qualities.
    think hr would go a level up if we sell the deadwood, get right players in and promote some youngsters who will look at Iwobi as a big bro. That itself would help him get his confidence up surely

Red London and idan like this.
  4. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

Iwobi has been better than Ox ever was for us but people have never bumlicked him like they did Ox. Wonder why that is?

Artisan, celestis and RacingPhoton like this.
  5. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

I guess Ox came through at a time where fans liked the players more. Iwobi broke through at the height of fan / Wenger split... all that ' get out while you still can Joel' stuff. :lol:

Hope Iwobi if here next season though & plays each game like we are 3-0 down in a European final.

BigPoppaPump and celestis like this.
  6. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Good point, I think he has confidence issues in this set up. He’s surrounded by big names like Özil and Mkhy who aren’t even setting an example to him anyway.

If some young players come in Iwobi can few more comfortable in the squad. Another help would to actually bring in a winger, because then he’d have less pressure on himself to drive the ball forward. Right now he’s our only player who can do that and I feel like he realises the pressure at times

yybecause likes this.
  7. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

His pass reception is probably one of the best parts of his game?

krengon likes this.
  8. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

If I'm a young player no way in hell am I going to be in awe of Mkhifuckingtaryan.

9. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Well, I just don't think so.

10. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I think so too. He has great technical awareness. I don't know where criticism of that particular discipline comes from. People just trying too hard, I suspect.

Impact and krengon like this.
  11. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

I’m pretty confident he will help a struggling prem team get relegated one day.

He’s improved a bit, but I’m surprised he’s been such a prominent figure in the team this long.

Inferior hleb in SOME ways. Makes himself available, great dribbler, rarely loses the ball- completely impotent when it comes to final shot or pass.

If anything I think his route from the academy has afforded him more patience. He does care about the club.

Wouldn’t say Oxlade was bum sucked- I defo wasn’t a fan as he got on. In his defence, it was clear he was being mismanaged.

12. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Never ever have sympathy for that POS Chamberlain. Do you not remember his last appearance for us, and against whom that 'performance' was?

13. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

We are crying out for a physical presence and someone who can carry the ball in midfield, I think Iwobi could do that for us in a midfield 3, maybe him and Praet with Torreira deepest of the 3 could work well. Could he be worse than Xhaka, OK he hasn't got close to the passing range but he is better than Xhaka in a lot of other aspects.

14. Harz

Harz Active Member

Let's not mess around with the position of our only winger, shall we? He's a good rotation option on the wings but that's it. He won't be good enough to be a starter but he can produce 20ish good games in a season for sure.

15. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

20? That's optimistic

BigPoppaPump and Tourbillion like this.
  16. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

This guy is trash the sooner we get rid the better.

Football Manager and Furious like this.
  17. Jury

He looked like he'd kicked on early part of last season--I'm sure people noted that at the time. He flattened out, starting showing the same deficits as in the previous season and that was what we were left with in the end. I could throw the term 'scapegoat' in there, like you see in other threads, but I know the true definition of the word so I'd be dishonest to myself if I said he was made one. Damn.

18. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

He definitely did have a good start to the season. Problem is, at his age, we need something by now.

19. Jury

I know. It's do or Sunderland (die) now. Emery seems a fan though, so who knows? I fancy he'll be sub most of the time next season and he'll end up on the bench at somewhere like Valencia after that, unless he kicks on again.

20. Harz

Harz Active Member

I thought 10 of them as cup games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.