Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

I see some improvements in our attacking game. Of 100 we are probably at 20 now. We were at 2 when Emery left us.

I'm hoping when our team get more involved in attack. Our midfielders push higher up we will find Lacazette in positions where he can get shot at target!

SingmeasongSong and Tir Na Nog like this.
  2. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

Not sure whether anyone noticed or has the gif. But Laca appears to pull up at the final whistle.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  3. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Also looks like he handballed it in the area just before the ref blew the whistle :lol: didnt look like an accident either

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  4. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

I wouldnt have been able to cope if they got a pen here :lol:

krackpot and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  5. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

With the emergence of Martinelli, I am all for cashing in on Laca this summer, if we can convince Auba to extend. Lacazette will only get worse at this point.

6. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

Nice work off the ball again except when he was in our penalty area, but with the ball he looks like proper brexit forward. Come on Laca, I invested to much time in defending you. Turn it around or your days are numbered in this club.

Artisan, RacingPhoton, Jae and 3 others like this.
  7. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

Lacazette = Emile Heskey.

Yup, I said it.

Pop Tart and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  8. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

He’s basically the Chelsea Torres. He doesn’t trust himself to get at the end of passes so he’s fully converted himself into a workhorse striker. That’s all fine and dandy but no one spends £50+ million on a striker who makes a lot of tackles, the club wants and needs goals.
    I’m not trying to be rude here but what does good hold up and link play look to you guys? Because I can’t use those same phrases and Lacazette in the same sentence. The amount of tones he slows down the game just so he can turn around and push his backside onto others. How many headers has he won against CB? I’m genuinely baffled that we can watch the likes Benzema, Lewandowski and Luis Suarez have really good link up play and think Lacazette is one of them.

Pop Tart likes this.
  9. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

“Lizzozette”
    “Laca Thee Stallion”
    “Twerkezette”
    “Lacathreat”
    “Lacability”
    “La Cardi B”
    Another reason why I dislike Lacazette is because I’m reminded of some of football’s worse ever nicknames and puns. Everything about him just stinks right now.

10. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Tongue in cheek, but Giroud scored away from home.

11. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

To be honest I think giroud was better than Lacazette. Taken over a couple of years.

12. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

He has stopped shooting or something. It's strange because his finishing is still top-class (from the off-side goal).

But worked his socks off

13. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

He hasn't been at his best, but as usual people are going proper over top with the criticism. Everyone on here absolutely creams over Firmino but they've got a near identical record in the league this season.

Don't hear anyone calling Firimno worse than Andy Carroll do you? You won't hear any self respecting Liverpool fan say a bad word about Firmino.

Firmino:
    Games: 22
    Minutes: 1803
    Goals: 7
    Assists: 4
    (involved in a goal every 164 minutes)

Lacazette:
    Games: 17
    Minutes: 1193
    Goals: 5
    Assists: 2
    (involved in a goal every 170 minutes)

He's not without criticism, he hasn't been good enough by his own standard, he can and MUST do better. I said ages ago he'd end up being the next scapegoat and it's looking like I'm right.

14. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Yup. I saw this.

15. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Seems to spend most of his time floating outside of the box in a sort of #10 role now? Might as well put him there and make it official :lol::lol:

16. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

Comparing Lacazette to Firmino is a serious stretch. o_O

17. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

Lacazette is the Mustafi/Xhaka of forwards. We need to get rid.

18. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Active Member

At least Giroud turned up for the EL final.

19. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Did you read any of what I just said mate? They do compare and people compare them both on here quite regularly. They both fulfill the same role in our team.

20. Finesse

Finesse Well-Known Member

Some of these posts about Laca clearly epitomises why rival fans have a go at us. Even in a game where we had 2 chances with 2 shots on goal he is still lambasted. The amount of work he has put on under Arteta is second to non. Without him leading the work rate from the top the whole team would fold. He does his work and comes deep to win balls when Özil has no more legs.

Comparing him to Firmino is equally dumbfounding. The Question is Firmino leading the line for Arsenal and Laca leading the line for Liverpool as things stand who will score more ? The answer shows why we shouldn’t even compare.

Our strikers and wingers have it all to play to create chances. Our midfield is improved and can now control games. However we still need to make this midfield create and support the front 3. This is not happening yet and that’s the reason for our inability to kill of games. Laca is a box player and we are not dominating the final third of he midfield enough for him to be fully exploited.

Even Auba will struggle to lead the line and put the shift Laca does for the team. Auba can put that work rate tracking back from the wings. But not from the top and we tried that a lot before and he was anonymous up top. Yet our best scorer.

An investment in the right offensive midfielder would bring the best out of Laca and our forwards. A midfielder who can dominate the final third and bring players into play would be decisive. Like we see week in week out from KDB , David Silva etc. Why are we not going out and paying to get this Grealish boy from Villa. Is it because he is not some foreigner playing in Europe with YouTube videos ? This boy under Arteta would drive the team forward. His natural instinct is to control and drive the ball forward and his ability to feed the wingers and forwards is class. He has energy and stamina and can drive the game into the opposing side. He would slot in just fine and does not need to acclimatise to the PL.