• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
£25m for iwobi is a lot even in today's market. Honestly I think a lot of his hype is generated through him being young, playing a lot and doing some very simple things like retain the ball. He doesn't actually bring much to the table and hasn't really progressed at all since he first came through.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
£25m for iwobi is a lot even in today's market. Honestly I think a lot of his hype is generated through him being young, playing a lot and doing some very simple things like retain the ball. He doesn't actually bring much to the table and hasn't really progressed at all since he first came through.

I don't get the Iwobi hate on here. He has just turned 22 years old. He is basically around the same age as Richarlison, who is moving for big money yet Iwobi statistically ****s all over him and he isn't even a left winger.

Iwobi has insane strength and ball protection, he can dribble in tight areas and he has an excellent weight of pass.what he doesn't have is consistent finishing and he is clearly a confidence player. However, he needs to play deeper and with the right guidance he will progress. He is one of the players who definitely deserves a season with Emery.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
if Rich is a £50mil player then Iwobi is too, but its not how the transfer market works... 20mil for Iwobi would be a joke, simple as. still havent joined the team for a preseason and not anything from Emery about him, but he was in my top3 players to breakthrough under Unai. top talent

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I don't get the Iwobi hate on here. He has just turned 22 years old. He is basically around the same age as Richarlison, who is moving for big money yet Iwobi statistically ****s all over him and he isn't even a left winger.

Iwobi has insane strength and ball protection, he can dribble in tight areas and he has an excellent weight of pass.what he doesn't have is consistent finishing and he is clearly a confidence player. However, he needs to play deeper and with the right guidance he will progress. He is one of the players who definitely deserves a season with Emery.
"Hate" :lol:

I don't hate him, and I'm not in a rush to throw him in the bin. But I think we can do better and £25 million would be a great price.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I just don’t understand why anyone would want to get rid of Iwobi

I can’t even see where they’re coming from in the slightest

Unless someone was offering season altering amounts of money for him

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I like Iwobi and hope that he succeeds at Arsenal but if Emery has someone earmarked for that position and wants to raise funds through selling players who might not fit in his plan then I support him. Its possible that Emery doesn't see him as a winger but as a CM and feels that we're already stacked in that position. We should be getting closer to 30m for him though. Wish some EPL club bids for him, they always overpay.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Iwobi has talent no doubt but also hasn’t progressed much in the past season.

It’s just like the Joel Campbell situation a few years ago, majoirtity of people on here wanted to see what he could add to the team despite a good offer on the table, fast forward to 2017/2018 and those very people are complaining the club didn’t sell him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Iwobi has talent no doubt but also hasn’t progressed much in the past season.

It’s just like the Joel Campbell situation a few years ago, majoirtity of people on here wanted to see what he could add to the team despite a good offer on the table, fast forward to 2017/2018 and those very people are complaining the club didn’t sell him.

It depends on what you measure progress by. Offensively he hasn't produced numbers yet, but players like Fabregas didn't produce till 24.

Where he has definitely improved is defensively. He's a much better tackler and he really tracks back. He completes the 90 comfortably where as before he struggled. He is also physically imposing now and for me he needs to be ear marked for central position.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We know what Iwobi can add, he's got good close control, penetrative dribbling, very lively, good burst of pace and a very dangerous player at his best. Campbell had a decent shot, some nice passing with horrendous stamina and not much else.

Selling Iwobi for 25 million would be absolute madness, he has huge quality and potential. Still very young. I thought the idea of getting a new manager is that he'd be able to get the best of these talented players where Wenger failed to do so?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I could understand this urge to get rid of Iwobi if his problem was something to do with his ability, but it's not it's consistency and confidence which can easily be sorted with the right coaching. I could genuinely see him displacing Mkhitaryan for example if we were able to get the absolute best out of him.

Preacher

Always Crying
No need to sell Iwobi, if you can first sell Welbeck and Lucas, especially for that quoted price.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It depends on what you measure progress by. Offensively he hasn't produced numbers yet, but players like Fabregas didn't produce till 24.

Where he has definitely improved is defensively. He's a much better tackler and he really tracks back. He completes the 90 comfortably where as before he struggled. He is also physically imposing now and for me he needs to be ear marked for central position.

You're making a lot of sense here, but huh? Fabregas didn't produce till he was 24? He was Arsenal captain and on the verge of a move to Barcelona when he was 24.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Im not bothered about iwobi either way tbh. He has more bad games than good the match threads on here tell you all that without watching a game. Its called been fickle!!!!

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Iwobi with the right guidance can go places. In my opinion he has three problems:

- no clearly defined role
- decision making
- confidence

All three can be worked on and I'm sure Emery will focus on those in training.

Iwobi suffered playing with a demanding guy like Alexis who'd scoff and throw his arms to the sky after he misplaced a pass or went for a shot. Mixed with the pressure of a hostile demanding fan base, who wanted the manager out, it was not the environment for a guy with his confidence level to learn. Playing together with a striker like Aubameyang with his positive attitude and a new manager with fresh ideas and (hopefully) more focus on tactics and indiviual growth will help his confidence.

With the market being as inflated as it is, it's actually worth keeping our young talents close and trying to get them to improve. One of the reasons why Emery got this position.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Out of Welbeck/perez/campbell/iwobi the only one we should keep is Iwobi imo.
The guy is still only 22 and he still has time to take the next step in his development.
Look at a player like lingard for example, 26 this year and he’s only been a regular for about 2 years now. I think people should have some patience with him.

Also, like someone else mentioned a page or two ago, I think that getting rid of all our players who’s been around since they were kids would be a terrible mistake. Wouldn’t want this club to head towards the soulless oil club direction. People already moan about players not understanding the magnitude of a NLD but would still call for a talented 22 year old player who’s been around since primary school to be sold in the same breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom