• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Guy rejected more money for footballing reasons. Calling him a snake seems a bit much.

General agreement that Arsenal is a complete mess at the moment, and the guy was constantly played out of position. Why is he getting so much ****? 90% of you want to see your owner drop dead, your manager fired and a "complete squad overhaul", yet Ox is somehow a **** for getting the **** away from this mess?

He took less money to play in a position he prefers on a team full of good vibes and potential. I know this is an Arsenal board but come on. If you label everyone who leaves a snake, it's going to lose it's meaning at some point.
Perfectly said. He's showing the very ambition we lack.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenger knew how hard it was going to be for ox if we lost that game, and he still stuck him in there. It was a ****ty thing to do on every level imaginable

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Wenger knew how hard it was going to be for ox if we lost that game, and he still stuck him in there. It was a ****ty thing to do on every level imaginable
He didn't know that Ox wanted to go to Pool, the agreement was with Chelsea.
Hats off to Ox though, only 20m cheaper than Sanchez :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Kinda the point I was trying to make. Wenger probably asked Ox if he felt ready to play and he would ofcourse say yes. But that's where you need a coach to say, you have a conflict of interest and I absolutely cannot allow anything to get in the way of the team.

I get that people are upset, but it's totally misdirected. Ox should've been nowhere near the squad, and he's made it clear he wants to leave since March.

Ewarwoowar

I have to admit, initially, a few weeks ago was hoping he would stay, now he is gone, aint that bothered and chuffed we got £40mil. Have to laugh at the headlines "Ox pens emotional farewell to the gunner fans", what he wrote(if in deed penned by himself) couldn't be any more generic than it really is. Which makes you think was his heart ever really in the Arsenal and is it only coincidence his most consistent period in an Arsenal shirt comes immediately prior to dream move to pool?

The other side of the coin is lots of pool fans are venting because they would prefer Lemar to Ox, so not all sunshine and roses ay :)

RoadrunnerReloaded

He didn't know that Ox wanted to go to Pool, the agreement was with Chelsea.
Hats off to Ox though, only 20m cheaper than Sanchez :lol:

That shouldn't matter. Starting a player who you are selling in order to play another player out of position and bench one of our new signings (and best players over the first two matches) was a criminally stupid decision. No way around it really.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Took a paycut to leave...calling him a snake damages the credibility of this forum IMO.

Not bothered about him leaving though. Lots of effort, minimal end product if I'm being honest. Good luck anyway son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom