• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aleksandr Golovin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC

He reminds me a bit of Keita actually (good energy, dribble, and tackle, with a solid all around game) @Trilly. I definitely wouldn't mind this as a project CM signing, he certainly has ability. It just remains to be seen if it can translate in a better league.

If it doesn't go through though, oh well, we still have Nwakali.

cannonade

Established Member

He reminds me a bit of Keita actually (good energy, dribble, and tackle, with a solid all around game) @Trilly. I definitely wouldn't mind this as a project CM signing, he certainly has ability. It just remains to be seen if it can translate in a better league.

Can see why Wenger might like him. Tight control, fast enough, head's always up, two footed. Seems like a quality signing.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Dont believe we would loan him back, nor that he would cost only 10mil.
But he does look talented as hell, and its obvious Boss would like him.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
All this nonsense is still based only on something somebody wrote on a Russian football community forum. It has as much validity as if I said Arsenal was on the verge of a shock move for Neymar. But, as I predicted, it just keeps getting picked up and spread around because it gets clicks. Even Arsenal's scout in Moscow has rubbished this rumor.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
All this nonsense is still based only on something somebody wrote on a Russian football community forum. It has as much validity as if I said Arsenal was on the verge of a shock move for Neymar. But, as I predicted, it just keeps getting picked up and spread around because it gets clicks. Even Arsenal's scout in Moscow has rubbished this rumor.

It probably is nonsense, but the original story was published in the sport.ru website's news section, not their community section which fans use to publish blogs.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It's like nobody even read your post. LOL. Sorry, not laughing at you but rather everyone else for getting suckered in.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
It's like nobody even read your post. LOL. Sorry, not laughing at you but rather everyone else for getting suckered in.

I doubt anyone got suckered in. Believing a random Reddit user isn't really any better than believing a random website. I know sports.ru from their constant linking us with Keisuke Honda back in the day, so they're not much cop, but saying it's just a blog isn't really accurate.

Anyhow, Golovin's agent has given a 'no comment' so he's milking the attention.

nick gould

I did not watch the full video but I am happy with what I have seen so far. He reminds me of Hleb, someone actually mentioned this earlier on. His dribbling is neat and tidy with very low risk of losing the ball just like the Hleb. Unlike Hleb, he seems more ready to take a shot from outside the area. I like him so far. Will make watching UEFA cup bearable.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I doubt anyone got suckered in. Believing a random Reddit user isn't really any better than believing a random website. I know sports.ru from their constant linking us with Keisuke Honda back in the day, so they're not much cop, but saying it's just a blog isn't really accurate.

Anyhow, Golovin's agent has given a 'no comment' so he's milking the attention.

So it's a newspaper? Television? Oddly enough, their Facebook page describes the site as a blog. And I clicked into about half a dozen links on their website's front page. All were attributed as "Блог" (Russian for "blog") and were written by people such as "Bag of Bones." I know some of the English outlets trying to generate clicks with this rumor have described it as a "Russian news outlet" or something like that, but it certainly doesn't appear to be. I can't find any original news generation. Just blogs, statistics, fantasy football and hockey, etc. Nothing from any journalists unless Bag of Bones has a degree from the J school at St. Petersburg State.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
The blogs are part of the site but not the whole site. There's news links on their front page. Dunno what you're so upset about.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The blogs are part of the site but not the whole site. There's news links on their front page. Dunno what you're so upset about.

The only news links on their front page are links to news from outside sources along the left-hand column. All the big links on the front page that they generated are blogs and are clearly labeled as such. And I'm not upset at all. I'm just trying to be accurate about the site from where this rumor generated. As the guy from Russia said, it's not formal news media, but a community blog. It's not so different from Arsenal Mania, actually, but with a broader focus.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
This guy, but don't know the reliability:

Judging from his Twitter feed, he seems to be some guy who retweets football rumors all day. He doesn't identify himself as a journalist (or anything else for that matter) and none of his tweets have links to anything he's written. But then I've noticed that in this strange world of social media, a lot of guys who are just bloggers or Twitter users label themselves (or get labeled) as journalists.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Judging from his Twitter feed, he seems to be some guy who retweets football rumors all day. He doesn't identify himself as a journalist (or anything else for that matter) and none of his tweets have links to anything he's written. But then I've noticed that in this strange world of social media, a lot of guys who are just bloggers or Twitter users label themselves (or get labeled) as journalists.
Yup, unfortunately social media has everyone thinking they're journalists. Everyone has an opinion on everything regardless how irrelevant it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom