• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
So Auba cant even make a pass or receive a ball and control it. This black and white painting of team build up is crazy. You either great at or cant do anything. Auba has been one of the best strikers in the last decade in club football and his stats speaks for themselves. To reduce him to a player who cant contribute nothing to build up is an insult to him. The mistake you are making is you are trying to rationalize football in every step. There are more great flawed played players. Flawed doesnt mean non existent. Walcott for example when he was with was used to produce better stats than many overall more talented players. But he had couple of standout attributes that were game changers.
Yes, Auba is so bad on the ball compare to the talented creative players I have listed previously (or the other creative players I have not listed).

And also, walcott?:lol:
For example, we have 5 attackers against a block of 5 defenders.

With a limited goal scorer in the team (Auba), we will be one man down in the build up. We now have 4 creative plays against 5 defenders.

And with one more limited player in the team (Özil, who disappears in the build up most of the time, and only shows up when a final pass is needed), we are 3 v 5 in the build up.

And because of this, you are not able to create chances (quality-wise and quantity-wise). You are also more likely to lose possession to the opponent, because you have a numerical disadvantage. Now the opponent have more of the ball. You lost even more control and create even less chances. You can only play ugly defensive football now and hope for the counter attacks.

That was exactly the reason why we have declined so much. We lost so many talented creative players (Nasri, Fabregas, rosicky, Hleb, Arshavin, Van Persie, Cazorla, Sanchez....we have fewer and fewer of these players over the years) and replaced them with limited one-dimensional players.

You can bring up the individual player stats as much as you wanted. But these players make their team worse. The team stats are getting worse and worse because of them. We can’t have anymore of these one-dimensional players in our team.

neimad

I'd be all in for him from what I've seen at the Euros. Nice link-up play, quick feet, threat in the air and can hold up the ball well.

If it wasn't for a silly fee he'd be an intriguing option for sure.

neimad

Over time he’d justify the silly fee from what I’ve seen.

Perhaps. I'm very impressed with him. Some one mentioned him needing to bulk up but he's deceptively strong too. Shields the ball very well. Might not get you buck loads of goals but he'd link up so well with those around him.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
No.

Hate the signing of Auba from day 1. Give me my van persie back.

You dont have to HATE a signing just because you loved RVP.

I prefer RVP any day of the month, since he's been pretty close to Henry for 1-2 seasons, but I cannot ignore the numbers Auba has put in.

There's certainly no one in their right mind on AM who thinks he'd rather have Auba than RVP.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's good. Him and Dumfries have really impressed me at the euros as 2 players I hadn't heard of.

I feel.like we're invested in Martinelli and Balogun though.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Edouard, yes. Dembele another, Haaland would be the dream.
I don't see how those names would be anything like a Giroud with pace (basically Drogba imo) tbh. Either way we don't need a big target man up front to pluck balls out the sky, we play out from the back for a reason. Target men are a thing of the past.
Isak with his ability to recieve the between the lines, make a pass or turn and run at the defense is a much better fit for what Arteta wants from a 9. He also has the pace to join the attack after making that pass unlike like Laca for example.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I doubt we have much of a chance to sign him now after his perfomances at the euros anyways. Real Sociedad have just bought out his buy back clause from Dortmund so they'll be looking to recieve the full value of his release clause at €70m.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Isak is 6'4 and scored 17 in la Liga last year. Fast, great feet. I think he ticks all the boxes in terms of the type of CF Arteta would be looking for.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Watching swedish tv they were just talking about him and his interest from PL with us and chelsea looking at him. 70 million euros is about 60 million. Rather him than Maddison on that money

I'm at the point where I'd go totally nuts and maybe even push our big cash for transfer by selling both, Laca and Auba which dont excite me in our lineup no more anyways, hopefully still getting relatively big bucks for Auba + those big earners off the list, and we are talking 80m or so more on investment, that's a huge deal.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm at the point where I'd go totally nuts and maybe even push our big cash for transfer by selling both, Laca and Auba which dont excite me in our lineup no more anyways, hopefully still getting relatively big bucks for Auba + those big earners off the list, and we are talking 80m or so more on investment, that's a huge deal.
i wouldnt sell Auba and Laca....only one of them. we cant go a whole season with only isak and Balugon. Zero PL experience. Even werner struggled and chelsea had to use giroud and Abraham to give him time to settle.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
i wouldnt sell Auba and Laca....only one of them. we cant go a whole season with only isak and Balugon. Zero PL experience. Even werner struggled and chelsea had to use giroud and Abraham to give him time to settle.

I would buy another one, Isak+Edouard+Martinelli-Balogun, 2/4 will 100% do the step up and shine imo.

If you sell both, you can finance Edouard+Isak with just a bit on top.
Competition will get the best out of them.

You gotta get something back from your incestment, Auba and Laca might have a bad season, which seems to happen more than not, and after having them basically leave for free.

You should usually look, at least as a proper run club, to sell before you get nothing in return, if it isnt a Henry or RVP which play on another level.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Sell both and get Edouard, Gouiri.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I would buy another one, Isak+Edouard+Martinelli-Balogun, 2/4 will 100% do the step up and shine imo.

If you sell both, you can finance Edouard+Isak with just a bit on top.
Competition will get the best out of them.

You gotta get something back from your incestment, Auba and Laca might have a bad season, which seems to happen more than not, and after having them basically leave for free.

You should usually look, at least as a proper run club, to sell before you get nothing in return, if it isnt a Henry or RVP which play on another level.
You cant have 4 strikers who are 22 and under with no European football. There is no point of investing in so many young players and not give them playing time.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom