• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Song (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenkbc2

Re: Alex Song linked to Barca

Bye, bye Song.

You're in good company with the likes of Cashley, Adepaymemore, Nasri and a certain Dutch Devil..

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Nah, I wouldn't bucket him with them lot. At least he had the decency to not demand a transfer to a domestic rival.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Don't know what happened there behind the scenes so I don't hold any grudges towards Song for leaving us.

Doesn't mean I wanted him to get sold but if he wanted to leave and Wenger thinks he can do without him, I won't complain.

dpt49

Established Member

The Arsenal exit revolving door had barely stopped spinning before we lose another starting eleven player.

What's going on?

Who's next?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Le Professeur said:
bingobob said:
HollandGooner said:
I dont understand our board members could someone please explain this? they dont want to move forward.
His contract was running down he wasnt gonna sign a new one and wanted to move. I think we have learnt our lesson in this regards and if he hadnt then the board and management are completely stupid. Thankfully they have and we have sanctioned this transfer.

Simples

Bollocks, he had 3 years to go.

Our board are a proper bunch of n00bs.
3 years this season. 2 years next season. Following season gone. Im sorry but contracts just dont go up like your age they go down and they go down just as quickly as your age goes up. If Arsène or whomever has tried to get a deal done and Song has shown no interest then we have another Nasri/Clichy/RVP/Walcott/Flamini scenario and we have learnt from that. Its not bollocks its cold hard facts and its the sign our club is slowly beginning to be run properly with leadership been taken with hard decisions being made. We can make the easy decision keep him and hope he signs and have this groundhog day summer all over again but we decided at an early stage he doesnt want to be here he wont sign his contract IS RUNNING DOWN get rid because unlike Nasri or RVP we wont get 20m for him in his final season.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

wengerboy said:
kofigunner said:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-agree-terms-with-barcelona-for-song
More or less done even on Arsenal.com(usually late with news) which probably means it's all done.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/
19 million Euros, they had to rub it in.
FC Barcelona has agreed a deal with Arsenal FC for the transfer of Alex Song to the Camp Nou. The fee is 19 million euros

The Cameroon international midfielder will sign for the next five seasons with a release clause of 80 million euros

On Monday he’ll have a medical and then join the rest of the squad for the official team presentation at the Gamper
We need to work on our release clauses!!

Agreed and if the player refuses the release clause that should be a warning sign.

Those release clauses are mandatory in Spain, they are actually very rarely met when a transfer happens.

Disappointed in Song, but at least he didn't move to a domestic rival, I guess.

Glovegun

Established Member

Players will have their heads turned if they hear of interest, it's only natural. I just wish we developed a bit of backbone and refuse to sell unless we really have to.

qs

Established Member

Big Poppa said:
Nah, I wouldn't bucket him with them lot. At least he had the decency to not demand a transfer to a domestic rival.

And he never went public with statements about us either. He was asked last week and said he was happy here and that Barca were a great side. For a player who was leaving that was restrained and respectful.

qs

Established Member

bingobob said:
3 years this season. 2 years next season. Following season gone. Im sorry but contracts just dont go up like your age they go down and they go down just as quickly as your age goes up.

Well we better sell Cazolra quick then because technically his contract is running down too.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

qs said:
bingobob said:
3 years this season. 2 years next season. Following season gone. Im sorry but contracts just dont go up like your age they go down and they go down just as quickly as your age goes up.

Well we better sell Cazolra quick then because technically his contract is running down too.

You've completely missed his point haven't you.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

qs said:
Big Poppa said:

And he never went public with statements about us either. He was asked last week and said he was happy here and that Barca were a great side. For a player who was leaving that was restrained and respectful.
[/quote]

Because he never wanted to leave (apparently).

Just read an article in the Mail (ok, I know) but it says that Song had wanted "desperately" to stay at the club but wanted an improved contract which it seems the club was not willing to offer. The same article says that management became disillusioned with his attitude and performances and as a result have sanctioned the sale. Thus I guess when the offer never came his management team started to sniff around.

I wish people would stop jumping to conclusions about players before they even know the facts surrounding the players situation.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2190662/Alex-Song-sold-lack-effort-pre-season.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eason.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

qs

Established Member

Penn_ said:
qs said:
bingobob said:

You've completely missed his point haven't you.

You don't understand sarcasm do you?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What was there to be sarcastic about, it wasn't clever or funny.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I predict Song will have a mare at Barca and move to Turkey or somewhere else equally uninspiring a la Hleb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom