• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Didn't really put a foot wrong. Kept it ticking, beat his man when he needed to. We looked better with him on the pitch. Well done lad.

Deserves to start in the F.A cup.

Aevi

Hale End FC
AM/RW/LW/CF
In that case, if I were Wenger, I would sub him in virtually every game for whoever needs a rest. Most likely Campbell, who gets tired from his workrate, but also possible Özil or Alexis because they play consecutively

If we are winning, he experiences keeping a lead, playing in a confident attack, and game time.

If we are losing, we benefit from his great composure and fresh legs.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Would rather see him start ahead of Ox and Theo at the moment. Showed composure and intelligence to hold on to the ball, not panic and move it into space to get attacks going. Something neither Ramsey, Ox, Flamini or Theo could do.

The way the foursome just sat on the ball like deer in the headlights at the end of game only to lose it moments later when there were plenty of ways to move and retain it was appalling! :mad:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's got a composure on the ball that far too many in the squad lack. He looks casual in the best possible way, just controls the ball and does what he wants with it. I like the look of him. Hopefully with our creative players coming back we won't have to see much of him but he may well be a nice option in the near future. He can't offer any less than poor Theo is at the moment, that's for sure.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Iwobi IMO marks the first of a batch who have a full grasp of Wengerball at it's best. Wilshere being the exception of his lot of course. Iwobi has all of the fundamentals down, the versatility; the movement; the first touch and technique; the awareness of his teammates. There are more like him coming with the likes of Jeff and Malen who are outside recruits to a certain degree, but in terms of Hale End, there's Willock and Nelson, who display a similar level of intelligence and understanding of Wenger's style of play.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Iwobi IMO marks the first of a batch who have a full grasp of Wengerball at it's best. Wilshere being the exception of his lot of course. Iwobi has all of the fundamentals down, the versatility; the movement; the first touch and technique; the awareness of his teammates. There are more like him coming with the likes of Jeff and Malen who are outside recruits to a certain degree, but in terms of Hale End, there's Willock and Nelson, who display a similar level of intelligence and understanding of Wenger's style of play.
You seem to know a lot about our Academy, do you watch them play often?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You seem to know a lot about our Academy, do you watch them play often?
When I can. I've been to Underhill for some games when I've been near the area and seen a couple U21 games at Emirates Stadium (it's like £4 to get in). Otherwise, I mainly just keep a closer eye on highlights and loans.

I have not been for a while though, so I'm not as much in the know regarding the potential of the current U18 team other than Reiss Nelson and a few others.

Bould14

Looks a proper prospect. Needs a loan next year or Wenger needs to find him more minutes. Does more on the wing than Chambo/Wilshere ever did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom