• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Song (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

qs

Established Member
Re: Alex Song linked to Barca

So Wenger got pissed off because he wanted a raise on his £55k? This club really needs to join the real world.

ibby

Established Member

Why were Kos and Vermaelen allowed contract extensions but Song wasn't?

Paddy from Sweden

Some football players are spoiled c**ts. 55000k/w is, give or take, about what I earn in THREE years. Before tax. The reality check is for players not the club.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Think Song didn't get a payraise simply because he isn't that good. Think Wenger cut his losses and wants to bring in someone more reliable instead of Song who's good every 3rd/4th game, and complete crap if he isn't partnered with a top class Spaniard.

Paddy from Sweden said:
Some football players are spoiled c**ts. 55000k/w is, give or take, about what I earn in THREE years. Before tax. The reality check is for players not the club.

You're not amongst the top performers in the most popular sport in the world though.

Paddy from Sweden

@Dokaka

No I'm not but I show up at work everyday and don't go missing every now and then. ;-)

And in a way I think many of us do more valuable contribution to society everyday than say for example Song.

qs

Established Member

Paddy from Sweden said:

They're pretty much all spoilt c**ts. Thats the world we have to run the club in though.

Accomplished

Established Member

They're "spoilt ****s" because they can be. It's not a coincidence nearly all footballers are obsessed with cash, it's human nature.

Anyone who says they wouldn't maximise their earning potential if given the opportunity is lying. Footballers aren't some weird breed of anti human created to play football, they're ordinary people with a talent that allows them to earn massive amounts. They do exactly what everyone else would do in that situation.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Accomplished said:
They're "spoilt *****" because they can be. It's not a coincidence nearly all footballers are obsessed with cash, it's human nature.

Anyone who says they wouldn't maximise their earning potential if given the opportunity is lying. Footballers aren't some weird breed of anti human created to play football, they're ordinary people with a talent that allows them to earn massive amounts. They do exactly what everyone else would do in that situation.

Hardly.

Arteta and Fabregas both took paycuts, and I'd personally be more than happy to earn a rather low wage if it meant playing for West Ham.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

redwhiteAustrian said:
ibby said:
Why were Kos and Vermaelen allowed contract extensions but Song wasn't?

.....that makes me think there's something in the water regarding Song.
Same here.

It all comes down to Song himself, his adviser Darren Dein, and the board's stance toward them. Song's personal terms with Barca was probably done long ago. He surely can be unhappy with his 55K wages but that doesn't excuse his alleged behaviours in the training. Wenger doesn't tolerate that.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Dokaka said:
Accomplished said:
They're "spoilt *****" because they can be. It's not a coincidence nearly all footballers are obsessed with cash, it's human nature.

Hardly.

Arteta and Fabregas both took paycuts, and I'd personally be more than happy to earn a rather low wage if it meant playing for West Ham.

We all know you earn a low wage as it is :wink:

No, just kidding. I'm sure €20 a week is a lot of money in Denmark.

FinnGooner

Established Member

AAAAC5R5fKYAAAAAAYdVXw.jpg

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Just to make clear, we could have a fantastic team, if you check how many players have left us.

Song,Fabregas,Nasri,RVP, could you even imagine? with the addings of Cazorla?

dpt49

Established Member

HollandGooner said:
Just to make clear, we could have a fantastic team, if you check how many players have left us.

Song,Fabregas,Nasri,RVP, could you even imagine? with the addings of Cazorla?

Exactly, Song,Fabregas,Nasri,RVP, playing alongside Arteta and Cazorla would have been an ambitious move which might have meant some of the players that left might have stayed.

Successful clubs like Man u, Man City and Chelsea buy top quality players to go with the one's they already have.
The problem is the top quality players they buy normally are supplied by us.

fabo

6.51 / 10

We probably had no interest in adding those players if said players didn't leave.

Anzac

Established Member

Shouldn't this be locked now as he's joined them rather than just linked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom