• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Yeah, this is what I mean. I just don’t see the style comparison at all.
Again, we are not saying Isaak is in TH14 level or something like that. They have similar attributes. Like Santi and Iniesta had similar attributes but that not means the exact same player.

Now tell me they don't have some similar aspects and let aside your fandom for TH.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
It's too bad we weren't in on the Julián Álvarez signing, from all signs he looks like the next real deal from Argentina / South Ámerica.

These are the types of signings that will push our club forward. Or being brave and developing Gabi as a CF and improving our LW position (or seeing if Saka and Pepe works with Gabi).

But, I am a big fan of Isak's. If the club don't see Gabi as the way forward an Isak signing is the next best thing; though I haven't seen Vlahovic and I trust that if the club felt he was worth such an investment the scouts know better than I do about a player I've never seen, so perhaps that makes Isak the next next best thing.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Been a fan of Isak ever since I've seen him in the Eredivisie. I like strikers with great dribbling ability, they can create stuff for themselves. I think he could definitely adapt to the PL and play here at a high level.

I just wonder why his production has dropped off so significantly this season. Anyone who watches La Liga regularly who could shed some light on this?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's too bad we weren't in on the Julián Álvarez signing, from all signs he looks like the next real deal from Argentina / South Ámerica.

These are the types of signings that will push our club forward. Or being brave and developing Gabi as a CF and improving our LW position (or seeing if Saka and Pepe works with Gabi).

Completely agree with the part in bold. There are a lot of different options that we could recruit on the LW too.

Weren’t Utd linked with Julián Álvarez? I’m surprised that they didn’t make a move for him as he really looks worth the gamble. I would have been all for signing him as he seems perfect for the type of squad that we’re trying to build. It’s difficult to predict how he’ll do at City tbh as I can see him loaned out before he’s eventually given a chance in the first team.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Gabi isn't a number 9. 0 hold up or back to goal play. His biggest strength is running at people, pressing them, and receiving the ball wide and making his way inroads or sometimes down the outside.

Maybe in 5-6 years when his game changes abit and he has bulked up and learned the game nore he could make the adaption. But that doesn't help today.

We need a striker with Gabi/Saka/Ødegaard and ESR playing off him.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Gabi isn't a number 9. 0 hold up or back to goal play. His biggest strength is running at people, pressing them, and receiving the ball wide and making his way inroads or sometimes down the outside.

Maybe in 5-6 years when his game changes abit and he has bulked up and learned the game nore he could make the adaption. But that doesn't help today.

Look at Jota. Where was his hold up play before Liverpool? Where is it now? In Wolves he played out wide or up top in 352, playing off of Jimenez. No reason Gabi couldn't develop into that. Granted, Jota levelled up his game after joining Pool

Dutch D

Look at Jota. Where was his hold up play before Liverpool? Where is it now? In Wolves he played out wide or up top in 352, playing off of Jimenez. No reason Gabi couldn't develop into that. Granted, Jota levelled up his game after joining Pool
Jota really showed he had a lot in his locker at Wolves, though. Really expected him to step up at Liverpool and he has not disappointed. Wanted him at Arsenal before he moved.

Think Gabi has to mature a bit on the wing before he's ready to move centrally, though. Not seeing yet what I saw with Jota. Edit: that said it wouldn't surprise me if Gabi moves centrally at some point. He does have goal instinct.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That was under Emery. He has bulked up since btw. Fully capable of playing as a 9.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

That was under Emery. He has bulked up since btw. Fully capable of playing as a 9.
0:54 - Laca could never.

Between Vlahovic and Cabral gone, Isak rumoured to not wanting to come and DCl injury worries, Gabi needs a shot up front.

Last edited:

Dutch D

0:54 - Laca could never.

Between Vlahovic and Cabral gone, Isak not wanting to come and DCl injury worries, Gabi needs a shot up front.
Agree it's the only option left if no one comes in. Didn't know Isak wasn't interested in moving to us in January, but I assumed he'd be too expensive regardless.

Is there really no other option, David or Gouiri or something?

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Agree it's the only option left if no one comes in. Didn't know Isak wasn't interested in moving to us in January, but I assumed he'd be too expensive regardless.

Is there really no other option, David or Gouiri or something?
Rumoured to tbf, edited the post :)

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Liverpool and us are miles different. If you ask Jota to swap and come to us he isn't as effective. He looks even better in a good team surrounded by good players.

Gabi isn't strong, I haven't seen anything in his game that indicates his back to goal game would be good. How would he fair with a Van Dijk or Dias marking him? Is he good in the air? I haven't seen anything that suggests the 400 crosses that we put into the box have seen him arrive at the back post to nod them in. Jota, however is very good in the air Ronaldo-esque.

I personally see Gabis strengths (as I said before over the next 4 or 5 years) better suiting a wide forward than a number 9.

People posting videos of a random Europa league game to prove a point is daft. Like posting Eddie's hat trick in the league cup to suggest he's good enough to score goals for us.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool and us are miles different. If you ask Jota to swap and come to us he isn't as effective. He looks even better in a good team surrounded by good players.

Gabi isn't strong, I haven't seen anything in his game that indicates his back to goal game would be good. How would he fair with a Van Dijk or Dias marking him? Is he good in the air? I haven't seen anything that suggests the 400 crosses that we put into the box have seen him arrive at the back post to nod them in. Jota, however is very good in the air Ronaldo-esque.

I personally see Gabis strengths (as I said before over the next 4 or 5 years) better suiting a wide forward than a number 9.

People posting videos of a random Europa league game to prove a point is daft. Like posting Eddie's hat trick in the league cup to suggest he's good enough to score goals for us.
We cross from the left. Bit hard for him to arrive at the back post when he plays on the left.

Gursha

Again, we are not saying Isaak is in TH14 level or something like that. They have similar attributes. Like Santi and Iniesta had similar attributes but that not means the exact same player.

Now tell me they don't have some similar aspects and let aside your fandom for TH.
Thank you for blessing us with some Henry clips...

While i understand and appreciate the editing to find the similarities, and not that im comparing the two, just simply admiring the king.. Henry has that effortless aura around him, i dont think ive seen anyone has complete as him...

Isaak needs to develop that effortless arrogance...

In general I dont think anyone should be compared to Henry in any shape or form, its just unfair.

Top Bottom