• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There’s no point talking about age it’s all about how far into their development players are. Balogun hasn’t even begun yet, while Isak has done very well with much longer time in the first team of clubs.

We’re yet to see Balogun shine, let’s see what he can do.
You could say that about any of our reserve team players. They could all be potentially great players. we just havent seen them. But our coaches and manager has seen them and didnt think they could add anything to our first team. If isak was at arsenal last season he wouldnt be 5th choice striker

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You could say that about any of our reserve team players. They could all be potentially great players. we just havent seen them. But our coaches and manager has seen them and didnt think they could add anything to our first team. If isak was at arsenal last season he wouldnt be 5th choice striker

Balogun will be fantastic for us or elsewhere.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You could say that about any of our reserve team players. If isak was at arsenal last season he wouldnt be 5th choice striker
So you’re saying no players who are younger or newer than current good players end up matching them or improving on them ?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

So you’re saying no players who are younger or newer than current good players end up matching them or improving on them ?
No...Im talking about balugon....nothing from his youth stats indicates he will be top class. But he still could be. We have been here before though with nketiah, akpom, mavidi, JET etc etc. Special talents usually show their class early like saka, greenwood, Martinelli etc etc

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No...Im talking about balugon....nothing from his youth stats indicates he will be top class. But he still could be. We have been here before though with nketiah, akpom, mavidi, JET etc etc. Special talents usually show their class early like saka, greenwood, Martinelli etc etc
I think the hype over Balogun is defo bigger than most of the strikers we’ve had in our youth system.

But yeh let’s see what happens. I would be disappointed if he doesn’t work out here considering we are missing out on Edouard who would fit us to a tee.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

They show their class early when they're given the opportunity. Balogun hasn't been given a chance. When he was given a chance in the EL he scored.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think the hype over Balogun is defo bigger than most of the strikers we’ve had in our youth system.

But yeh let’s see what happens. I would be disappointed if he doesn’t work out here considering we are missing out on Edouard who would fit us to a tee.
I really dont think he has bigger hype than nketiah who was far more impressive as youngster. Balugon this season got hype because we are more desperate than ever. But nketiah stats are clearly better in their younger days. Even now for the reserve league there are several younger strikers who outscored him

Rattata

I really dont think he has bigger hype than nketiah who was far more impressive as youngster. Balugon this season got hype because we are more desperate than ever. But nketiah stats are clearly better in their younger days. Even now for the reserve league there are several younger strikers who outscored him
The days were strikers are sorely judged on goals are long over. Watch some highlights of Balogun for the U21 and then do the same for Nketiah. Balogun is much more comfortable on the ball and can pick out a pass. He also scores goals from outside the box and creates his own chances. Nketiah on the other hand is quite limited besides scoring goals from inside the penalty box.

Also our U21 attack had more quality back when Nketiah played compared to now.
I mean having ESR, Nelson and Saka behind you is pretty sweet for a striker on U21 level.

Gn1212

They hype around Balogun isn't because he is a great goalscorer. Of course he cans score goals but he can carry the ball, pass it well, etc.
He can create stuff on his own which is a great trait.

Jae

Can't say I know a lot about him or have seen him play much; but he terrorised that Spanish defense tonight.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Nah. I think it was JET. His hype was bigger.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
So we should abandon the Balogun and Martinelli plan and just spend big on this guy in this window even though we have more important positions to sort out?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Why don't we wait and see if Balogun can score some goals in the Championship first, before installing him as our next Centre Forward in waiting? Comparing him to Isak at this stage is ridiculous. We have two older strikers now. If one goes then bringing in a proven young alternative makes a lot of sense... Although I think there is a lot stacked against us on Isak anyway. More likely that Laca stays for another year at least.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Looked good yesterday vs Spain. If only Berg scored after that Isak pass
What a pass it was as well. He dribbles a bit like Pepe at times, slightly chaotic player but looks to have huge potential with his physique, speed and dribbling

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
:lol:

Wrighty sums it up perfectly.

Compilations of forwards are interesting. I am not sold on him. I don't see elite ball striking in him, something I want in a 50 million pound forward.

They also highlight the players best moment and show replays in order to lengthen the vid. I watched the match, there were many moments he didn't hold the ball up, or it bounced off him, times he needed to he much stronger and then you have to factor that he wasn't playing as a lone forward. He has some interesting qualities, but not enough to drop that kind of money on.

I get that Balogun is hyped up, but I think the eye test with him is why people are excited and want to see what he can do. For example, physically he looks like a man. He is kind of Saka like in that he looks dense and tends to keep low. He doesn't get bounced around like Eddie. You can see that he is happy back to goal. The movement is there. He constantly makes runs off the ball. The shot power is there. We have seen link up play. I've seen little bits like when he came on at City, received turned, drove forward and set up Pepe. Or when he came on for 2 mins vs Slavia Prague, took a ball on his chest, shielded it from a throw in, laid it off and spun. Those small things give hope. We need to see what he can do and if he can hit the level of ESR or Saka.

AeNwT

Balugon over Isak loool. Our fans overrate our youngsters it’s laughable

Posting on this forum’s a little tedious when out of everything I wrote that’s all you take away from it. Balogun would be better at Arsenal in my opinion. He’s scores goals that Isak doesn’t even have the technique to consider.

I don’t dislike Isak I just know he’d be a dry spell away from being labelled the new Sanogo at Arsenal with the way this fan base is.

Also my analysis is spot on again. If you actually watched the Sweden game everything I said came true. In the final third he’s not clinical enough needs to sort his positioning, feet & technique out. Didn’t even get his shot on target from maybe three meters out. As I said he needs experience. We saw two good passes & one good intricate piece of play from Isak but I'm over hyping Balogun ?

This isn’t the first time I’ve posted about a player and been spot on on here before he’s played a game.

I’m building a football database so I trust my analysis if Balogun had as much exposure to first team football as Isak & was Swedish he'd be at the Euros

Last edited:

AeNwT

Compilations of forwards are interesting. I am not sold on him. I don't see elite ball striking in him, something I want in a 50 million pound forward.

They also highlight the players best moment and show replays in order to lengthen the vid. I watched the match, there were many moments he didn't hold the ball up, or it bounced off him, times he needed to he much stronger and then you have to factor that he wasn't playing as a lone forward. He has some interesting qualities, but not enough to drop that kind of money on.

I get that Balogun is hyped up, but I think the eye test with him is why people are excited and want to see what he can do. For example, physically he looks like a man. He is kind of Saka like in that he looks dense and tends to keep low. He doesn't get bounced around like Eddie. You can see that he is happy back to goal. The movement is there. He constantly makes runs off the ball. The shot power is there. We have seen link up play. I've seen little bits like when he came on at City, received turned, drove forward and set up Pepe. Or when he came on for 2 mins vs Slavia Prague, took a ball on his chest, shielded it from a throw in, laid it off and spun. Those small things give hope. We need to see what he can do and if he can hit the level of ESR or Saka.
Couldn't agree more. Balogun is so direct runs in behind, does the things you want a striker to do. Isak is very over hyped & lacks elite quality in the final third. He's not worth 60 mil at present

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom