• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Hleb

Gurgen

Established Member
Excellent signing. Looking forward to seeing him play.
Btw, who said Arsène Wenger does his transfers in secret? :lol:

kazu

yeah! finally our first signing, and with taylor off to villa, will we see a 'world-class' keeper?!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think we definitely need to bring in another keeper now.. someone to compete with Lehmann for #1.. (Aluminum isnt that keeper)...

glad we got ONE of the deals done... now we need another or 2

sabret00the

Established Member
Nice bit of creativity there, he won't bring us goals, but he will bring us a mass amount of new style assists.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i guess we'll see when they "officially" unveil him with a shirt... as someone else posted, if it is blank, someone else is leaving (Pires?)... if he has a number, that means we're all good...

Gurgen

Established Member
Pires scored 8 goals in two seasons at Marseille. Now he's scoring 15 a season. Players change.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Great signing from what I've seen of him on ball control he is one of the best players in the world, furthermore he's capable of 20+ assists in a season. Stuttgart fans loved him, confident he'll make us love him too.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
im not too disappointed with this one.. of course, he still has to pass his medical (which im not worried about) AND obtain his work permit (which i am more worried about)... i am REALLY interested to see what number he will get... should be 17, but others are available as well. what number was he at Stuttgart?

kel varnsen

Established Member
kaids said:
Seriously, what is with all those girating heads?

Good news about Hleb tho.

they rock!

btw, hleb is world class. far better than swp, no matter what sabre says...

if you haven't seen him play, think aimar. that's the kind of player hleb is. superb close control and flies by defenders like they weren't there...

mood

He wore '10' in his last season and '15' before that.

The only good number available apart from 17 is Pennant's 21. If Robinho is signed, I can see Robinho getting that 21 as it is one of his prefered numbers.

Unless Hleb goes for number 5 or 6? yeah their for more defensive players but Baros wears 5 and Zinedine Zidane (similar position to Hleb) wears the no.5 with Real Madrid too.

afrodizzy

I must admit I know very little about him however I trust Arsène's judgement. His eye for talent knows no rival. It wont be time before Hleb becomes another jewel, like all that arrived at Arsenal without the baggage of being labelled the best and flourished. Well done!

famous no 10

Established Member
Very , very, good player, and one that will fit straight in I'm sure...worth a good 1000 posts about him as well!

Top Bottom