Alexander Hleb

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by kel varnsen, Jun 27, 2005.

1. kel varnsen

kel varnsen New Member Trusted

the deal is done!

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?arti ... tball+Club

2. Jens1893

Jens1893 New Member

treat him well. alles gute, aleks!

3. Gurgen

Gurgen New Member Elite

Excellent signing. Looking forward to seeing him play.
    Btw, who said Arséne Wenger does his transfers in secret? :lol:

4. kazu

kazu New Member Elite

yeah! finally our first signing, and with taylor off to villa, will we see a 'world-class' keeper?!

5. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

i think we definitely need to bring in another keeper now.. someone to compete with Lehmann for #1.. (Aluminum isnt that keeper)...

glad we got ONE of the deals done... now we need another or 2

6. kin4ever

kin4ever New Member

;D New no.17?

7. sabret00the

sabret00the New Member Trusted

Nice bit of creativity there, he won't bring us goals, but he will bring us a mass amount of new style assists.

8. USArsenal

i guess we'll see when they "officially" unveil him with a shirt... as someone else posted, if it is blank, someone else is leaving (Pires?)... if he has a number, that means we're all good...

9. Gurgen

Gurgen New Member Elite

Pires scored 8 goals in two seasons at Marseille. Now he's scoring 15 a season. Players change.

10. Spike

Spike New Member Trusted

Alas, our first summer signing! :)

11. Spike

Spike New Member Trusted

*Atlast

12. OneProudGooner

OneProudGooner New Member

I'm not over the moon but I guess it's a signing.

13. clockwork orange

clockwork orange Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy" Elite

Great signing from what I've seen of him on ball control he is one of the best players in the world, furthermore he's capable of 20+ assists in a season. Stuttgart fans loved him, confident he'll make us love him too.

14. Pepe LeFrits

Pepe LeFrits New Member Elite

Seriously, what is with all those girating heads?

Good news about Hleb tho.

15. USArsenal

im not too disappointed with this one.. of course, he still has to pass his medical (which im not worried about) AND obtain his work permit (which i am more worried about)... i am REALLY interested to see what number he will get... should be 17, but others are available as well. what number was he at Stuttgart?

16. kel varnsen

kel varnsen New Member Trusted

they rock!

btw, hleb is world class. far better than swp, no matter what sabre says...

if you haven't seen him play, think aimar. that's the kind of player hleb is. superb close control and flies by defenders like they weren't there...

17. mood

mood New Member

He wore '10' in his last season and '15' before that.

The only good number available apart from 17 is Pennant's 21. If Robinho is signed, I can see Robinho getting that 21 as it is one of his prefered numbers.

Unless Hleb goes for number 5 or 6? yeah their for more defensive players but Baros wears 5 and Zinedine Zidane (similar position to Hleb) wears the no.5 with Real Madrid too.

18. USArsenal

he wont have TA's #6... that's a defender's number (possibly Senderos in the future?)

19. afrodizzy

afrodizzy New Member

I must admit I know very little about him however I trust Arséne's judgement. His eye for talent knows no rival. It wont be time before Hleb becomes another jewel, like all that arrived at Arsenal without the baggage of being labelled the best and flourished. Well done!

20. famous no 10

famous no 10 New Member Elite

Very , very, good player, and one that will fit straight in I'm sure...worth a good 1000 posts about him as well!