• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Song

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Who cares though, this kid looked average. He may have shown potential in the French league but from what I have seen he is clumsy and cant pass.

justjoe

god i hope we dont loose out on another player this summer. i think song would be a wikid buy from what iv seen in preseason he made one mistake and hes young so he will learn and get better. hes got the size for the prem. he needs to come to arsenal.

Ricky_AFC

He'd be another 1 for the future and when Wenger wants to bring in one of those thats always good. Also as young as he is it would still be adding to our midfield numbers and that is something we need so much, even though we still need an experienced centre mid too.

asajoseph

Established Member
He wasn't at Borehamwood today - which, as far as I'm concerned, is an indication that we're not signing him.

Ratinho

Established Member
Nice one.

Song's brother, Cicinho?

And for those whining constantly about 'missing out' in every threwad, we'll be missing out on young players al the time, it's just that we aren't so obsessed when the season is running.

The reason we get hold of so many, is because of our great scouting network, and Wenger's knowledge of what he has to do to secure the future. Cheap fees, low wages, and if you take enough of the best on at this stage, you will unearth the Fabregas' of this world more often.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Ratinho said:
Nice one.

Song's brother, Cicinho?

And for those whining constantly about 'missing out' in every threwad, we'll be missing out on young players al the time, it's just that we aren't so obsessed when the season is running.

The reason we get hold of so many, is because of our great scouting network, and Wenger's knowledge of what he has to do to secure the future. Cheap fees, low wages, and if you take enough of the best on at this stage, you will unearth the Fabregas' of this world more often.
Aw got to take this route as we don't have the spending power of the Plastics. The plastic's just buy instant players they don't bother about the unknowns they have the dosh to buy anybody they want.

Legend#1

Established Member
We're not buying anyone else this summer, it's sorted.. time to get behind the kids.. (No Jacko)

Also:

Arsenal will take Alexandre Billong Song on loan this season, after the Cameroon international impressed on a pre-season tour of Austria with the Premiership club.

Song has been waiting to see where his future lies, after his club Bastia made it clear they favoured a permanent sale.

The Corsican club appear to have softened their stance however, with The Gunners rumoured to be paying €500,000 (£344,000) for a year's loan.

Manager Arsène Wenger will also have the option of making the player's stay permanent next summer, with a fee of around €4 million (£2.7m) for the versatile African.

Song,18, is the nephew of Rigobert, who played in The Premiership with the likes of West Ham and Liverpool.

Wenger will feel that he has bought the chance to take a proper extended look at the teenager, and will be keen to see if he can adapt to a midfield role or impress in central defence.

That's why it took so long.

Clarkey

Fergie can have him, Hoyte, Eboue and Lauren are more then capable. Unlike Chelski we can't accomodate everyone no matter how great they look in a preseason tournament.

Paddy from Sweden

That seem weird. Maybe it's just to get extra defensive cover just in case? Will AW go for another CMF next summer? Looks like it if this is just a loan deal and he doesn't wanna occupy one more midfield place in the team if a new CMF is brought in later on. Ah, who knows?! Just speculation.

Would seem more likely that we sign him and loan him back to Bastia.

FrankArsenal

Re: Song to sign a loan deal

sn196 said:
according to sky sports

That would be great news because we've also got the first option on him after this year. But I wonder if there's something wrong?
A) Has Wenger ever signed a youngster first on loan? ( I mean he bought Cesc, Glichy (even) Eboué right away)
B) Does that mean Wenger has less confidence in him?
C) Is Wenger signing him on loan because if he turns out to be crap, he saved himself 2M? Because signing a youngster is always a camble and I thought we were supposed to have loads of money? It's really generous from Wenger tos safe the club 2M but it does sound a bit strange, doesn't it?

What do you guys think? I just hope Song goes on and impressed and sign a longterm contract next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom