• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
You should care because whether you like it or not, a confident lacazette is good player on his day. You should care about the welfare of our players. A good Man manager would have dropped Laca already. I'm not his biggest fan and I believe we should upgrade him in the summer, but you can't deny that an on-form Lacazette is capable of elevating our attack up a level.

Hopefully, Arteta does the needful in the next game and probably the 2 weeks rest can do him a world of good

Me not caring about his confidence is very different to me not caring about his welfare and that of other Arsenal players. His confidence doesn't bother me because I don't want him at Arsenal! I said last summer sell him and buy a winger, now a lot of people are saying the same.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What people don't know is that Laca is far from our biggest problem. The players we have in midfield are not good enough to protect the defense and create chances at the same time as evidenced by our left back being our biggest attacking outlets. You're right, based on current form lacazette should be nowhere near our starting XI but the problem we have transcends him. We have a structural problem that arteta can not fix overnight. It's not his fault that the midfield hardly create chances. I think it will be better for everyone involved if Laca is moved on in the summer. His Laca of pace is hurting our transition.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Klopp managed to turn Origi into a decent player, who was a donkey, and y'all sayin' that Laca, one of the best Ligue 1 players before coming here, is too slow for us or not good enough, but fail to acknowledge that we have a dogsh!t midfield and defense, so he has to drop down to help out defensively or get the ball, because our creative midfielders are absolutely inept.

What we need is a different style of play that is faster and doesn't take ages for the ball to get in the box.
He's a poacher that can't receive crosses or good passes because this team is creatively bankrupt atm.

Look at City and Pool how fast they get the ball in the opponent's box compared to how slow and convoluted we do that and then complain about Laca.

The problem is managerial, coming from tactics first and foremost and then by applying them with players that just don't have the set of skills to pull them off.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We didn't sell him, but we did buy a winger and you can't say it's been money well spent.

I said that before we sold Iwobi & Mhki. I have no problem with them going but we should have then been looking at 2 wingers and selling Laca.

My issue has always been the same, why play Auba on the wing when he's our No1 CF? If someone can explain the benefit of that to me then I'll shut up about selling Laca.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I said that before we sold Iwobi & Mhki. I have no problem with them going but we should have then been looking at 2 wingers and selling Laca.

My issue has always been the same, why play Auba on the wing when he's our No1 CF? If someone can explain the benefit of that to me then I'll shut up about selling Laca.
Laca isn't the issue here. It's our formation and build up play.
Sure, we need another winger and Auba is wasted when playing there based on our slow tempo style of play, but if you ask me, you can use Laca, who's a far better passer than Auba, as a second striker.

Think of Griezmann behind Costa at Atletico and that's pretty much it. Laca assisted Auba a number of times throughout the last couple of seasons, whereas you can't say the same for Auba.

They can both feed off each other, but you also need an attacking midfielder to provide the ball to them for one-twos and Özil isn't doing that anymore.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Klopp managed to turn Origi into a decent player, who was a donkey, and y'all sayin' that Laca, one of the best Ligue 1 players before coming here, is too slow for us or not good enough, but fail to acknowledge that we have a dogsh!t midfield and defense, so he has to drop down to help out defensively or get the ball, because our creative midfielders are absolutely inept.

What we need is a different style of play that is faster and doesn't take ages for the ball to get in the box.
He's a poacher that can't receive crosses or good passes because this team is creatively bankrupt atm.

Look at City and Pool how fast they get the ball in the opponent's box compared to how slow and convoluted we do that and then complain about Laca.

The problem is managerial, coming from tactics first and foremost and then by applying them with players that just don't have the set of skills to pull them off.

Aubameyang won the golden boot last season and has 14 PL goals this. So your excuses about the midfield and defence don't really fly.

Lacazette has never been good enough. Somehow he's got himself a reputation as a top striker, especially with Arsenal fans but the truth is, he's always been an average player. There is a reason why Deschamps has never fancied him. There is a reason why Arsène always subbed him early. There is a reason why Emery subbed him early.

People say he works hard, have you ever thought he does that to compensate for the fact he's not good enough?

The worst part about him playing is we are starting our best two attackers (Auba and Matinelli) out of position.

Personally, i'd like to see

Ceballos
Martinelli Aubameyang Özil

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Aubameyang won the golden boot last season and has 14 PL goals this. So your excuses about the midfield and defence don't really fly.

Lacazette has never been good enough. Somehow he's got himself a reputation as a top striker, especially with Arsenal fans but the truth is, he's always been an average player.
I can spin it the same as you by providing his stats in Ligue 1.
You don't score as many goals as him year in year out by being average.
And Auba was joint top scorer last season.
There is a reason why Deschamps has never fancied him.
Yes, he fancied Giroud, who hasn't scored a single goal at the WC.
People say he works hard, have you ever thought he does that to compensate for the fact he's not good enough?
Have you ever thought that the supply and defense is simply not good enough?
Ceballos
Ah, yes. Ceballos who hasn't played in over two months and that lazy bum Özil, who doesn't provide anything anymore.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I can spin it the same as you by providing his stats in Ligue 1.
You don't score as many goals as him year in year out by being average.
And Auba was joint top scorer last season.

