• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah, I mean in the last 15-20 years since I started following them. Never seen a player single-handily take us from top4 to a mid-table level like Laca did!
We were out of the top four when we signed him.

It was the triple Wenger 100m (Xhaka, Mustafi, Perez) signings in 2016 that took us out top four

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

When on form he's one of our best player. Shame he's fell off a cliff. You can't deny that he wasn't our best player last season.

I'll grab my coat

It was the triple Wenger 100m (Xhaka, Mustafi, Perez) signings in 2016 that took us out top four

I disagree. I think when people start to look at the overall picture they will see Laca connecting so many dots that contributed to our downfall! I think someday someone might write a book about it!

GDeep™

League is very weak

We should’ve got top 4 last year, with Xhaka in the team. You never talk about that? Why not?

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

We should’ve got top 4 last year, with Xhaka in the team. You never talk about that? Why not?
We should have got top four inspite of Xhaka not because of Xhaka. He was bad last season. What propelled us to top four contention was insane conversion rate. We created little but our strikers were unusually very clinical last season. We massively overperformed our xG last season

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I disagree. I think when people start to look at the overall picture they will see Laca connecting so many dots that contributed to our downfall! I think someday someone might write a book about it!
How was Laca responsible for us falling out of the CL?

He wasn't even here when we fell out the CL FFS :lol:

Reactions: A_G

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

What are you talking about? I'm talking about he single handily took us to mid-table level.
We were already on a downward spiral before we even signed Laca. We were out of the CL and was getting thumped by the big boys. We Laca joined at a time when it reached the tipping point. I'm not defending him. I don't care if he's sold. Won't lose sleep over it. But it's ridiculous to blame Laca for our current woes FFS.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why did we “have to get top4”? You were probably here moaning about the bum signings but you expect him to get top4 too?

If I remember correctly most of the fan base were giving emery a year of giving the benefit of the doubt. He did a decent job to even be so close. It’s what happened this year that ****ed everything

Last edited:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Why did we “have to get top4” you were probably here moaning about the bum signings but you expect him to get top4 too?

If I remember correctly most of the fan base were giving emery a year of giving the benefit of the doubt. He did a decent job to even be so close. It’s what happened this year that ****ed everything
Most on here were moaning about our bad dealings in the market. All of sudden the narrative changed to "Emery should have finished top four because he had a better team than Wenger"

We were already on a downward spiral before we even signed Laca. We were out of the CL and was getting thumped by the big boys. We Laca joined at a time when it reached the tipping point. I'm not defending him. I don't care if he's sold. Won't lose sleep over it. But it's ridiculous to blame Laca for our current woes FFS.

Well, we then just disagree on this one. I think there are many dots connected by Laca, his lack of movement, his laziness on the field, him being one of the main figures at the club but you get zero leadership feeling from him. One of the finest attack in the league went mid-table level after he became our star player in attack, etc!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Most on here were moaning about our bad dealings in the market. All of sudden the narrative changed to "Emery should have finished top four because he had a better team than Wenger"
Of course, agenda merchants will twist anything to suit their beliefs. Gdeep will have you believe that Wenger left Emery the North London Galacticos and he miserably failed with a world class side.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why did we “have to get top4”? You were probably here moaning about the bum signings but you expect him to get top4 too?

What you on about? we should’ve got top 4 given the position Emery was in.

I was positive about our signings too, first season for Auba, we had Laca, signed a GK, CB, a CM etc.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

I was positive about our signings too, first season for Auba, we had Laca, signed a CB, a CM etc.
Due to the position Emery was in yeh. I mean going into the season and considering we had an injury crisis in January. If another manager had come in maybe they woulda been **** all season with a late push to 7th and you would have had no expectations.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Due to the position Emery was in yeh. I mean going into the season and considering we had an injury crisis in January. If another manager had come in maybe they woulda been **** all season with a late push to 7th and you would have had no expectations.
Before the season I had no expectation for 4th. Was willing to to give him time, until I realised he’s a bum.

This time last year though, we should’ve got 4th. Would’ve been a great first season for Emery and he’d still be here now too.

Would probably have got him Zaha too, who he wanted.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I was positive about our signings too, first season for Auba, we had Laca, signed a GK, CB, a CM etc.
Those CB, GK and CM have widely been regarded as bums by your mates on here

GDeep™

League is very weak
Those CB, GK and CM have widely been regarded as bums by your mates on here
All 3 were received very positively on here when signed. Most of the forum still love Leno and Torreira.

Only one person on here constantly bashes all 3.

I don’t know what this has to do with anything.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Before the season I had no expectation for 4th. Was willing to to give him time, until I realised he’s a bum.

This time last year though, we should’ve got 4th. Would’ve been a great first season for Emery and he’d still be here now too.

Would probably have got him Zaha too, who he wanted.
You can't deny that he exceeded expectations.

Nobody would've believed that in May we'll in a good position to get 3rd. But he ultimately ****ed it up.

But we can never know if Wenger would done better if he was still here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom