• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Song (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddy from Sweden

L'Equipe writes that Song is close to Man City and discussions will be held next week.

<a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.se/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lequipe.fr%2FFootball%2Fbreves2009%2F20090711_124219_a-song-interesse-m-city.html&sl=fr&tl=en&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.google.se/translate?u= ... v&ie=UTF-8</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

InWengerWeTrust

Re: Man City interested in Song

How reliable is L'Equipe.

Can't see this happening at all to be honest unless they offer silly money.

sammy89

One advantage of our youth policy is that the young Gunners are extremely grateful to Wenger for giving them the chance to play at the highest level, so this is a no-brainer really

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

They have got so many CMs. Why they want Song as well?

TomasCR

Established Member

Meh, give me a few mins and I'll write the same and if I actually care enough, I'll make up a few quotes to look it at least a little credibly.

BS obviously, City are interested in everything that has two legs and two hands.

Arsegum

I don't see Song as someone who will be turned by a mega-money contract, nor us needing to sell our only good CM/DM candidate right now. Unless a replacement is lined up, I don't see it happening.

Raider

Established Member

True Gooner said:
£25m or stfu.

Wish Wenger had this sort of mentality when teams come in for our players.

Song had a few good games towards the later part of last season when a few of the players legs were tiring.

Although I wouldn't say no to anything above 13m. Then again, I think the only thing this team needs is to be consistently together to finally realise something magical.

Also, were would he play?

Gareth Barry
Nigel de Jong
Elano
Kelvin Etuhu
Martin Petrov
Stephen Ireland
Vincent Kompany

Like to see Wengers take on this. Potentialy signing a mirror image of song in Matuidi for 3m, and seeing an out going Song for 10m more? I could see him agreeing to that.

Alfonso

Established Member

Well, Man City have 123 strikers and they are still interested in the likes of Samuel Etto/Tevez. They have an odd transfer policy, buy 5 players for each position and one is bound to be good.

Anyway, I am not usually concerned with transfer rumours of our own players from the usual sources like the Sun etc but when its L'Equipe I worry. Put it this way if L'Equipe stated we were going to resign Flamini many of you would believe it due to their reputation. They were the firs to break the Thierry Henry transfer 2 summers ago and I would say they have a 90% accuracy rate when it comes to this sort of thing.

Hope Song can resist the lure of the dollar.

qs

Established Member

I'd rather keep Song, unless we need the extra cash for a new midfielder but I think/hope we have enough there. And if we do need to raise cash then we should sell the likes of Diaby and Senderos to raise it rather than Song. So unless they make a very serious offer then they can **** off.

kamikaze80

Established Member

how can anyone here suggest we should sell song? if man city, a team with apparently unlimited funds, is in for song, perhaps thats a sign that the better CMs are not for sale.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

This is a truly strange rumour - I just can't see Song being for sale unless ManC are going to offer absurd money and, then, I don't see why they would.

TomasCR

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
how can anyone here suggest we should sell song? if man city, a team with apparently unlimited funds, is in for song, perhaps thats a sign that the better CMs are not for sale.
That's a good point actually. Surely City could do better if they actually wanted to sign a DM.

Song is ours anyway. He might be given his huge chance soon, would be a fool if he wanted to leave now.

athreya74

When was the last summer we didn't sell (or let go for free) a first team starter? Refresh my memory, it must be 2004.:(

After that I can think of

2005- Vieira
2006-Cole, Reyes, Pires
2007-TH14
2008-Hleb, Flamini

the dawn raids

Established Member

he absolutely can not go. we cant keep having players finally showing some sign of promise and consistency in the centre of the pitch and immediately lose them once theyve made that impact. we need a solid addition in CM, not lose our most promising partner for Cesc currently on our roster.

True Gooner said:
£25m or stfu.

i wouldnt even consider that. weve had a hard enough time finding one wenger wants to buy in a year and a half, now hed suddenly find two before august 31? and even then the two hed sign wouldnt be likely to be ready to be an impact from the first kick-off, which is what wed undoubtedly require. not for sale.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot

Oh no.....

They had so many so many MF.Why must sign Song for now

Weird...:?

Illusion

Established Member

I think the most plausible part of this rumour is the Matuidi in cheap, Song out for more theory. If Matuidi is of the same level or better than Song and he can be obtained for much less than the sale price of Song then it's almost hard to say no from a business perspective, especially considering the ANC.

the dawn raids

Established Member

like hell its hard; no. were still one short in the middle. buying one but selling one doesnt address that. in fact it weakens us with the inevitable adaptation period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom