• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Established Member
AOChamberlain twitter:

Facilities at Arsenal are fantastic, passed a medical and i'm looking forward to meeting all my team mates.

At first I thought it was an obvious fake, but YoungGunsBlog has confirmed its real.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
USArsenal said:
kalleTheMan said:
Thanks Ricky, I started to feel attacked from all angles.

This should be about young Chamberlain anyway. If anyone want to keep discussing send a PM.
technically, this is about AOC.. his transfer in ahead of more pressing needs is the reason we are reacting this way..

if he was bought in early July or in June, this conversation doesnt happen because there is plenty of time to bring in defenders.. problem is, we are less than a week away from the start of the season and nothing in our defense has changed (other than Clichy leaving)

I never thought Chamberlain should have been a priority so I'm not too happy about this signing.

However I think people are underestimating our attacking problems last season. Since we had the best away record I will with good reason assume we were good enough away from home, when we had more space in attack.

At home we were only the 5th best team which is a major discrepancy. Why? Looking at the stats we conceded 3 more goals then United and 2 more goals then Chelsea. However they scored 16 and 6 goals more respectively, and in the end picked up 18 and 8 points more respectively. These stats would suggest it's not as easy as signing 2 more defenders and a DM and our problems would be solved.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Chamberlain is quality you *****es!

Wenger's failed in terms of addressing the needs of the first team, another issue altogether. You always want the best young players regardless.

Now we just need 2 or 3 starting quality players, which of course won't happen.

JazzG

Established Member
It's not another issue when our total funds are being dipped into to get him here. Don't get me wrong if these rumours are true I'll be excited to see him and hope he does well but we have pressing issues which haven't been sorted for years and it seems yet another summer will go by with our manager failing to address them.

There is light

Hilarious reaction really, we just beat Man United and liverpool to the signing of a very talented young english forward, a signing which had been in the pipeline for about 6 months now and THAT, has sparked of riots. Way to go. Almost all discussions have had little to do with oxo-cube's ability but most of the usual ranting which should not be done in this thread anyway. I understand your concerns but I just cannot understand how a signing which's been in the pipeline for ages jeopardises our other possible and essential signings ? Does this signing mean our business is over ?

Bossa

Established Member
This signings doesnt make sense BUT you cant have enough talent in the squad.

I will be seriously pissed though if we spend 12m on OX and we do not spend 12m one a decent CB.

Shue

Established Member
Hilarious situation we're in currently. Had we missed out on him and he'd been signed by City, Liverpool, United, Chelsea, there'd be uproar. We look like we're getting him and there's uproar.

idgi

There is light

bbcsport_david David Ornstein
Arsenal plan to announce Oxlade-Chamberlain signing on official website in next couple of hours. All done and dusted

Bossa

Established Member
He looks exactly like Theo when he was 17. Can we really expect him to be a member of the first team within a year? Look at Theo he's already 22 and he still hasnt fully proved himself to the club.

Even Ronaldo and Messi who are one the best players ever, made their marks at 21 yo.

La Sagna

Established Member
Shue said:
Hilarious situation we're in currently. Had we missed out on him and he'd been signed by City, Liverpool, United, Chelsea, there'd be uproar. We look like we're getting him and there's uproar.

idgi

This.

Though Wenger will look like he has egg on his face if in whatever way possible the money for this deal negated the fact that we couldn't sign a CB because we were short by a few million............

If that is the case I am in no doubt that riots would occur

eye4goal

Established Member
Would rather we spent the extra £5-10m on getting the best we can in defence and attack. Anyways, I'll reserve judgement on our transfer window until its over but it's not looking very good at the moment

patrick42uk

Established Member
Eager to see him play within our team to judge his technical level. From having seen him for Saints, its clear he has decent ball control, decent passing and good skill on the ball but I'm a little skeptical with British players. For instance, Ramsey was considered technically excellent by Cardiff standards and Wales standard but for me he's short a level. Another example is a couple of the boys at leeds- johnny howson and rob snodgrass. Again considered "technically good" but looked less so than even the likes of Denilson and Bendtner when we played them last year in the cup.

Mastadon

Established Member
Hope this guy is as good as his price suggests. I definitely agree we should carry on signing top young talent whenever possible but we still need as many new signings as we did before this one.

progman07

Established Member
Shue said:

idgi
I would have loved to miss out on him if that means we spend that 10 million better.

If anyone thinks it's normal to spend 10 million on a youngster, while we haven't solved 3-4 positions in the squad yet (and we need every penny to get the best CB, CM and left back), he is just too pro-Wenger to see things right. Are you?

We are basically gambling with 10 million here in the club's worst situation in the last decade. Chamberlain might get good one day, he might become a Wilshere (fast progress, awesome), he might become a Theo (slow progress, but decent), or a Diaby (failure). I don't think we could afford this 10 million gamble right now. We needed that money elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom