• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aleksandr Golovin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Don't get me wrong, I rate this guy as a decent squad player if we do though. I'd say he'll be a decent squad member.

Ashybashy86

I like his movement, tidy player. If we sold Elneny and/or Wilshere, I'd be happy with him. Just not as one of our main signings.

neimad

Starts for Russia in the Confederations Cup opener.

Kickoff on ITV in 15mins, if anyone wants to keep tabs on him.

Seen about 30 - 35 mins of this game and even though the opposition weren't up to much I was very impressed by him. Nice burst of speed and a very tidy touch. Not afraid to get stuck in. He strikes me as a young Rosicky. Even likes a go from distance. Sign him up!

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
First time watching Golovin, who looks a tidy player and is playing well against Portugal at the moment. 1-0 Portugal at the 70 minute mark but Russia are putting on the pressure.

The idea that he's not ready for a move or that a club would seek to loan him to a Championship team look wide of the mark. He's got the game and he's ready.

Very adept with ball at feet, excellent movement and perception of space. Protects the ball with ease and has a fluid mastery of the body swerve to fend off opponents - like a young Rosicky as mentioned.

If I had to critique, hasn't yet demonstrated the decisive final ball and may be a little too much of a playmaker at this stage of his development; drops the ball off and then sits back to admire his work, rather than looking to run inbetween opponents or run beyond.

No problem in saying he would be a capable squad player though, he is very capable technically.

Russia's Confed Cup is at an end after defeat to Mexico.

However, Golovin has impressed me greatly across their three games. I like to form opinions across a reasonable timescale, but there are players who's abilities are immediate and undeniable; Golovin is amongst that cadre.

He has all the technique and is every inch an Arsenal player. Completely unhurried in possession, the deft touch, body-swerves, ability to play off both feet and willingness to drift across the midfield make him a difficult opponent for markers to handle.

Whether we hold an interest or not, who knows. Whether the reputed £10m fee is accurate, who knows. However, in a world where a Bernardo Silva costs £45m, a Lemar costs more, any other decent young player in a big league costs any amount, Aleksandr Golovin will be a very astute acquisition for whomever picks him up. He is streets ahead of anything else in a Russian shirt from a technical standpoint.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Watched all three games of him and actually have to disagree with @LoneGunner83.

He was a tidy enough player and always kept his head up which was a positive but there was a clear lack of killer instinct. He appeared too happy to pass responsibility in the vital zones in my opinion. Good sideways passer and nippy but is not the level we need and likely never will be.

neimad

Russia's Confed Cup is at an end after defeat to Mexico.

However, Golovin has impressed me greatly across their three games. I like to form opinions across a reasonable timescale, but there are players who's abilities are immediate and undeniable; Golovin is amongst that cadre.

He has all the technique and is every inch an Arsenal player. Completely unhurried in possession, the deft touch, body-swerves, ability to play off both feet and willingness to drift across the midfield make him a difficult opponent for markers to handle.

Whether we hold an interest or not, who knows. Whether the reputed £10m fee is accurate, who knows. However, in a world where a Bernardo Silva costs £45m, a Lemar costs more, any other decent young player in a big league costs any amount, Aleksandr Golovin will be a very astute acquisition for whomever picks him up. He is streets ahead of anything else in a Russian shirt from a technical standpoint.

He has something about him does this Golovin. Can play in numerous positions and is definitely the stand out player in an admittedly poor Russian team. If Wilshere was to go we'd do a lot worse than this fella especially for the amount as mentioned. I just wonder would we loan him back as he'd obviously like to play the year before the World Cup comes to his home country. Could be whats best for him as I think in a year we could get a much sought after player coming in to our squad.

BBF

Looks like a decent player from what I've seen. Not at the level required though.

He was a tidy enough player and always kept his head up which was a positive but there was a clear lack of killer instinct. He appeared too happy to pass responsibility in the vital zones in my opinion. Good sideways passer and nippy but is not the level we need and likely never will be.

Part of that harks back to my earlier post that he tends to sit back and admire his work, rather than pass and move decisively through an opponent. But equally, as the main creative presence in the team, it is something that can be a tactical consideration. I think he demonstrated the killer instinct with the set-up for the opening goal, which came directly from his burst and shuffle past the defender and putting a cross straight on Glushakov's head (which he somehow missed, before the ball eventually came through to Samedov).

I'd anticipate that playing in a team more on his creative level and with better movement would elevate Golovin's key abilities markedly. Russia are quite a staid team, but featuring alongside more explosive players who are better off the ball (and in a less conservative system) could do wonders.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Watched all three games of him and actually have to disagree with @LoneGunner83.

Agreed. He is a decent player but nowhere near good enough to start for us yet.

Our interest in him is not true but these are the kind of talents I wished we gamble on more often and loan them out after we sign them.

HBL

Established Member
Decent player, I’d like us to go with a 4321 formation. If we have two of him, Meyer and Wilshere as the back up cm’s I’d be delighted.

Newchange

For his age he showed alot of maturity on the ball, would be an astute replacement for jack without costing an arm and a leg

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Great freekick. Didn't really pay attention to the rest of his game.

If he's half as good as Arshavin, I'd take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom