• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Hleb

Lukazan

Established Member
Heard great things about this Hleb guy, especially from a mate in Germany! 8) Glad we've finally signed someone, it will hopefully set the ball moving.

Seed

I havent had the chance to see much of Hleb play, but from what I've heard mainly on this site, it's making me look forward to seeing him play, now lets get robinho too :D

Unbeaten

Excellent signing. Finally! :)

Ok Wenger, go sign the Mexican goalie Sanchez! It's annoying the life of me that there's a world class goalie that we could pick up for peanutts infront our nose and we don't give any attention towards him!

n_henry

Fantastic. Glad to finally get a signing. Decent price too.

Can't wait to see the guy in action. :D

Feanor

Established Member
Have watched in Bundesliga a couple times and he's pretty awesome, can't wait to seem him play in an arsenal shirt! With the Robinho rumors and having watched all the Brazil games in the Confederations Cup, I can't wait for the season to start...of course I would say even if we hadn't signed anyone but that's not the point!

fuzz

excellent news. I just now hope he gets a work permit, after the trabelsi situation last it leaves me a little uneasy.

Army of Me

Established Member
the shaking heads are awful :p

ya, good news about Gleb (thats what they call him in Belarus, I dunno!) - now, when's the other star getting here??? ;D

Mark

Established Member
Very good signing, for a very decent price too if you ask me. £7mil for a player like that isn't something you see every day.

Glad we finally got a player. New players are always exciting. :D

Looking forward to seeing him play, though it'll be a while. :)

mood

fuzz said:
excellent news. I just now hope he gets a work permit, after the trabelsi situation last it leaves me a little uneasy.

It should be easy for him as he lived in Germany and is European himself.

Trabelsi's african, but I dont think the problem with Trabelsi was the work permit? I thought we couldn't agree on personal terms.

IBL

Established Member
Roughly same price as Edu, which is a good price considering that was over 5 years ago. He already has Champions league experience and is two footed so can fill in many positions. I havent seen him play much but am dying to see what he can do in an Arsenal shirt alongside our players....hope he can live up to all the promise and hype

MK5

I really can’t see the logic in spending so my time and money to sign somebody who only will give us what we already are best in the country and maybe even Europe at but now he’s here, Let’s hope he’s one of Arsène’s unpolished diamonds and that there are a defender and goalkeeper to come of the same calibre as Hleb as well.

SWP has proven himself in PL and would probably be a more reliable signing than Hleb but then again we got Hleb for a little bit more than 9 million pounds and he’s got experince of CL so I can see why AW went for him instead of SWP if he felt that he so badly needed another attacking player.

Legend#1

Established Member
MK5 said:
I really can’t see the logic in spending so my time and money to sign somebody who only will give us what we already are best in the country and maybe even Europe at but now he’s here, Let’s hope he’s one of Arsène’s unpolished diamonds and that there are a defender and goalkeeper to come of the same calibre as Hleb as well.

SWP has proven himself in PL and would probably be a more reliable signing than Hleb but then again we got Hleb for a little bit more than 9 million pounds and he’s got experince of CL so I can see why AW went for him instead of SWP if he felt that he so badly needed another attacking player.

Well.. he's an assist machine.

VERY creative dribbler with brilliant vision and passing skills.. something we have lacked away from home in Europe.. with Bergkamp missing.. we don't usually have a player thay had the capability to run at defenders and pick out passes.. that's what Hleb is.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
mood said:
fuzz said:

It should be easy for him as he lived in Germany and is European himself.

Trabelsi's african, but I dont think the problem with Trabelsi was the work permit? I thought we couldn't agree on personal terms.

he may have LIVED in Germany, but arent the UK rules slightly different? and he is Belarussian, not European.. Belarus is not in the EU (even though they play in the UEFA)... at least that is what I have heard... i could be wrong...

hujja

Established Member
Yes!!!

Alexander, welcome to Arsenal.

Now we just need one more world-class signing.

Swordy

If I remember correctly to obtain a work permit a player must of played 60% of his countries last 16 matches or be of considerable talent for his age... I think, going back to my CM days.

kel varnsen

Established Member
i think it is 75% in the last year or so, but this isn't an exact science. they do make exceptions in some cases.

Top Bottom