• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I agree and disagree. The two times he managed to get into the final third yesterday he was incredibly unlucky not to score and he made an absolutely incredible assist.

Hes going to be an elite striker. There's no doubt about it, the consistency in finishing will come. But all the while he's getting chances that is a brilliant sign.

Hes in an elite category of forward who have elite pace, height, dribbling ability and he scores goals.
Isak is quality, indeed.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Thank you 🙄 I don’t see how people don’t see it. I’m not against him but I can’t ignore what I see.

He also plays for Real Sociedad who aren’t a poor team. In fact several of their players are verry similar to ours.

He does look a bit like those, but that just because he's tall and lean just as well.

Isak seems to have waaaaay better technique and dribbling.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
So is Patrick Bamford 🤷🏿‍♂️ Weghorst is up there as well. Morata would be up there in his break out season. I’m just pointing out facts.
Bamford is not a bad player, Weghorst is 28 and in his best season he only managed to score 1 more npg than Isak in a worse league.
Morata has never scored more than 14 goals in a league campaign, not sure i'd call it 'up there'.

You're comparing a 21 year old to three players in their prime that are either scoring at a worse rate or they're doing it in a worse league, what's the point?

17 npg in La liga are elite numbers for an u23 striker and just below elite for La liga strikers, now that's facts.

He wasn't unlucky. He scuffed his shot, recovered and then he shot wide. The deflection took it towards goal.

I said the above on Sunday, Ian Wright basically said the same “he plays like he has sandals” on yesterday.

I know what I’m talking about. I also won £££ as upon seeing Scotland’s back line I bet on a Schick to score first bet as I’ve previously scouted him.

Isak will look even better against weaker teams & I expect a couple goals & an assist but I don’t see his elite striking ability. He’s a good athlete dribbler at this moment. I like Isak I just don’t love him 🤷🏿‍♂️

just to wind everyone up Balogun’s way more intelligent and direct 🙂
That twitter account is not actually Ian Wright...:facepalm:

Last edited:
D

Dial Square 1886

He wasn't unlucky. He scuffed his shot, recovered and then he shot wide. The deflection took it towards goal.

I said the above on Sunday, Ian Wright basically said the same “he plays like he has sandals” on yesterday.

I know what I’m talking about. I also won £££ as upon seeing Scotland’s back line I bet on a Schick to score first bet as I’ve previously scouted him.

Isak will look even better against weaker teams & I expect a couple goals & an assist but I don’t see his elite striking ability. He’s a good athlete dribbler at this moment. I like Isak I just don’t love him 🤷🏿‍♂️

just to wind everyone up Balogun’s way more intelligent and direct 🙂

You for real, or on the troll?

Pretentious much...

AeNwT

Why do you have to lie ? He said this on the ringer. I know technology has some of you stomped but the person who posted this just took his statement & put it above the video ffs 🙄😁

AeNwT

Bamford is not a bad player, Weghorst is 28 and in his best season he only managed to score 1 more npg than Isak in a worse league.
Morata has never scored more than 14 goals in a league campaign, not sure i'd call it 'up there'.

You're comparing a 21 year old to three players in their prime that are either scoring at a worse rate or they're doing it in a worse league, what's the point?

17 npg in La liga are elite numbers for an u23 striker and just below elite for La liga strikers, now that's facts.

My point is you’re posting an elite list of players who aren’t actually elite & Isak still isn’t on it.

He stands out with his goals per game & low age but that doesn’t make him elite. That makes him an anomaly. There’s a huge difference.

He’s also playing in a pretty good team. If you’d actually watched him you wouldn’t use numbers to back him up. You’d talk about the intricacies of his game.

Morata put up elite minutes per goal ratio… is he elite ? Just because it’s the top ten doesn’t mean it’s impressive. The quality of strikers in Europe is pretty poor at present.

For me the thing about being elite is that the standard doesn’t change. Some of those are just the best of a bad bunch

Last edited:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
My point is you’re posting an elite list of players who aren’t actually elite & Isak still isn’t on it.

He stands out with his goals per game & low age but that doesn’t make him elite. That makes him an anomaly. There’s a huge difference.

He’s also playing in a pretty good team. If you’d actually watched him you wouldn’t use numbers to back him up. You’d talk about the intricacies of his game.

Morata put up elite minutes per goal ratio… is he elite ? Just because it’s the top ten doesn’t mean it’s impressive. The quality of strikers in Europe is pretty poor at present.

For me the thing about being elite is that the standard doesn’t change. Some of those are just the best of a bad bunch
We are talking elite in relative terms. There's no point in comparing to different eras. Good luck finding a striker if you're going turn down every striker that's not Henry/RVP level.

I haven't mentioned his goals/game or minutes numbers, only his absolute numbers. He scored 13 goals in 16 apps for Willem in the dutch league, 9 goals in 14 starts in his first season in La liga and then 17 in 34 apps last season. It's still early in his career but that's a pretty consistent "anomaly" if you ask me.
Why do you have to lie ? He said this on the ringer. I know technology has some of you stomped but the person who posted this just took his statement & put it above the video ffs 🙄😁
Alright lol. Follow @Wrighty_8 for some more Ian Wright quotes.

AeNwT

We are talking elite in relative terms. There's no point in comparing to different eras. Good luck finding a striker if you're going turn down every striker that's not Henry/RVP level.

I haven't mentioned his goals/game or minutes numbers, only his absolute numbers. He scored 13 goals in 16 apps for Willem in the dutch league, 9 goals in 14 starts in his first season in La liga and then 17 in 34 apps last season. It's still early in his career but that's a pretty consistent "anomaly" if you ask me.

In relative terms to the rest of Europe ? Relative isn't definitive & again he wasn't even on the list.

Name five strikers you'd sign or who would sign from that list for Arsenal... Andre Silva everyone else is too old, not good enough or unrealistic. You were over hyping Isak. When you add context that list dwindles down to only one player we'd maybe look at. The first thing I look for in a striker is technique as you want them to be able to strike the ball. I agree Henry, RVP were elite there

It's not a surprise that a player who struggles with technique in the final third has had a standout year when there's no fans in the stadium. Please please actually think about what I'm saying. What would of helped Sanogo sort out his feet... confidence. If you remove fans it helps

We've seen that not having fans in the stadium means there is no home advantage please don't try and say different as this is a fact.

I already follow Uncle Ian & the Ringer :) It's how I found the quote. Why can Ian Wright one of the most respected PL strikers of all time point out that he looks like "He's playing in sandals" but when I watch hours of a player and point out the same before Ian it's an issue ?

The issue is you don't like what I'm saying & you can't actually prove the point you're trying to make.

I want him to succeed but this fan base & the English media will destroy him if we signed him for 60 mil. I don't think Pepe get's enough credit for weathering the storm.

Again we're talking stats. What do you see in his game other than goals on the stat sheet ? Auba has goals what else does he have to his game...

Why did you miss out the season where Isak didn't score ? Fell perfectly between the stats of Willem II & Sociedad... Dortmund days just didn't aid your argument.
He's been prolific in Holland & Sweden so now he's elite ?
He's never scored at a European tournament (I hope he gets a couple goals and an assist.

All in all (Europe / La Liga) Isak has 26 Goals in 79 games since going to Spain... Elite. Outside Holland & Sweden 26 in 88. You're missing out all the games he's played in to aid your opinion. If you have to lie it's not worth arguing. You're just lying to yourself.

I like him, I don't love him

Last edited:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
In relative terms to the rest of Europe ? Relative isn't definitive & again he wasn't even on the list.

Name five strikers you'd sign or who would sign from that list for Arsenal... Andre Silva everyone else is too old, not good enough or unrealistic. You were over hyping Isak. When you add context that list dwindles down to only one player we'd maybe look at. The first thing I look for in a striker is technique as you want them to be able to strike the ball. I agree Henry, RVP were elite there

It's not a surprise that a player who struggles with technique in the final third has had a standout year when there's no fans in the stadium. Please please actually think about what I'm saying. What would of helped Sanogo sort out his feet... confidence. If you remove fans it helps

We've seen that not having fans in the stadium means there is no home advantage please don't try and say different as this is a fact.

I already follow Uncle Ian & the Ringer :) It's how I found the quote. Why can Ian Wright one of the most respected PL strikers of all time point out that he looks like "He's playing in sandals" but when I watch hours of a player and point out the same before Ian it's an issue ?

The issue is you don't like what I'm saying & you can't actually prove the point you're trying to make.

I want him to succeed but this fan base & the English media will destroy him if we signed him for 60 mil. I don't think Pepe get's enough credit for weathering the storm.

Again we're talking stats. What do you see in his game other than goals on the stat sheet ? Auba has goals what else does he have to his game...

Why did you miss out the season where Isak didn't score ? Fell perfectly between the stats of Willem II & Sociedad... Dortmund days just didn't aid your argument.
He's never scored at a European tournament (I hope he gets a couple goals and an assist.

All in all (Europe / La Liga) Isak has 26 Goals in 91 games since going to Spain... Elite. you're missing out all the games he's played in to aid your opinion. If you have to lie it's not worth arguing. You're just lying to yourself.

Ok man. Just out of curiosity, who/what is the ringer?

AeNwT

All in all (Europe / La Liga) Isak has 26 Goals in 91 games since going to Spain... Elite. you're missing out all the games he's played in to aid your opinion. If you have to lie it's not worth arguing. You're just lying to yourself.

Ok man. Just out of curiosity, who/what is the ringer?

Mate I can’t be bothered. You lied about his stats repeatedly. Acted like Ian Wright never said what he said on the video I quoted & now you’re asking what’s the ringer ?

No point talking to you. You talk nonsense. You know the points I’m making are valid. You actually checked his stats & thought ‘I’ll leave them out ‘ thinking no one else would check. I checked and watched him.

You haven’t said anything you like about his game other than goals

You had to lie to prove a point which proves you have no point

Last edited:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

Mate I can’t be bothered. You lied about his stats repeatedly. Acted like Ian Wright never said what he said on the video I quoted & now you’re asking what’s the ringer ?… No point talking to you. You talk nonsense.

You had to lie to prove a point which proves you have no point
Wtf man, i just want to know who the ringer is? Why can't you tell me? I've also never lied about any stats lmao.

AeNwT

Wtf man, i just want to know who the ringer is? Why can't you tell me? I've also never lied about any stats lmao.
You didn’t lie you just missed out the ones that didn’t aid your opinion & painted a trajectory of him that isn’t quite true.

Now it’s a wtf man like I’m the one who overhyped him posted lists he’s not even on & acted like he’s prolific.

It’s transparent, boring 🥱 😁

I think he can be good but for that price tag he needs to be great.

He might be ready in a year or two like when Cavani was at Palermo then joined Napoli but at the moment his play in the final third doesn’t convince me.

Last edited:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
You didn’t lie you just missed out the ones that didn’t aid your opinion & painted a trajectory of him that isn’t quite true.

Now it’s a wtf man like I’m the one who overhyped him posted lists he’s not even on & acted like he’s prolific.

It’s transparent, boring 🥱 😁
My fault, Isak made just 5 apps for Dortmund between the age of 16-18. Huge flop, he will never amount to anything etc.

Now can you show me where Ian Wright said that he plays football like he has sandals on?

AeNwT

My fault, Isak made just 5 apps for Dortmund between the age of 16-18. Huge flop, he will never amount to anything etc.

Now can you show me where Ian Wright said that he plays football like he has sandals on?

Lool you’re really still trying. I never said he’s a flop. Just not convinced yet

What about Real Betis ?

What about when he went to Dortmund a club known for playing elite level youngsters… What happened ? Why can you use Willen & time in Sweden but in Dortmund he’s only young.

when a player’s elite to a fan they first pass the eye test Henry, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Messi to name a few.

Then when you check their numbers they convince you of this theory.

They are never looked at as decent on the pitch and his numbers are decent so now he’s elite

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Lool you’re really still trying. I never said he’s a flop. Just not convinced yet

What about Real Betis ?

What about when he went to Dortmund a club known for playing elite level youngsters… What happened ? Why can you use Willen & time in Sweden but in Dortmund he’s only young.

when a player’s elite to a fan they first pass the eye test Henry, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Messi to name a few.

They are never looked at as decent on the pitch and his numbers are decent so now he’s elite
I'll be honest with you man i don't really care about this convo anymore. I just want to know if you actually believe @Wrighty_8 on twitter is the real Ian Wright or not.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

What about Real Betis ?

The argument is stupid as Isak wouldn’t leave Real Socidad for Arsenal. His next club will be elite. This would be side step or even backward step for him. As a swede I would hate Arteta to ruin him

Top Bottom