• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
FJ3FWzPacAAouUn

...when he calls Auba to ask what the club is like :eyess:

"It's all fine until Vinai starts asking you hypotheticals like "If you had to live in Marseille, where would you like a house?"

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Same, I'd prefer to go the wide forward route but Mikel has no time for that. Doesn't help that our best players are wide players who aren't wide forwards so seems like we're stuck here.

The price tag is making me sick but seems like it is what it is at this point. If we had an average CF I'd say we should just hold on for a few windows but we've found ourselves in the position where our best available striker can't even score a goal.

Knowing our luck we'll overpay massively for Isak/Dusan and then in the next couple years the CF market will boom.:lol:
When was the last time that the striker department was booming? Ever since the explosion of wide forwards becoming most teams prominent goal scorer strikers have been dwindling. We can do one of two things. 1) You sign a young and promising CF and accept you will be forced to overpay for him. Isak/Vlahovic/Broja/Osimhem/Cabral etc. Or 2) you sign no one and wait for the 'right' CF to come. Now unfortunately for us option two is unlikely when we are set to lose three strikers in the summer.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Pros to Isak:
He is fast
We can play a mobile and fluid front three of Martinelli/Isak/Saka
Very technical
Great dribbler and ball carrier
He presses well
He has a good relationship with Ødegaard
Arsenal fan
Similar to Henry

Cons to Isak:
Expensive
Physically weak despite his frame
Not scoring a lot of goals this season
Not great in the air
Drifts too far to the left at times
Not a focal point

B77

If we want a good striker that doesnt score, why not just renew Laca! His price is absolutely ridiculous - i’d rather wait til summer than splashing 70 on a guy who doesnt really score

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pros to Isak:
He is fast
We can play a mobile and fluid front three of Martinelli/Isak/Saka
Very technical
Great dribbler and ball carrier
He presses well
He has a good relationship with Ødegaard
Arsenal fan
Similar to Henry

Cons to Isak:
Expensive
Physically weak despite his frame
Not scoring a lot of goals this season
Not great in the air
Drifts too far to the left at times
Not a focal point
I wouldn't say he is physically weak. People are going on like he is Jesus Navas.

He needs to develop physically and that can be done. Look at Martinelli and ESR. Strength and conditioning is hardly a con.

I'd also say a pro is that he has good shooting technique. His misses usually come down to calmness and shot selection, not lacking the technique to pull it off.

People don't remember DCL at 21. I do. He couldn't finish at all.

Bringing Isak in changes the team completely. Teams have figured out what we are doing. Laca drops in, CB follows, Saka and Martinelli run into space. So what they have done is let Laca drop in because they realise he can't turn, or pass or shoot. He also rarely dribbles and carries. So he isn't a threat.

If Isak drops in and turns and runs, it's a problem, space will open up and as much as he is an inconsistent finisher, he does see a pass. He would be a massive threat. The question is whether we can polish up to be lethal rather than patchy.

blrgooner

Established Member
I wouldn't say he is physically weak. People are going on like he is Jesus Navas.

He needs to develop physically and that can be done. Look at Martinelli and ESR. Strength and conditioning is hardly a con.

I'd also say a pro is that he has good shooting technique. His misses usually come down to calmness and shot selection, not lacking the technique to pull it off.

Bringing Isak in changes the team completely. Teams have figured out what we are doing. Laca drops in, CB follows, Saka and Martinelli run into space. So what they have done is let Laca drop in because they realise he can't turn, or pass or shoot. He also rarely dribbles and carries. So he isn't a threat.

If Isak drops in and turns and runs, it's a problem, space will open up and as much as he is an inconsistent finisher, he does see a pass. He would be a massive threat. The question is whether we can polish up to be lethal rather than patchy.
Agree completely with this. I know Isak is not a complete player and is not worth the the price quoted but I don`t think any of the strikers we are linked with are complete players and none of them seem to be worth what they seem to be valued at.
With Isak, we get a dodgy finisher but he is the best overall footballer among the strikers we are linked with. A Laca who is actually a bit unpredictable, can run with the ball, dribble and turn can transform the way we play.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Agree with this, Isak has a lot of promise and is a really good player. Question isn't so much whether we should sign him, it's more about whether he's worth an enormous fee. I really don't think we'd pay his release clause, he's just not worth it at the moment, they might negotiate though so there's a chance we get him for significantly less.

I also don't think he's a signing that makes the difference between us getting Top 4 or not but definitely wouldn't be against this if he comes in.

Makavelii

Simply not worth what he would cost. Very alluring player, but Nketiah like finishing consistency
lol it's a lot better than Nketiah's. But agree it's not high enough to feel comfortable putting in the money it would take.

I'm on the fence. He's an exciting player... but the goals are a worry.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The main reason I would go for Isak.

He is exciting. The level of excitement that Saka and Martinelli bring is crazy. The crowd gets to their feet.

Isak is a better dribbler. He would be fun to watch. I also can't see him disappearing in a game. His dribbling allows him to go looking for the ball.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The main reason I would go for Isak.

He is exciting. The level of excitement that Saka and Martinelli bring is crazy. The crowd gets to their feet.

Isak is a better dribbler. He would be fun to watch. I also can't see him disappearing in a game. His dribbling allows him to go looking for the ball.

He’s also very two footed.

Pyres7

He needs to develop physically and that can bedone. Look at Martinelli and ESR. Strength and conditioning is hardly a con.
He does look very scrawny, especially for a CF. Can't see him battling off huge PL defenders and holding the ball up the way Vlahovic would, or even how Laca does now.

Does he drop deep like a false nine?

Top Bottom