• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You like Dusan more though, no? You called Isak soft last week.

I’d prefer Vlahovic because he seems to have a mean streak/****ishness. But yeah, he’s a big risk at the price. Any young striker we sign will be.

Majora

Perhaps others are the same, but I feel like whoever we end up signing is going to flop. There’s not really a good safe option and while the Summer was a step in the right direction target-wise, I’m still not fully confident with Arsenal’s transfer business. Hopefully just a bad feeling

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I am very underwhelmed in general by the CF market, I don't really like any of them seriously.
Same, I'd prefer to go the wide forward route but Mikel has no time for that. Doesn't help that our best players are wide players who aren't wide forwards so seems like we're stuck here.

The price tag is making me sick but seems like it is what it is at this point. If we had an average CF I'd say we should just hold on for a few windows but we've found ourselves in the position where our best available striker can't even score a goal.

Knowing our luck we'll overpay massively for Isak/Dusan and then in the next couple years the CF market will boom.:lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Without penalties Vlahovic has 27 goals and Isak has 20 goals.
Hmm and I'd equate 20 la liga goals to 27 serie A goals.

It's a proper toss up between the two, both signings make me nervous, but one of them doesn't rate us in the slightest so the decision has been made for us I guess? Honestly at the figures being banded about I'd rather just make do with Ivan Toney for a season or two.:lol:

AeNwT

This guy just isn't it. If we want to go down this route I'd rather we just take the chance on Martinelli as our CF and spend the money in midfield. Isak isn't worth anywhere near what his release clause is, and why would Sociedad accept a much lower option?
They would accept lower. The release clause is in case he performs. If a club wants him 90mil if not 50 max & that’s a stretch on current form

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Same, I'd prefer to go the wide forward route but Mikel has no time for that. Doesn't help that our best players are wide players who aren't wide forwards so seems like we're stuck here.

The price tag is making me sick but seems like it is what it is at this point. If we had an average CF I'd say we should just hold on for a few windows but we've found ourselves in the position where our best available striker can't even score a goal.

Knowing our luck we'll overpay massively for Isak/Dusan and then in the next couple years the CF market will boom.:lol:
I think we have enough promising CFs in-house that we really don't have to worry about the future CF market personally, but it depends on exactly what Arteta is looking for.

Pyres7

This is not happening. No club in Europe will pay his RC and Sociedad are under no pressure whatsoever to sell. They're not in a position where they have no choice but have the willingness to negotiate a lower fee
Yep, just seen that his contract ends in 2026. Sociedad are sitting comfy.

Not happening unless Edu does his Partey speciality - pay his release clause on the deadline day 11th hour, then go on a two month celebratory holiday.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Just play Pepe up top ffs.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
@Sebastes do you perhaps still have your wagon wheel analysis on Isak vs Vlahovic vs DCL vs Abraham vs Lacazette I think?

Would be great if you still do an are able to share with us :)

Top Bottom