• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Pit because a couple years of this could see the team transformed..
Precisely. The one thing you can't say about that midfield is that it's 1-dimensional. Right now we have some talent in our midfield but it's horribly imbalanced and stodgy. We're fine when the tempo is pretty low, but soon as the intensity of the game improves they can't hack it. One-paced, one-dimensional.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Precisely. The one thing you can't say about that midfield is that it's 1-dimensional. Right now we have some talent in our midfield but it's horribly imbalanced and stodgy. We're fine when the tempo is pretty low, but soon as the intensity of the game improves they can't hack it. One-paced, one-dimensional.
and no swagger or panache.... need that so bad ..whats the point other wise

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Iwobi should be a starter for us next year. Clearly talented and genuinely cares for the club. Strong as hell, good touch and great ball carrier. He lacks end product, so get him out of the forward line. it's simple really.

Buy a proper goal scoring wideman and have Iwobi as an attacking midfield option. Hope he can kick on from his Europa cameo.

Alkane

How many years has he had here to prove himself? Not good enough, sell him and get 25m. One of the overly pampered mediocre players here who aren’t good enough and have a loser mentality

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
How many years has he had here to prove himself? Not good enough, sell him and get 25m. One of the overly pampered mediocre players here who aren’t good enough and have a loser mentality
He had enough time to prove he is not what we need for wide positions. He also proved that he is able to change the tempo of the game when he is brought in. He was our best attacking midfielder last season which explains why we struggled so much.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
so we as team are ****, but we should sell Iwobi, one of ours, cause what, he didn&t make us great?
If city could have him for 2 games only, and we didn't know it's him we would be *****ing why haven't we signed him

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He was a starter last season and was ****. If he's a starter again next season, we're doomed.

I see your line of thinking and you're right, but he is not a winger ! He is being robbed of his abilities there.

He is ****ing great in so many parts of the game and midfield is where he can excell using those to his advantage.

I'm not even opposed to selling him, if our business with the money is on point, but he really is a valuable and very good player, if used properly

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
so we as team are ****, but we should sell Iwobi, one of ours, cause what, he didn&t make us great?
If city could have him for 2 games only, and we didn't know it's him we would be *****ing why haven't we signed him

What a great argument. If City had him for two games only, he'd watch them play from his TV.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I see your line of thinking and you're right, but he is not a winger ! He is being robbed of his abilities there.

He is ****ing great in so many parts of the game and midfield is where he can excell using those to his advantage.

I'm not even opposed to selling him, if our business with the money is on point, but he really is a valuable and very good player, if used properly

I've been fan of his until season, but enough is enough. Maybe if the manager had any intentions of only playing him through the middle that would somewhat be worth trying out.

However he's had what 4 seasons now with the first team? Sell him before he becomes another eternity talent like Walcott, Wilshere, Ramsey, etc.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Disappointing not to see any links at all for him, the thought of even Crystal Palace being interested seems far fetched smh.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Never showed even the slightest improvement in his shooting technique & his decision making....Though I believe he has the ability to be a good CM, if not then sell him now

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Not sure why everyone suddenly wants him to start regularly next season. He did **** all last season in the chances he was given. And he has been given enough opportunities in the past three years. I don't see him get any better. Sell him.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I can see him being a good midfielder thanks to his technical qualities. Can't see the manager give him a shot there though, so we'd probably be better off selling.
Even ignoring the aforementioned lack of end product, he is just too ****ing slow to play out wide. Can't get away with having slow players on the flanks anymore in PL like back in the Nasri days.

iwobi-ps_119x2bme9s10311f5hjq42701f.png

Interesting comments from Iwobi yesterday about seeing himself as a midfielder. Don't disagree. Think he'd be a revelation in a midfield 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom