• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Now that I think about it, my memory about him playing CM were he dilly dallying trying to dribble near our 18 yard, got caught and the other side scored and killed the game because of it.... happened twice I think.
Was it Bayern?

anyway ... bye

Monaco. Carrasco ran down the other end and killed off the tie in the first leg.

@1:44 on

Last edited:

TheEconomist

Established Member
Thanks for everything, will never forget that goal to help us beat mourinho's Chelsea.

Sad to see him go. But I don't feel betrayed. He, like Cesc should have stayed out his career at Arsenal. We let them both down and gave them no choice. All the best for the future

Impact

Established Member
Some Liverpool pundits, like Steve Nichol, don't rate him at all.

Fair enough. Do think it's hard to have an accurate view of many of our players given our current issues. I think Chamberlain is one of the better ones and will be successful at L'pool though.

Impact

Established Member
Many of Chamberlain's best Arsenal performances came as a CM. He hasn't been given a real chance in this role.

Quite frankly, after realising he was behind the likes of Coquelin, Elneny and at times, a half-fit Ramsey, I don't blame him for not believing Wenger's rhetoric that he sees him as a CM.

He's seen how Walcott's career has stagnated first hand by indecisiveness over his role. He's been proactive about his future and has backed himself. Fair play to him.

Last edited:

coolaa

Other than Sanchez and Carzola. He is our only player that can dribble pass an opponent. We still have Iwobi and Wilshere who can dribble, but they do not have the pace to beat a marker.

boyinneedofhumor

"Iwobi, your chance to further stake your claim in the team has come.
Look at other players I've shifted out so that your career won't be killed.

I'm convinced you'll be the next player the league will be talking about in the next 2-3 seasons.

Now get out there and accustom yourself to RWB because Bellerin will remain on the left."

goonerwarsh

Established Member
He'll do well at Liverpool because Klopp won't indulge him. He'll kick him up the arse when it's required and he'll probably develop into a more rounded and professional player. He needs coaching and discipline.

The fact that he has taken far less wages than what we were offering to go there is incredibly damning. It's not even like he's gone to a club that has won the league recently - he's just gone to a club that is genuinely trying to improve and cares about it's sporting intentions.

I'm incredibly envious of clubs like Liverpool and even ****ing Tottenham right now with the managers they have in charge.

silent_shadow

Established Member
Can't be angry at him. He did us a favour really. Not good enough in any position other than the one he doesn't want to play.

Imagine we'd actually given him a contract of 180k per week. Ridiculous decision. We'd be regretting it for years and he'd have been another we couldn't budge. Leaves in good faith from my end because of that. Go be underwhelming at Liverpool, Ox.

Cruisio

Established Member
I can't get angry at players leaving anymore, said it after the RvP transfer. They're far closer to things than we are and even from our side the whole thing looks a mess. Can't blame anyone looking to jump **** as quickly as possible.

CJJ

Established Member
This transfer hurts... getting what feels like the biggest hammering in a long long time and THEN joining the ones who beat us a few days later.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I believed in him through his injuries, and he ran at the first chance.

3c66ef3e13c6afc0bbe1b894dad13541--sassy-quotes-style-quotes.jpg

Back-stabbing snake...get out of my club!

Enfield

Established Member
Does anyone know what some of the twitter heavyweights were referring to last night when they said that the Ox stabbed Gibbs in the back

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
He's not even that good. People liked him because he's pacy, but he's Aaron Lennon/Ross Barkley level. He'll only be missed at right back. As far as wingers go, he's deadwood.

OSBK

Established Member
Just seen his reported wage is 120k per week at liverpool. So glad he didnt stay at 180k per week.

Also sky sports saying could go beyond 40mill with addons? If so quality work from arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom