• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Hleb

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Hleb linked

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ne ... MHD=soccer

now this is a player that excites me. looked great last year against united when i saw stuggart outplay them at OT. immaculate touch and technique. very creative. i doubt it will happen, but its interesting that we are getting linked to creative midfielders like maniche, carrick e.t.c to replace vieira. rather than the powerhouses as would be expected. vieira leaving would mean changing our style of play i think, with these players suggesting the new style is geared towards conquering europe.

Mark

Established Member
He is a very promising player, but he doesn't seem interested (silly boy) and I can't really see it happening.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Very interesting Pat. Nice to see you analysing articles for us.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Hleb is a quality player and just the sort of creative midfielder we need to complete our team in my view. I would love him at Arsenal.....Wenger might as well kill two birds with one stone and sign Hildebrandt too.

calvinngai88

GoonerGurjit said:
Hleb is a quality player and just the sort of creative midfielder we need to complete our team in my view. I would love him at Arsenal.....Wenger might as well kill two birds with one stone and sign Hildebrandt too.

Can't see Hildebrandt coming to Arsenal. Wenger already have Almunia, Taylor and Stack(future) at his disposal. Hildebrandt will probably sign for Bayern after Kahn leaves/retires.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Didn't he recently sign a new contract with Stuttgart. The 'keeper that is.

Sammer

Established Member
Yesterday, they stated that same rumour on "DSF" (german Sports television), and they have pretty good sources.

Hleb is a great player and basically Stuttgarts mastermind. Patricks analysis of his style is 100% acurate - very skilled, creative and a great passer (perfect match for Reyes and Henry).

I doubt it will happen though as the BUNDESLIGA has started this weekend and none of the bigger clubs will sell their assets now.

(Except for Rosicky at Dortmund)

calvinngai88

Sammer said:
Yesterday, they stated that same rumour on "DSF" (german Sports television), and they have pretty good sources.

Hleb is a great player and basically Stuttgarts mastermind. Patricks analysis of his style is 100% acurate - very skilled, creative and a great passer (perfect match for Reyes and Henry).

I doubt it will happen though as the BUNDESLIGA has started this weekend and none of the bigger clubs will sell their assets now.

Since Carrick's deal is off, Flamini's transfer dangling mid-air, Vieira's future uncertain, Hleb's out of picture, will Arsenal step up their bids for Mascherano and Rosicky? But Rosicky ain't cheap though!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We never had a bid for Rosicy Calvin. Or did we. Not that I'm aware of.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Yeah, i wasn't aware of any alleged Arsenal interest in Rosicky.
Hleb would be a fantastic signing. I'm hoping this rumour is true.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
GoonerGurjit said:
Yeah, i wasn't aware of any alleged Arsenal interest in Rosicky.
Hleb would be a fantastic signing. I'm hoping this rumour is true.
Too bad he doesn't seem interested though. His loss.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Sammer said:

what do you mean? is rosicky available? if he is; get your checkbook out mr dein! rosicky is pure quality!

Sammer

Established Member
Rosicky is available, since Dortmund is in deep financial trouble as they did not even qualify for the UEFA cup this year.

His market value is about 10 million pounds, which is a fair price considering his quality and his age.

I agree with you, that Rosicky is pure class and definately a player fitting our concept well, but ......he is a pure attacking midfielder...which means, not a replacement for VIERA.

lewdikris

Established Member
For a pure attacking midfielder he works his balls off tracking back....

But I know what you mean.

Rosicky would be an amazing signing, but I can't quite see it.

calvinngai88

Nothing's impossible! Just like Reyes's transfer. After watching him one-handedly won 4-1 over Real Madrid for Sevilla, I was thinking, "Hope he would come Arsenal and help knock out Madrid in the CL". And well, now he is at Arsenal. Before that, I didn't even know that Wenger has tracked him for 4 years! Did Wenger track Rosicky too? No one knows. :wink:

asajoseph

Established Member
Sammer said:

The same DSF that plays sogenannte 'Sexy Sport Clips' late at night? Good sources? hmm.... not sure about that. :)

Anyway, I think Hleb would be a great signing, mainly because of his skill and creativity, but also because he is still not yet a big name player, so probably won't command such a high transfer fee.

I think Wenger is probably going to play Gilberto as our holding midfielder this season, and then have a creative player alongside him. Maybe Edu, but he'll be away with Brazil a lot, so we need a replacement.

Rosicky would be great, but the transfer fee will be inflated after the Euros, and besides, I'm beginning to feel more comfortable when Wenger buys players to nurture to his style of play, than big name players with established styles. Speaking of which, we've been linked with Valencia recently. Any chance of Aimar?

nosneb

aimar.. rosicky.. xabi.. mascherano.. carrick..
tats a whole lotta midfielders we've been linked with of late.. any 2 out of tat lot and i'd be ecstatic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom