Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by beaney, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Really did well in his PL debut away against tough side really surprised Wenger gave him more than 15 minutes.

AbouDiabyMilitia and krackpot like this.
  2. db10fan

db10fan Member

Looks calm/confident playing in a tough game, looks a good talent to succeed.

3. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Looked neat and tidy. Felt he could have tried to beat a player.

Is he quick?

4. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Seemed to fade really quickly but looked out best player for five minutes.

5. RandyMarsh

RandyMarsh Established Member

Didn't really put a foot wrong. Kept it ticking, beat his man when he needed to. We looked better with him on the pitch. Well done lad.

Deserves to start in the F.A cup.

6. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

AM/RW/LW/CF

7. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

In that case, if I were Wenger, I would sub him in virtually every game for whoever needs a rest. Most likely Campbell, who gets tired from his workrate, but also possible Özil or Alexis because they play consecutively

If we are winning, he experiences keeping a lead, playing in a confident attack, and game time.

If we are losing, we benefit from his great composure and fresh legs.

8. RUS arsenal

RUS arsenal Well-Known Member

Would rather see him start ahead of Ox and Theo at the moment. Showed composure and intelligence to hold on to the ball, not panic and move it into space to get attacks going. Something neither Ramsey, Ox, Flamini or Theo could do.

The way the foursome just sat on the ball like deer in the headlights at the end of game only to lose it moments later when there were plenty of ways to move and retain it was appalling! :mad:

9. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

He's got a composure on the ball that far too many in the squad lack. He looks casual in the best possible way, just controls the ball and does what he wants with it. I like the look of him. Hopefully with our creative players coming back we won't have to see much of him but he may well be a nice option in the near future. He can't offer any less than poor Theo is at the moment, that's for sure.

10. MutableEarth

Iwobi IMO marks the first of a batch who have a full grasp of Wengerball at it's best. Wilshere being the exception of his lot of course. Iwobi has all of the fundamentals down, the versatility; the movement; the first touch and technique; the awareness of his teammates. There are more like him coming with the likes of Jeff and Malen who are outside recruits to a certain degree, but in terms of Hale End, there's Willock and Nelson, who display a similar level of intelligence and understanding of Wenger's style of play.

Trilly, Bashii, krengon and 5 others like this.
  11. SuperGoon

SuperGoon Debbie Downer

Iwobi is the future.

I hope he gets a full game against Burnley.

AbouDiabyMilitia and redanddread like this.
  12. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

The difference in the team when Iwobi came on just left me so mind blown. I'm still rather speechless to be honest. The way his composure and calmness made the attack so fluid in comparison to when Theo was on has sold me on him.

Want to see more.

13. RUS arsenal

You seem to know a lot about our Academy, do you watch them play often?

14. MutableEarth

When I can. I've been to Underhill for some games when I've been near the area and seen a couple U21 games at Emirates Stadium (it's like £4 to get in). Otherwise, I mainly just keep a closer eye on highlights and loans.

I have not been for a while though, so I'm not as much in the know regarding the potential of the current U18 team other than Reiss Nelson and a few others.

15. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

This lad's growing up fast. Was very composed today and looked an upgrade on Theo!

16. RUS arsenal

That nutmeg in the midfield to completely burn the Stoke player when he was being pressed was silky smooth.

17. Bould14

Bould14 Well-Known Member

Looks a proper prospect. Needs a loan next year or Wenger needs to find him more minutes. Does more on the wing than Chambo/Wilshere ever did.

18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Such a huge talent. Love how we make a space for these kind of players in our squad. Hope he gets more playing time.

19. Datguy

Datguy Member

He has a better first touch than ramsey, walcott and the ox.

He needs to get to Welbz level, özil is on his way there too..

20. SuperGoon

SuperGoon Debbie Downer

I like your avatar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.