• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Runarsson: Huffing and Puffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
EidMeEiWkAAGlKo

...Arsenal looks to have brought the best out of him already, it has to be said.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I say give him a bit of time guys, don't judge him by his size haha. He came pretty cheap, not like he was expensive. Lets hope he is what he says he is, can play out with both feet which is how we are playing, give him a chance to prove himself.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
At least we have a clear no.1 now.

Was never a fan of the domestic/ European keeper split a lot of clubs got into.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
And we sold Martinez to keep Leno :rofl: ANd this is who we replace him with.

This club is a lost cause.
Please tell who we could have got who's at Martinez level without spending over ATLEAST 10 million? Over 10 million for a backup keeper?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Welcome to Arsenal.

In the replies to official arse.com post, what were some tweets about him and Wenger ?

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Welcome to Arsenal.

In the replies to official arse.com post, what were some tweets about him and Wenger ?

According to @American_Gooner faked tweets where he insulted Wenger. Even if they weren't faked though they're dated in the week between losing 0-2 to Liverpool and losing 8-2 to United. Probably wasn't the only reactionary 16 year old kid at the time.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
According to @American_Gooner faked tweets where he insulted Wenger. Even if they weren't faked though they're dated in the week between losing 0-2 to Liverpool and losing 8-2 to United. Probably wasn't the only reactionary 16 year old kid at the time.
There were a lot of screenshots of his tweets going around, some were real and some fake. The first person to "discover" his Wenger tweet is notorious for being a troll.

dino bravo

Elite posting mate!
Sorry mate, don't understand. Sarcasm there?

Just saying that you can make just about anyone look good on YT, this guy looks worrying to me. Looks very weak too. Have a watch and see.

I wish him all the best of course, but everytime Leno goes down, we are all going to be collectively s**tting ourselves.

Jason Jace

6'1" and 161 lbs. Not a giant to be fair.

Well, at least we didn't pay a huge fee so let's give the lad a chance to prove himself.
There have shorter goalkeepers

I am not saying he is a world beater ,I am just saying his height has nothing to do with his ability as a goal goalkeeper

Alex Runarsson is 1.85m
Kepa Arizabalaga is 1.85m
Jordan Pickford is 1.85m
Iker casillas is 1.82m
Victor Valdez is 1.83m
Fabian Barthez is 1.81m
Ospina and Claudio bravo are also 1.83m tall

Height really is not a huge factor in determining how good a goalkeeper is

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta

I am not saying he is a world beater ,I am just saying his height has nothing to do with his ability as a goal goalkeeper

Alex Runarsson is 1.85m
Jordan Pickford is 1.85m
Iker casillas is 1.82m
Victor Valdez is 1.83m
Fabian Barthez is 1.81m

what was Emi's height?

Keplaz

And we sold Martinez to keep Leno :rofl: ANd this is who we replace him with.

This club is a lost cause.
Emi has played around 103 games at 28. This guy has played around the same at 25. If Emi hadn't had that purple patch last season we would have been disappointed because he's been here 10 years but it wouldn't have been the disaster it seems. Emi was second to Ospina not so long ago.

We've had some real dodgy second goalkeepers at this club before

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Alex Runarsson is 1.85m
Jordan Pickford is 1.85m
Iker casillas is 1.82m
Victor Valdez is 1.83m
Fabian Barthez is 1.81m

I wouldn’t say that height isn’t an important factor in selecting the right goal keeper. Manuel Neuer e.g. is 193cm and I think that helps a lot on crosses etc.

Also the list of goal keepers you note down isn’t all that impressive although there are some that are / were very good in there.

I personally prefer larger goal keepers as there is a certain physicality to the position much as it is with CBs and every cm height helps.

We will have to see how he does. In the end height isn’t the only deciding factor, but he is simply small and frail looking for a goal keeper. I would have preferred adding another 10cm to that height of his.

Keplaz

I was surprised at his size. He looks like a sixth former. And it's not just his height, my guy is scrawny. First thing to do is send him to the gym and put him on new diet. He might be a great shot stopper but you can't be that tiny in the Premier League. He has zero presence. The talent might be there but it will take time to draw it out. And many weights.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
It was a £15 net income, and if that's the difference that lets us sign Aouar/Partey then I'm happy.
Oh yes, because a midfielder will do you a lot of good when Leno is out injured and you have Iceland's #2 in your goal.

Why is Arsenal so desperate for 15 Million that it will shoot itself in the foot to reheel its boots? Aren't we owned by a fecking Billionaire!

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

Alex Runarsson is 1.85m
Jordan Pickford is 1.85m
Iker casillas is 1.82m
Victor Valdez is 1.83m
Fabian Barthez is 1.81m

I bet i could name alot more keepers that are better that are taller. It makes a difference. However there are a few that made it work either way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom