• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

This makes no sense. Schick and Isak are about the same level as players and they are only three years apart. Isak isn't leaving Sociedad to come off the bench elsewhere, either.
What so we can't have 2 new CF's that are different types of a CF? As far as I know we are letting Laca, Nketiah & Auba all going so gives us more of a reason to go & sign for both players. Isak is the quicker type player who will be more dangerous on the counter with the players like Saka & Martinelli. Schick is probably a better player in the air & more of our Laca type player who would probably be better at holding the ball up for our quick wingers to make forward runs.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Well Laca has scored like one goal all season yet he’s transformed our attack.

Tony is a pen taker like you mentioned, ridiculous in the air and his hold up play appears to be really good. Doesn’t get many goal scoring opportunities but also seems a good finisher once he gets in those positions.

I’m not going to lose any sleep if we don’t sign him but he looks an upgrade on Laca in every way tbh.
Yeah, I'm not going to war over Toney because there are legitimate concerns about his overall quality and goal-scoring this season. He's much, much better than his raw numbers suggest this year though. He's playing a completely different role in the team than he did last season for Brentford, playing deeper as a facilitator. I like his quality at holding up the ball, hustling, aerial ability etc. He's an underrated passer and you don't knock 30 in the Championship without being a goal scorer. His stats like Key Passes, tackles, pressures are all among the best in the league as well, playing for a Brentford side with little PL quality.

Not sure if he's an upgrade on Laca or not tbh, but he's 5 years younger and would be a good replacement if he leaves at the end of the season imo

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Yeah, I'm not going to war over Toney because there are legitimate concerns about his overall quality and goal-scoring this season. He's much, much better than his raw numbers suggest this year though. He's playing a completely different role in the team than he did last season for Brentford, playing deeper as a facilitator. I like his quality at holding up the ball, hustling, aerial ability etc. He's an underrated passer and you don't knock 30 in the Championship without being a goal scorer. His stats like Key Passes, tackles, pressures are all among the best in the league as well, playing for a Brentford side with little PL quality.

Not sure if he's an upgrade on Laca or not tbh, but he's 5 years younger and would be a good replacement if he leaves at the end of the season imo

Yeah he's not the name that some of the others may be but it'll be a gamble whichever of the strikers the club end up going for. I don't see any guarantees with any of them and after a lot of us, myself included, ate huge humble pie on Ramsdale, we can't really turn our nose up at whoever we end up signing.

FWIW I don't actually think we will go for Toney but I don't see him as being any better or worse an option than the likes of Isak, David, etc at this present moment.

Bloodbather

Established Member

What so we can't have 2 new CF's that are different types of a CF? As far as I know we are letting Laca, Nketiah & Auba all going so gives us more of a reason to go & sign for both players. Isak is the quicker type player who will be more dangerous on the counter with the players like Saka & Martinelli. Schick is probably a better player in the air & more of our Laca type player who would probably be better at holding the ball up for our quick wingers to make forward runs.
You have some serious reading comprehension issues if this is your response. The reason your post didn't make sense is not because it doesn't make sense for us, it's because it doesn't make sense for Isak.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yeah he's not the name that some of the others may be but it'll be a gamble whichever of the strikers the club end up going for. I don't see any guarantees with any of them and after a lot of us, myself included, ate huge humble pie on Ramsdale, we can't really turn our nose up at whoever we end up signing.

FWIW I don't actually think we will go for Toney but I don't see him as being any better or worse an option than the likes of Isak, David, etc at this present moment.
This is pretty much exactly how I see it as well. There is a big benefit to having a league experience and not having any risk of settling. I've got no idea really who the best striker option is but I wouldn't be disappointed with Toney.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is pretty much exactly how I see it as well. There is a big benefit to having a league experience and not having any risk of settling. I've got no idea really who the best striker option is but I wouldn't be disappointed with Toney.
It's just if the player has 3+ years in contract, one has to pay 20-30 million more than buying from other leagues which have less money than EPL.

So then we have to evaluate if the player is worth 20+ million more compared to others with similar or better stats in other leagues.

Legend14

Established Member
What I like about Isak is how comfortable he is drifting out to the left wing both dribbling at players on a counter attack or linking with his team mates in a slower build up situation. It would bode well for how Martinelli operates with his runs through the middle. I can picture excellent synergy between the two of them.

Biggest concern about Isak is his physical profile and ability to wrestle with PL CB's. I think his touch and his long limbs is more than good enough when playing with his back and the ball coming to his feet but sitting under high balls or anything about waste height I can see him being bullied by a lot PL CB's at least at this point of his career.
The Premier league will break this player in half. Who else are we looking at?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think he’s an upgrade just by being younger, more athletic and appearing to be able to do the same things.

Prime Lacazette was definitely a better shooter/finisher but I feel like Laca shoots once every three games these days so who even knows

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Enjoying this thread - learning about some strikers through balanced critique without the agendas - the best of AM

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
If we are comparing this guy to Vlahovic. I feel like Isak is a scorer of great goals while Vlahovic is a great goal scorer. I think Isak is the more elegant and graceful striker but Idk, there is something lacking about him. The stat about him only having 12 shots is scary. I need my shooter to be a shooter. Shoot on sight and ask questions later. Isak ain't a shooter. At least not yet.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

If we are comparing this guy to Vlahovic. I feel like Isak is a scorer of great goals while Vlahovic is a great goal scorer. I think Isak is the more elegant and graceful striker but Idk, there is something lacking about him. The stat about him only having 12 shots is scary. I need my shooter to be a shooter. Shoot on sight and ask questions later. Isak ain't a shooter. At least not yet.
I think it's Lacazette with 12 shots.

Top Bottom