• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

Makavelii

He does look very scrawny, especially for a CF. Can't see him battling off huge PL defenders and holding the ball up the way Vlahovic would, or even how Laca does now.

Does he drop deep like a false nine?
From his highlights it seems like he ventures out wide a lot. Hardly seems to play in the centre

Goonger

The main reason I would go for Isak.

He is exciting. The level of excitement that Saka and Martinelli bring is crazy. The crowd gets to their feet.

Isak is a better dribbler. He would be fun to watch. I also can't see him disappearing in a game. His dribbling allows him to go looking for the ball.

That video you posted was mental. The miss was poor, he needs to sort his feet out quicker and get his shots away faster. But that effort that crashed off the woodwork with his weaker foot was equally as ridiculous in the Wow direction.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He does look very scrawny, especially for a CF. Can't see him battling off huge PL defenders and holding the ball up the way Vlahovic would, or even how Laca does now.

If you're technical enough then you don't need to be a tank at CF, your touch/dribbling has to be very good though.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He is from East African decent. So genetically he won't be an Adama Traore. You don't have to big to be strong. His height means he weighs more naturally, but if he hit the gym he would look more like Tammy I reckon.

Pyres7

He is from East African decent. So genetically he won't be an Adama Traore. You don't have to big to be strong. His height means he weighs more naturally, but if he hit the gym he would look more like Tammy I reckon.
Yeah I'm not expecting Adama Traore but he does need to hit the gym!
0_GettyImages-1363498208.jpg

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

His build is quite similar to Adebayor when he first came. Adebayor bulked up a little bit and was fine so I don’t see why it would be a problem for Isak.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Don't mind Isak at all. He'll be a bit of a Morata, more involved in goal but a poorer scorer of goals. I can live with that as long as he doesn't cost a bomb.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You know who he reminds me of a bit in terms of stature and body type? Abou Diaby.

Looks a bit bambi on ice at times with those long legs but deceptively good technique and ball control.

Sort of player that would be pretty exciting to watch. Fee is very high though, but I guess anyone we want will be overpriced at this stage of the window.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looks to be a similar player to Watkins. Mobile, runs the channels, can link up the play. Looks a far better dribbler but Watkins has the PL experience. Is he worth the premium?

Makavelii

You know who he reminds me of a bit in terms of stature and body type? Abou Diaby.

Looks a bit bambi on ice at times with those long legs but deceptively good technique and ball control.

Sort of player that would be pretty exciting to watch. Fee is very high though, but I guess anyone we want will be overpriced at this stage of the window.
Nah Diaby had strength too. He used his body weight to hold the ball more than it seems like Isak does from highlights

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
As long as his value stays high for several years fee shouldn't be an issue IMO. The trouble with high fees is mostly around players in their late 20's, in a way what happened with Auba and Laca where we are in no position to get anything back after massive investments in them.

jaystewart

I disagree because the assumption “as long as his value stays high” is as good as him being a success or not. For example, we should of paid a flat 75m for Zaha because the younger, because 75m over three years Mr Pepe isn’t even attracting saviours who fancy a punt. Arsenal is a hard place to come and succeed and Isak would have the world on his shoulders. When there is expectation and it doesn’t work at Arsenal, it’s BAD.
As long as his value stays high for several years fee shouldn't be an issue IMO. The trouble with high fees is mostly around players in their late 20's, in a way what happened with Auba and Laca where we are in no position to get anything back after massive investments in them

Latest posts+

Top Bottom