• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddy from Sweden

That seem weird. Maybe it's just to get extra defensive cover just in case? Will AW go for another CMF next summer? Looks like it if this is just a loan deal and he doesn't wanna occupy one more midfield place in the team if a new CMF is brought in later on. Ah, who knows?! Just speculation.

Would seem more likely that we sign him and loan him back to Bastia.

wongnow

This one year loan sounds more like an extended trial and additional cover for us. I'm satisfied with it though. And yes, let's hope for the best.

least we now have 4 centre midfielders

jesus though could he not just spend the 2.5 million and sign him

reallly now this ridiculous scrooge type behaviour with the cheque book is getting a bit out of control at this point

anyway season starts at Sunday so thats probabaly the last of any signings bar maybe Viera if he completes a medical so time to get the jersey and start the cheering. we're going to destroy Newcastle on Sunday

AxlGunners

We are not a club that likes to waste money. I think wenger believes there is potential in him but would like more time to make up his mind before signing him on a permanant deal. Hence the loan deal :wink:

KingReyes

Established Member
well said AxlGunners. Maybe Arsène isn't 100% convinced by him yet and a season with us on loan should be enough to sign him permanently or not.

wongnow

sleepwalker119 said:
least we now have 4 centre midfielders

jesus though could he not just spend the 2.5 million and sign him

reallly now this ridiculous scrooge type behaviour with the cheque book is getting a bit out of control at this point

anyway season starts at Sunday so thats probabaly the last of any signings bar maybe Viera if he completes a medical so time to get the jersey and start the cheering. we're going to destroy Newcastle on Sunday

This allows Arsenal more flexibility. Wenger will have one year to assess his performance. He's probably not satisfied about not getting a true quality player so he's buying time. I think it's a good move of his part. Even though 2.5mil doesn't sound like much by football standard it's 2.5 mil more should we decide to acquire someone else in the future.

justjoe

things are looking up for the weekend newcastle have a few players out including Shearer. if i was song tho i woul feel abit gutted i mean he played really well in preseason and only to get a loan move is abit of a downer, altho i think hes got what it takes to play for arsenal and in the prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom