• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Ox has the potential to be the best RWB in the league. Ox certainly displayed the form in that role at the end of the season to back it up.
Not sure I'd go with that I can only ever see him becoming a solid player, but then that's the thing with potential you never really know. We've got another player who's going to make an awesome RWB imo anyway.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'd be amazed if Ox who Wenger has talked up as destined for a role in the middle is happy to settle for being a RWB

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
We've got another player who's going to make an awesome RWB imo anyway.

Although Chambers played well at RB at Southampton and filled in at RB role at times at Boro with 4 at the back. I see Chambers more suited to the CB role.

Or did you mean MustafI who has played RB at times for Germany? Again I think the RCB of a back 3 is more suited for him.

Or did mean Gabriel who played well at RB this season (of a back 4) in about half dozen matches and showed up Bellerin. I think Gabriel is more suited RWB than he is CB.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Although Chambers played well at RB at Southampton and filled in at RB role at times at Boro with 4 at the back. I see Chambers more suited to the CB role.

Or did you mean MustafI who has played RB at times for Germany? Again I think the RCB of a back 3 is more suited for him.

Or did mean Gabriel who played well at RB this season (of a back 4) in about half dozen matches and showed up Bellerin. I think Gabriel is more suited RWB than he is CB.

I think he meant Maitlend Niles.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ox is signing a new deal, this is just his agent trying to get a few extra quid before they sign the contract later this month.

Quite obvious really.
Who the heck would sign him anyway? No team can offer him what we can at the moment IMO.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Ox is riding Donkeys on the beach of a tropical island somewhere with Little Mix

He's going to sign his new contract when he gets back. Just letting us stew a bit try and get some more dosh

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...wilshere-bellerin-Arsène-wenger-a7804351.html

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I love how these papers are attempting to scaremonger fans and spread sheer lies.

Our budget accounts for that one year wage meaning the 7m a year thing is irrelevant. Also, last year, you could only increase your yearly wage bill by 4m a year. So it has actually gone up whereas these papers are making it out to be a new thing.

Annoys me.
I reckon when next we do win the league there'll be a proper meltdown amongst all of these c*nts in the media. Doubly so if Wenger is the manager.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I love how these papers are attempting to scaremonger fans and spread sheer lies.

Our budget accounts for that one year wage meaning the 7m a year thing is irrelevant. Also, last year, you could only increase your yearly wage bill by 4m a year. So it has actually gone up whereas these papers are making it out to be a new thing.

Annoys me.
It annoys me when fans get overly sensitive to comments from journalists when they are repeating concerns fans have been pointing out themselves.

Over the last few years our significant spending came with Özil when we signed a new deal with Puma and and improved deal with Emirates. The following year multiple players including Alexis signed then a quiet year with Cech. The next significant spend came when wages were off the wage bill with Arteta, Rosicky and Flamini all gone freeing up roughly 200k. The pattern is already there with how are expenditure works. Boost in revenue signings then a slow down then a boost with natural turnover.

Going into this window we've lost 40 approx due to Champions League. We've lost money on what we had last season after significant investment on the back of increased revenue from TV rights.

Now casting aside all that simply nearly everyone has been in agreement to see the investment required to keep Alexis and Özil plus bringing in additional signings we needed to bring in extra revenue by selling people whilst simultaneously reducing our wage bill. But hey ho once pointed out by a journalist it is scaremongering and lies.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Liverpool obviously enquirer but ultimately went for Salah.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It annoys me when fans get overly sensitive to comments from journalists when they are repeating concerns fans have been pointing out themselves.

Over the last few years our significant spending came with Özil when we signed a new deal with Puma and and improved deal with Emirates. The following year multiple players including Alexis signed then a quiet year with Cech. The next significant spend came when wages were off the wage bill with Arteta, Rosicky and Flamini all gone freeing up roughly 200k. The pattern is already there with how are expenditure works. Boost in revenue signings then a slow down then a boost with natural turnover.

Going into this window we've lost 40 approx due to Champions League. We've lost money on what we had last season after significant investment on the back of increased revenue from TV rights.

Now casting aside all that simply nearly everyone has been in agreement to see the investment required to keep Alexis and Özil plus bringing in additional signings we needed to bring in extra revenue by selling people whilst simultaneously reducing our wage bill. But hey ho once pointed out by a journalist it is scaremongering and lies.

It's not being overly sensitive it's just applying simple logic to a bit of research. Every fan that reads the article will now think we cannot buy anyone and we cannot put Özil/Alexis on mega contracts before we sell.

Wrong, we received 3.5m for winning the FA cup. That can go towards increasing the wage bill, we received 30.4m for finishing 5th. We received 112m from TV money however that can't be used but you can use that for transfers.

You then have our 30m a year deal with puma, amongst many other revenue streams. I might be completely wrong, but if this were an issue why on earth didn't we get pulled up on it last year after signing 3 players on big contracts without selling first. Specifically when you could only raise your yearly wage by 4m?!

It's scaremongering at its finest and lazy journalism.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

It's not being overly sensitive it's just applying simple logic to a bit of research. Every fan that reads the article will now think we cannot buy anyone and we cannot put Özil/Alexis on mega contracts before we sell.

Wrong, we received 3.5m for winning the FA cup. That can go towards increasing the wage bill, we received 30.4m for finishing 5th. We received 112m from TV money however that can't be used but you can use that for transfers.

You then have our 30m a year deal with puma, amongst many other revenue streams. I might be completely wrong, but if this were an issue why on earth didn't we get pulled up on it last year after signing 3 players on big contracts without selling first. Specifically when you could only raise your yearly wage by 4m?!

It's scaremongering at its finest and lazy journalism.
And what
What do you think the money we earn already goes on? Player amortisation, wages for players and other staff, facilties, debt etc. We've lost 40m plus match day revenue from CL plus we got lower price money as we went from 2nd to 5th. Throw in Chelsea, United and Liverpool are gaining when we've lost CL money it's fair to say they can easily comply with an increase beyond 7m and demonstrate it with ease.

Last season we lost approximately 200k off the books via Flamini,Arteta and Rosicky all leaving throw in the money off the books for Wilsheres loan amongst others it's clear to see we had more freedom to spend on wages.

Like I said at the start it's fine when we say if we get rid of Gibbs, Giroud, Perez and Debuchy we free up 300k per week making new deals easier but when a journalist points it out then God Dam that journalist for attacking us.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Oxlade-Chamberlain had a good few months when the team was in disarray and has suddenly become the most overrated player in the league.

He has all the tools to be special, but as of now - he just isn't. He definitely isn't in my first choice XI with everyone fit. Bellerin is a better RWB and Ramsey a better CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom