Alex Iwobi (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by yousif_arsenal, Aug 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

Hopefully this is a start of a new trend.

Here’s hoping Antonio Conte comes in for Granit Xhaka next season and offers 40m for him.

Lovely stuff.

Sanchez11's ghost and Ricardinho like this.
  2. darkgunner

darkgunner Well-Known Member

Nah it's gonna be Sancho for £120m + Mkhitaryan in July 2020. And 60m from Özil and Xhaka sales combined.

3. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Reiss Nelson and hopefully ESR too should turn into a valuable assets. After failing way too many youngsters such as Gnabry at the end of the Wenger era, we really needed this ...

4. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Think he’ll go on loan still.

Aevi and yousif_arsenal like this.
  5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

we did support him wenger Emery give him enough chances and he failed most of time so getting 35M from him is good.

Gooner416 and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  6. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

By Saka's performance in youth ranks and his style of play.

Özillionaire likes this.
  7. morpho

morpho #ArtetaOut = Permanent Ban

Or even better: You could say...
    Bought Tierney and Luiz, sold Iwobi and had a profit!
    Crazy If you think about it

8. Beast Incarnate

Beast Incarnate Well-Known Member

So you're basing it on his performances at youth level. Got it.

9. RWB

RWB New Member

Good money. But the net result of the window then: 1 winger in, 1 winger out.

Guess we will see some more 3412 from Emery then.

10. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hearing Emery wanted to keep him but Ljungberg said he is not in his plans and gave his approval.

11. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Yep, got laughed at when I told we should look for more than Ox price, because he had only one year in contract and contributed similar numbers as Iwobi. People said we could not get even 30 million euros, heh.

Trilly likes this.
  12. Keplaz

Keplaz Well-Known Member

This is terrible news. Iwobi was one of our own. I think there's a player of real quality in there and it's a shame we won't get to see that.

American_Gooner and krackpot like this.
  13. Aevi

Aevi Smooth Moderator

You can say 2 wingers in if you count Nelson coming back from loan. He'll definitely be playing a role this season.

THunter likes this.
  14. Billysastard

Billysastard New Member

Hope we don't regret this one Iwobi's always had poor stats but is one of the few players to take people on and actually cause havoc and be unpredictable.
    A bit Hleb like cos if our players were more accurate he'd of had many more assists to his name he's still young and could still explode!
    Good luck to the Nigerian prince liked him dammit and Mhiki is still here stinking the place out!

15. Beast Incarnate

He played very well for a lot of last season. Think he created the 2nd most chances in the league. He had a ridiculous work rate and always gave him 100%.

I can think of so many players I'd have got rid of before him. Watch him step up a level now he's at a club with good fans that back their players.

16. Özillionaire

Özillionaire Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Not sure what the issue is - that's what most scouts do who find stars at a young age.

Saka clearly has incredible close control, touch and a good football brain. Consistently making the right runs and putting the ball in dangerous areas when the chance arises.

Preacher and Arsenio Venger like this.
  17. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Don't forget Martinelli!

Sanchez11's ghost, Jasard and THunter like this.
  18. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

some Everton games will be televised:lol:

19. Beast Incarnate

My point is he's untested at this level. Saying he has more upside than Iwobi is a ridiculous comment. How many good youth players have we had that didn't make the grade?

20. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Iwobi just killed Walcott.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.