Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by beaney, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Cause I feel like clarifying this: I'm talking about the Arteta coaching Sterling stuff posters were wanking on here about before Emery. Spatial perception, body positioning, weigth shifting in relation to receiving the ball so you're in a better/optimal position to do something with it. Not the purely technical act of receiving a ball with your feet.

krackpot likes this.
  2. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

[​IMG]

Iwobi's better than Lemar.

First Fornals, now Lemar, who's next? Messi?

#Nobodyissafe

3. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

I watched him play last night. He is decent player. This is the ultimate gauge for an arsenal player. Ask you self how would I feel if he was sold to Manchester United? I would hate it, to me that means he is good. I would feel the same if Xhaka, aubameyang, lacazette, Bellerin were sold to United. I would be indifferent if Mustafi was sold to Manchester United, in fact I would love it.

krackpot and Artisan like this.
  4. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Was very good when he moved to #10.

He needs to make the switch to the centre of the pitch.

5. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for Iwobi, he just isn't a winger and never will be. He could develop end product but will never have the pace required to beat a full back at will.

I think he could excel in a midfield 3. He has the physicality, creativity and ability to drive past players that we sorely lack at the moment. Put him with someone defensive like Torreira and a good all rounder like Praet perhaps and we could have a really balanced midfield for the first time in ages.

6. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 Still Hating Reed in 2019

Possibly his last season at Arsenal next year. Can't see him producing any credible numbers.

Football Manager likes this.
  7. African Flair

African Flair Well-Known Member

I can't think about a better club to sell Xhaka to.

8. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

The first time I saw Iwobi, I liked how he received it on the half turn and his weight of pass. Kolasinac is our only effective outlet, because there is a player who can play the ball between the full back. It isn't Özil. It isn't Xhaka. It is Iwobi. He can see, weight and will have the balls to attempt the pass.

Iwobi-------AMN

-----Torreira

Is how I would go in pre season, just to see. r

yybecause likes this.
  9. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Honestly this is the route to go. @The_Playmaker are spot on here IMO. We'd have balance and phsyicality and I think our all round game would be much stronger.

10. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 Still Hating Reed in 2019

Nigerian players reportedly want Iwobi dropped from the team. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

11. 9jagooner

9jagooner Well-Known Member

Why would players want Iwobi dropped from team? He's not the best but he's the only one we've got in that position. Other option is to play Mikel and I'm sure 99 out out 100 Nigerians would not want that.
    Alex did well in midfield in our first game but for some reason didn't do well at all in the second game.
    We've qualified for next stage now so it'll be interesting to see who the manager will try out in game 3.
    Search for JayJay 2 still on...

Artisan likes this.
  12. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

?? Why?

13. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

What a poverty midfield. Xhaka is better than the lot and he's a liability.

Token Yank, celestis and Furious like this.
  14. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Yep. That's a 13th-place midfield right there.

15. arsenefc

arsenefc Obsessed With Guendouzi

should try an AMN, Willock, Iwobi midfield in the cups at least....

16. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I like it - very balanced. Technical CM in Iwobi, B2B in AMN, anchor in Torreira. Good blend of physicality and technique.

Could sub out Torreira for Guendouzi and it still works. It's a risk that the manager probably wouldn't take though. Xhaka the ever-present ensures that.

Mark Tobias and yybecause like this.
  17. simonreq

simonreq Active Member

Always a new project on the horizon here on AM. Whenever a player fails or doesnt perform, we come up with all these theories as to why hes not performing, and how he should be played somewhere else. The only thing wenever contemplate is the fact, that the player might not be good enough.

Sell him while he still holds some value.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  18. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Neither Wenger nor Emery are convinced with him in CM...

African Flair likes this.
  19. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Pit because a couple years of this could see the team transformed..

20. arsenefc

arsenefc Obsessed With Guendouzi

Iwobi, AMN and Willock acquitted themselves much better than doozi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.