Yes, he fancied Giroud, who hasn't scored a single goal at the WC.

Have you ever thought that the supply and defense is simply not good enough?

Ah, yes. Ceballos who hasn't played in over two months and that lazy bum Özil, who doesn't provide anything anymore.

Ligue 1 has nothing to do with the PL. He hasn't been consistent at Arsenal since he arrived. You don't stay at a club like Lyon for that long if you are a genuine top striker.

He fancied Giroud because of his link up play. Something Arsenal fans think Lacazette is good at.

Lacazette drops too deep and then doesn't have the pace/stamina/physical attributes to then get into the box. The guy is so unfit. All he does these days is fall to the ground and try to start fights.

The idea behind my attack is you have two direct, pacy goalscorers and two creators/players who can retain the ball.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Ligue 1 has nothing to do with the PL. He hasn't been consistent at Arsenal since he arrived.
That is a load of **** and you know it.
In his first season he scored 14 goals in the PL along with 4 assists and a 17 total throughout every competition.
Last season he scored 13 with 8 assists and a total of 19, so that definitely debunks your statement.

Sure, he has a problem with away goals and this season scored only a total of 6 and 2 assists, but we've been abysmal from the midfield down.
He fancied Giroud because of his link up play. Something Arsenal fans think Lacazette is good at.
That's because he is.
Lacazette drops too deep and then doesn't have the pace/stamina/physical attributes to then get into the box. The guy is so unfit.
Because he has to drop deep and help out our incompetent midfielders and defense, who aren't doing their jobs. You'd be tired too if you'd spend your energy doing the ground work as an attacking player.
The idea behind my attack is you have two direct, pacy goalscorers and two creators/players who can retain the ball.
Özil has a total of 11 assists over the last 2 and a half seasons, whereas Laca has 13, so as a striker he's doing better than our best paid player and our main creative outlet.

I get that you have an agenda against him, but denying the facts is inevitable here.
Bring in a good deep lying playmaker and an attacking midfielder and then you'll see Laca doing his job a whole lot better, because he wouldn't have to drop deep and be in the box, where he belongs.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
You make it sound like 14 and 13 PL goals is a good return lol. For a striker with his reputation and price tag its poor. He's been one of the worst signing in the history of the club. Need to move on in the summer. Not sure who will take him at 29 though.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He's been one of the worst signing in the history of the club.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Calm down there mate. He's been terrible recently but if he had more than 18 months left on his deal we'd get most of our money back if we were to sell him (or more depending on how many clubs need a striker). He hasnt set the world alight but he has scored in key games and won our POTS last season.

People need to relax, no need to be so controversial and damning all the time. It doesnt make you cool.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Pound for pound, you can argue he’s been the worst signing we’ve ever made, but even then Mustafi probably tops that list and Pepe could potentially blow them both out of the water because he’s been absolutely underwhelming.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Pound for pound, you can argue he’s been the worst signing we’ve ever made, but even then Mustafi probably tops that list and Pepe could potentially blow them both out of the water because he’s been absolutely underwhelming.
It depends how you're measuring worst signing. It looks like you are including transfer fee. Which means you're probably going to get a new 'worst signing' every 5-10 seasons with the inflating market lol. We could recoup most (or over half) of the Laca fee right?

Even though I still have faith in Pepe, he has done much less here than Laca has. He is at risk of being a massive flop as you say. But yeh Mustafi right now has to be the worst. We paid £35m for this idiot and the fan base are practically begging the guy to leave. He has cost us countless games over the last couple seasons.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Lacazette has never been good enough. Somehow he's got himself a reputation as a top striker, especially with Arsenal fans but the truth is, he's always been an average player. There is a reason why Deschamps has never fancied him. There is a reason why Arsène always subbed him early. There is a reason why Emery subbed him early.

The worst part about him playing is we are starting our best two attackers (Auba and Matinelli) out of position.

Personally, i'd like to see

Ceballos
You lost me immediately you wrote that bolded part.

Özil is stinking out the place in the No 10 position, so let's play him the wing :facepalm:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Laca isn't the issue here. It's our formation and build up play.
Sure, we need another winger and Auba is wasted when playing there based on our slow tempo style of play, but if you ask me, you can use Laca, who's a far better passer than Auba, as a second striker.

Think of Griezmann behind Costa at Atletico and that's pretty much it. Laca assisted Auba a number of times throughout the last couple of seasons, whereas you can't say the same for Auba.

They can both feed off each other, but you also need an attacking midfielder to provide the ball to them for one-twos and Özil isn't doing that anymore.

I completely agree we need a better midfield & Özil isn't up to it but that has nothing to do with Lacazette. If we had a better midfield I would still want Lacazette out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom