• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why not? He scored 17 non penalty league goals last season for a top 6 La liga side at 21. Just a goal short of Suarez and he's done it while having excellent general play dropping deep and linking play.
I've watched him regularly for La Real, we won't be able to sign a better u23 striker not named Haaland than this guy imo.
Perhaps I'm too negative. I also watched him for Real Sociedad when Ødegaard was there. I'm not convinced he has what it takes to play as a lone striker in the premier league.

However, my biggest concern is really that we need to address midfield and right back positions. Will there be funds for all of this... not to mention this cb signing thing....

It's difficult to assess what we're doing right now. We seem to be linked with practically every position bar left back.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
That's what I was thinking too. Haaland is a freak of nature, we have absolutely no chance of signing him.

If you get this guy for at least half the money, I would say it's pretty nice deal. I haven't watched him much tho

He has scored a lot, but if one counts his total points per minute, he is at a point per 124 minutes in a top 2 league. Laca & Auba have been about a point per 120 minutes throughout their time here, except Auba's first 6 months, or a year or so I think, where he was unstoppable.
He's good but i wouldn't pay the full release clause for him in the state we are in if it came down it.
Are you talking about goals and assist?

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Perhaps I'm too negative. I also watched him for Real Sociedad when Ødegaard was there. I'm not convinced he has what it takes to play as a lone striker in the premier league.

However, my biggest concern is really that we need to address midfield and right back positions. Will there be funds for all of this... not to mention this cb signing thing....

It's difficult to assess what we're doing right now. We seem to be linked with practically every position bar left back.
He's improved a lot since his first season. Much stronger and consistent although there's definitely still room for improvement. I think he'd fit perfect in a team like ours where the game is built up from the back. He's not a good target man if that's what people will expect from him because of his height.

I see your point. He'd be a great replacement for Laca if he moves on this summer though.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He's good but i wouldn't pay the full release clause for him in the state we are in if it came down it.
Are you talking about goals and assist?
Yeah its seems he had 17 goals and two assists. I know in football assists are not taken very seriously, but I think they tell something also, but understand why not.

It's a bit like 2nd assists or +/- rating in ice hockey, can be misleading, but in the long run can also tell things.

Goals per minute is very good for him. Yeah I wouldn't pay 60 million either, but something like 30-40 million would be pretty nice.

Last edited:

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Isak is a bit of a slow burner as a striker. Think he has the potential to really explode, we should be all over this if there's any truth in the rumours.

Has all the attributes already in terms of his hold up and a solid goals per game ratio

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

That's what I was thinking too. Haaland is a freak of nature, we have absolutely no chance of signing him.

If you get this guy for at least half the money, I would say it's pretty nice deal. I haven't watched him much though, so good to hear more confirmation.

He has scored a lot, but if one counts his total points per minute, he is at a point per 124 minutes in a top 2 league. Laca & Auba have been about a point per 120 minutes throughout their time here, except Auba's first 6 months, or a year or so I think, where he was unstoppable.
He would 100% need a season to adapt and maybe even put on a couple of extra lbs of muscle (but that can admittedly **** things up as well).

When it comes to scoring though, Auba and Laca had a point every 361st and 197th minute respectively at the same age. The bulk of Laca's points where assists and not goals.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He would 100% need a season to adapt and maybe even put on a couple of extra lbs of muscle (but that can admittedly **** things up as well).

When it comes to scoring though, Auba and Laca had a point every 361st and 197th minute respectively at the same age. The bulk of Laca's points where assists and not goals.
Laca played as a winger, like Auba earlier in career.

But yeah he can't be trusted as a starter straightaway. We do have Auba at least though, but I don't like his combination play/hold-up play much against busses.

AeNwT

I know football culture these days will have him hyped as a wonder kid. In reality he needs to improve in many areas to be a standard above what we already have.

He’s decent for a young player. Not quite clinical enough for me in the final third from passing to finishing to technique.

Price & potential I would personally take Balogun over Isak. I’ve watched (Isak) play numerous times and he’s one of those frustrating types. You can see the thought process but his touch at this moment let’s him down too often or he trips or chooses the wrong technique. Sometimes I want him to keep it simple & other times I wana see what makes him so hyped. He strikes me as a good athlete first.

I think what’s missing is experience but at his best I don’t see him as a 30 goal a season striker. Still a good player in there

I hope to see more goals from him at these Euros. The striker market isn’t amazing, Marcus Thuram, Andre Silva 🤷🏿‍♂️ I expect Arsenal to still unearth hidden gems.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I know football culture these days will have him hyped as a wonder kid. In reality he needs to improve in many areas to be a standard above what we already have.

He’s decent for a young player. Not quite clinical enough for me in the final third from passing to finishing to technique.

Price & potential I would personally take Balogun over Isak. I’ve watched (Isak) play numerous times and he’s one of those frustrating types. You can see the thought process but his touch at this moment let’s him down too often or he trips or chooses the wrong technique. Sometimes I want him to keep it simple & other times I wana see what makes him so hyped. He strikes me as a good athlete first.

I think what’s missing is experience but at his best I don’t see him as a 30 goal a season striker. Still a good player in there

I hope to see more goals from him at these Euros. The striker market isn’t amazing, Marcus Thuram, Andre Silva 🤷🏿‍♂️ I expect Arsenal to still unearth hidden gems.
I'm seeing him taking the piss out of Spain's defense as I'm writing this and Eddie would never do that, so he's already a huge upgrade if we end up getting him.

Wozman85

Any chance we had, if we had any at all, of signing him has gone out the window after tonight 😅. Lots of clubs will be sniffing around him like vultures circling carrion.

For what it's worth, i really like the look of him. Lovely quick feet, quite pacey, strong, direct and a good passer of the ball.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
All talks about Isak is great but first we have to get rid of laca who until now there is no links about him leaving

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Balugon over Isak loool. Our fans overrate our youngsters it’s laughable

D

Dial Square 1886

Not high on our priorities LOL!!

Who is then FFS...

Wasting our time with dross again no doubt. Always the same.

We literally need this guy (a.k.a. young and potentially world class striker) and a creative mid.

Right back would also be nice, but much easier to fix.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Hale end merchants
Balugon is 2 years younger. But they average the same amount of goals last season. Isak in la liga 17 in 34. Balugon in the reserves 9 in 18. When isak was Balugon age he had 13 goals and 6 assists in 16 games in Eredivisie for one of the smaller teams in Willem II. I am little biased tbh as Isak is from same country as me and I followed him since he made his debut for AIK. But he is clearly levels above as talent and potentially a world class striker

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Balugon is 2 years younger. But they average the same amount of goals last season. Isak in la liga 17 in 34. Balugon in the reserves 9 in 18. When isak was Balugon age he had 13 goals and 6 assists in 16 games in Eredivisie for one of the smaller teams in Willem II. I am little biased tbh as Isak is from same country as me and I followed him since he made his debut for AIK. But he is clearly levels above as talent and potentially a world class striker
There’s no point talking about age it’s all about how far into their development players are. Balogun hasn’t even begun yet, while Isak has done very well with much longer time in the first team of clubs.

We’re yet to see Balogun shine, let’s see what he can do.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom