• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We need to for the next level down imo, we need a goalscorer nothing more, could come from the conference for all i care.

AeNwT

Isak’s a 6’4 Lacazette more pace but I still think he misses that sitter like Laca against Burnley. I get it’s Vlahovic’s dream to go Juve but he’s perfect for our system. Isak’s still finding himself

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Don’t know why people are worrying about the money anyway. We’ve seen Arteta is being backed regardless. It’s not like this signing will take away funds from somewhere else. If it’s who they want let them bring him in and get on with it. We all thought we were getting good value with Partey and he has been ****.

Malky

Established Member
This guy just isn't it. If we want to go down this route I'd rather we just take the chance on Martinelli as our CF and spend the money in midfield. Isak isn't worth anywhere near what his release clause is, and why would Sociedad accept a much lower option?

Tom349

Why would this be held up due to an agent if the player and club are happy with the terms?

Because there is 7 days left in the transfer window and someone is going to have to blink first. If it's Arsenal they probably stand to gain an extra 5-10m out of the deal.

Most January deals don't happen until the final couple of days, the exception being release clauses being activated or failed summer dealings that carry into the January window like Coutinho and VVD.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Nowhere near worth the investment at this stage. Needs at least a couple of consecutive high scoring seasons before he's worth the reported €90m. Rather have Laca not scoring for us than pay bags of money and have Isak not scoring for us.

Really hope he comes good eventually though
Nicely put, he's a great talent and would have been worthwhile at £40m last summer but he hasn't pushed on like Vlahovic so you're talking about a massive gamble at the reported RC.

If he puts his game together he could be a very good player though. Fast, skillful, big (maybe lanky rather than dominant though). He's not the answer in this window, so not worth over paying for at this stage.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Nicely put, he's a great talent and would have been worthwhile at £40m last summer but he hasn't pushed on like Vlahovic so you're talking about a massive gamble at the reported RC.

If he puts his game together he could be a very good player though. Fast, skillful, big (maybe lanky rather than dominant though). He's not the answer in this window, so not worth over paying for at this stage.

Has he really not pushed on though, or has the team regressed from an attacking standpoint? They’ve only scored 22 goals in 21 games.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Whoever we sign is bound to feel a repeat of the Laca-Auba situation...

Either through sheer necessity of signing two strikers, but coming here for big money and then seeing another big money incoming likely happening is just not the best outcome for club and player.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If this is the guy next on their list then it would make sense to go for him now rather than in the summer. Gives him a good 6 months to adjust.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I really like what Isak brings to the table, but his numbers have to improve to be worth paying the big bucks. His release clause is far too high, he's worth 40-45 million at most.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Has he really not pushed on though, or has the team regressed from an attacking standpoint? They’ve only scored 22 goals in 21 games.
As a team they've regressed over the board on attacking stats; xG, xA, key passes. Almost identical when it comes to shots and shots on target though.

Oyarzabal, Januzaj and Portu have been the most regular wingers for them these two seasons have similar underlying stats (if we combine the three, they differ individually on xG and xA). It's not a straight line to draw of course, even a bit of reaching maybe, but to me it indicates that Isak has actually regressed and is the culprit of the team performing worse.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Interesting. This is what I've been wondering and sort of asking anyone who's watched them really to give some insight on why he's not scoring?

Would be good to understand if he's just not getting the chances, or not putting them away or a bit of both.

Sort of feels a bit like Toney to me - we know he's good and has qualities that would improve our team, but if he's not scoring goals then he's still a massive risk for the fee

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That's nothing in the current market. Have to adjust for the market to keep it realistic.
If he was 26 no one would care for. His whole value is based on young players get better every year which is not true at all. As of today he would get in the top 10 pl teams. He is not better striker than Jimenez, Watkins, Richardlson, Antonio, vardy, Daka etc etc

Top Bottom