• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanb85

The difference in the team when Iwobi came on just left me so mind blown. I'm still rather speechless to be honest. The way his composure and calmness made the attack so fluid in comparison to when Theo was on has sold me on him.

Want to see more.

THIS!! I couldn't believe it. He was so composed, so calm, looked like he belonged. There's no way I'd loan him out, let him get game time here and this may be a controversial comment but I'd rather him in the team than Walcott. Walcott just offers nothing, still a poor first touch, still very rarely plays it into space for a player (these are the margins, watch when he passes to a team mate players always have to break stride), and as Alan Hansen said a few years back, he's NOT a football guy, he's just a guy who can run fast and even that's been letting him down of late

There's no way he starts when Sanchez is back in the team, drop him

General

Established Member
He just needs to add a bit more goal threat to his play but he's young and has time on his side. Definitely silky smooth and he's very efficient in possession. To come on and show such composure at Stoke speaks volumes. Gonna be some player if he keeps feet on ground.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Nice piece on Iwobi, featuring Arteta comments.

Mikel Arteta has hailed the emergence of Arsenal teenager Alex Iwobi but warned he must focus on developing his talents in one position.

The 19-year-old has become a permanent fixture on the Gunners’ first-team bench in recent weeks, earning a place in ten of the last 11 match-day squads and making seven appearances in total.

Iwobi can play on either flank, as a centre-forward or in central midfield and is in line to start Arsenal’s FA Cup fourth round match against Burnley at Emirates Stadium on Saturday.

Arteta, who could also be involved this weekend, believes the Nigerian-born teenager may need to fine-tune his talents to guarantee a career at the highest level.

“Iwobi has been doing really well for us lately,” he said. “I played with him in the Under-21s recently and I was surprised he could play in central midfield as well.

“He is versatile and that is a massive attribute because forwards don’t normally have that 360 degree vision you need in midfield. Alex is capable of reading the game well, understanding his positioning and his body shape when he plays.

“That’s fairly unusual for a player who plays on the wing or up front. That will be important for his development. Technically he is a brilliant player, he works hard, though sometimes being versatile can also work against you in the future because you want consistency in one position. At the moment though, he is a very good team player.

“You can see the change in his confidence after being given some minutes in the first team. The Stoke game was a good example of that. He came on and had an impact on the game straight away. His decision-making was excellent and the game didn’t run quicker than him. To do that against a tough team in a difficult atmosphere tells you he is improving and moving forwards.”

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
No, like our club captain. There's a reason why Arteta is still here, I imagine he integrates everyone into the squad nicely. Too bad his legs are gone.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It's funny how when he came on, i didn't think we would lose the ball so easily. He has a good touch, good movement and uses the ball so well. He reminds me a bit of RvP in the way he moves and uses the ball.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I like what I've seen from him so far. You can see he understands the basics. Disappointed if he doesn't start on the weekend.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

He's our first decent captain in a long while. Wenger always used the Captain's Armband as a means to keep people with wavering loyalty from jumping ship.

Kinda defeats the purpose. You shouldn't be leading a team if you're considering leaving.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Absolute quality.

I have said I wanted a youngster as backup to Özil, looking like we found him!

Giroud

Established Member
This lad is a baller. Very impressed with everything I have seen from him. I think AM is his best position.

Yeah he always found himself in dangerous areas between the opposition and had the awareness to take players out of the game using his first touch. Promising player for sure.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Honestly speaking I thought he'd do well to become a squad player here, but he looks brilliant so far. He's done enough this season to take Rosicky's place in the squad when we let him go in the summer. I'd prefer that over a loan, he's making huge strides here.

Hleb's heir.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Iwobi is the real deal. His balance and first touch is beyond his years. Quality.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I was very impressed with Iwobi today; Excellent touch, composed on the ball, good awareness, good movement off the ball and overall showed a good football brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom