• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Totally forgot he'd been at Dortmund. How come it never worked out for him there? You'd think a young player like him would've been right up their street.

Makavelii

He scored one penalty this season. Last season he didn’t score any (he missed one) and Sociedad had 12 in total. If he was their penalty taker he’d probably have had 20-25 goals. That’s for league goals.
Thanks. Where do you find these stats?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Totally forgot he'd been at Dortmund. How come it never worked out for him there? You'd think a young player like him would've been right up there street.
He was too young. He was green even in Sweden when he moved there

tcahill

I wouldn't say he is physically weak. People are going on like he is Jesus Navas.

He needs to develop physically and that can be done. Look at Martinelli and ESR. Strength and conditioning is hardly a con.

I'd also say a pro is that he has good shooting technique. His misses usually come down to calmness and shot selection, not lacking the technique to pull it off.

People don't remember DCL at 21. I do. He couldn't finish at all.

Bringing Isak in changes the team completely. Teams have figured out what we are doing. Laca drops in, CB follows, Saka and Martinelli run into space. So what they have done is let Laca drop in because they realise he can't turn, or pass or shoot. He also rarely dribbles and carries. So he isn't a threat.

If Isak drops in and turns and runs, it's a problem, space will open up and as much as he is an inconsistent finisher, he does see a pass. He would be a massive threat. The question is whether we can polish up to be lethal rather than patchy.

I was an Isak sceptic, but after watching him for a bit I'm fully on the train. He's such a weird player. 6'4 but an insane dribbler with great technique and very quick.

Stats show he presses well but is also piss weak in the air. He'd essentially be a fitter Laca who can also get in behind. Plus with his height I can see him filling out a little more and becoming quite a strong player.

Cost is worrying though, unfortunately the big name striker market is ass right now, unless we try for another cheap gem our options are very limited.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I was an Isak sceptic, but after watching him for a bit I'm fully on the train. He's such a weird player. 6'4 but an insane dribbler with great technique and very quick.

Stats show he presses well but is also piss weak in the air. He'd essentially be a fitter Laca who can also get in behind. Plus with his height I can see him filling out a little more and becoming quite a strong player.

Cost is worrying though, unfortunately the big name striker market is ass right now, unless we try for another cheap gem our options are very limited.
Thierry Henry?

HomeSteak

Established Member
Honestly yeah, Henry with worse finishing is pretty comparable.
yea, also none of the swag, in a strage way he is worse at heading the ball also, even if he is bigger. and his passing is not as good as Titi was. Or his dribling, or his link-up play, positioning, awareness, football IQ or anything else really. Both bald has to be said.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
People need to be careful throwing Henry's name around, even saying a younger Thierry... dangerous game that, usually means the young player will flop.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Love how many on Twiter especially stated how Arsenal was the most interesting project and all players should want to join.

Yet we are twerking for players not interested.
Reality check for a lot of fans.

Banter reputation + out of CL for years + questionable manager who has fallen out with multiple players.

Shame on them. :lol:

AeNwT

I’ve read from a few sources that Isak doesn’t want the move now. Surely Darwin Nunez is an option ?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I’ve read from a few sources that Isak doesn’t want the move now. Surely Darwin Nunez is an option ?

Nobody reliable is saying this and it all seems to come from a Matt Law bullshit article.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Not for Arsenal at least :fibs:
These players are probably put off by the awful online fan base, Arsenal fan tv etc.

Who wants to be told by some mug what they should be doing whilst copping abuse on social media from other ‘fans’ if they don’t hit the ground running.

Top Bottom