• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Hleb

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Re: Hleb wants Arsenal return

Hes been ****, and i think he is past it no matter how good he was in the past.

Would be a huge gamble bringing him back. Its the last resort, but I would take him than noone in the next transfer window

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Raider said:
****K Pride.

For footballing reasons I'd take him back. He always looked so natural with the ball.. Fab would love it.
In that case, you've almost less of a leg to stand on than you have in wanting a traitor back.

dpt49

Established Member

Clrnc said:
Hes been ****, and i think he is past it no matter how good he was in the past.

Would be a huge gamble bringing him back. Its the last resort, but I would take him than noone in the next transfer window
If this was the scenario, then it will be the worst transfer window ever.
This surely won't even be considered

fabo

6.51 / 10

Best I could see Hleb doing is taking Rosicky's squad role.

Doubt he would improve our game much at this point, we definitely have more pressing needs like our lack of world class attackers, lack of genuine width and our full-backs' inability to add a whole lot to our attack despite spending half of every game in forward positions.

godfather

just a squad player at best if Wenger brings him back.
but anything more than 4-5m = good luck

mo50

Established Member

The last thing we need is another pass merchant in the front three, which is where he'll inevitably play. No goal threat, no creativity, nothing. I don't remember any of this unlocking defenses he used to do that is being discussed here. He was pretty on the eye, and had some good dribbling skills. That's it.

**** Hleb, there's no need for him here. Someone who can't hack it at Stuttgart and Birmingham shouldn't be considered at all.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan

I would offer to pay for his plane ticket to London to make this happen.

Exactly what we need and something that is so hard to find inthe current market. Some don't want him back because of his past and it's the return of the prodigal son. His time away will have made him appreciate the club so much more and would definetly make him an asset within the current sqaud.

The option of having him out wide would be amazing and he would assist Fabregas so much in unlocking defences. Would be a perfect option through the middle in times of need and i have no doubt Wenger could restore him as a top player.

Would also mean that Walcott could start the next step in his transition to striker next season and hopefully offer a similar threat as Hernandez and Manchester United.

It's a yes from me!

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This thread looks like a Hleb wishlist more than a transfer rumour. Nothing I've read or seen leads me to believe we've either made a move or shown any interest in taking him back unless I'm missing something.

outlaw_member

Established Member

Shue said:
In the past I posted the stats, the goals and assists per game, and both Rosicky and Nasri had better stats than Hleb. Have you forgotten already?

And no, I'm not finding them again, nor am I claiming anything about current stats.

Iniesta has weaker stats that VDV and Sneijder, but we all know he's better than them.

Hleb in his older days was a master operator between the defensive and midfield lines. That was his major strength, his ability to facilitate play in between the aforementioned lines. The other day, Liverpool had less than a feet between defence and midfield, but we had no-one who could function comfortably in such a congested area. The old Hleb was superb at it, always on the half turn so that he could receive the ball and he was excellent at releasing players from such a tight space. His combination play and understanding with Cesc and Eboue has yet to be matched by any of our current players. It amuses me that people point to Nasri's stats and claim that he is unequivocally better. Sometimes I wonder whether people are able comprehend the more subtle roles in football.

In saying that, Hleb is past it, and there's no reason why we should go back for him, unless he's willing to sit on the bench for most of the season.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Not this bloody topic again...... can some mod please do something about this topic? For the last time it's him who wants to return to us, not we who want him back. Someone make this topic only when there's some article saying that we want him back.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

outlaw_member said:
Shue said:
In the past I posted the stats, the goals and assists per game, and both Rosicky and Nasri had better stats than Hleb. Have you forgotten already?

And no, I'm not finding them again, nor am I claiming anything about current stats.
Hleb in his older days was a master operator between the defensive and midfield lines. That was his major strength, his ability to facilitate play in between the aforementioned lines. The other day, Liverpool had less than a feet between defence and midfield, but we had no-one who could function comfortably in such a congested area. The old Hleb was superb at it, always on the half turn so that he could receive the ball and he was excellent at releasing players from such a tight space. His combination play and understanding with Cesc and Eboue has yet to be matched by any of our current players. It amuses me that people point to Nasri's stats and claim that he is unequivocally better. Sometimes I wonder whether people are able comprehend the more subtle roles in football.
There are 2 kind of Hleb haters, one is those who look at stats and love Denilson, and criticise Hleb for what lack of goals etc and call him dribbly mcnoscore.

The 2nd would be those who loved him and rated him alot, but feels he betrayed us so refuse to acknowledge any of his efforts in the past and just keep saying he sucks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom