<

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Faster and more mobile for starters!

More technical and a better finisher

2. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

He's barely faster, Lacazette isn't fast Giroud is just very slow. I agree with finishing but Giroud has much better technique.

3. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

Don't get this post. Speaks to an agenda or just pure trolling. You made a statement about Lacazettes work rate saying that he is laid back? That is literally the opposite of what he is. Few centre forwards work as hard as him, tracking back into midfield to win the ball back.

Don't understand the hate he gets either. Our away form has more to do with Lacazettes individual performances. We are a much better team with him in it. He was our player of the season ffs. People are forgetting how good he is. It's strange that he gets worse when he is out injured, but other players get better.

Bellerin is the messiah even though people were divided about him before injury.

Holding is flawless and our best centre back even though all of his good performances were in a back 3.

Lacazette made himself unstoppable through performances. His character is undeniable and having him as a centre forward flanked by Auba and Pepe in a fluid front 3 where they can all play along the front line will be devastating.

4. Camron

Camron Established Member

RacingPhoton likes this.
  5. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

6. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

I dont think I ever Saw Giroud dribble...

Giroud was faux strong anyway

7. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

8. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

I feel like he might struggle this season. Tactically it makes sense for Auba to play the CF role and he swaps with Pepe on the right at times but you can’t really do that with Laca.

9. JoaoFelix

JoaoFelix Well-Known Member

Struggle for what?

10. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Struggle to have an impact in most games.

11. Mraven

Mraven Well-Known Member

Unstoppable:lol:

He really had an unstoppable run of not scoring in his last 5 starts last season when one goal was enough for CL football.

And what about his unstoppable away form last season? Or the unstoppable 13 goals as the main striker over a full season...

12. hydrofluoric acid

I rarely come in here in Lacazette threads anymore but every time I take a look I feel sorry for @BigPoppaPump having to deal with all this crap! :lol:

BigPoppaPump and Mraven like this.
  13. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Love the song! One of the best i've heard, fully back lacazette to have a brilliant season for us! One of our best players, if not the best!

14. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

When you realise most people don't think for themselves and just repeat what they hear others say it's much easier to understand.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  15. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Last season in all competitions Lacazette contributed in a goal every 111 minutes, while Auba had it at 99 minutes.

Last season in EPL Lacazette contributed in goal every 119 minutes, while Aubameyang every 101 minutes.

If we take out the 4 penalty goals Auba would have contributed every 119 minutes in EPL. (Lacazette could have scored those too, was good penalty taker in Lyon.) That would be equal numbers in EPL then.

Lacazette scored game-winning goals 9 out of his 13 goals (top performer there along with Salah), while not many away goals.

Love to see how/if he evolves his game again this season.

I urge people to show me if my calculations are wrong, and explain to me how Aubameyang was clearly superior player to Lacazette last season.

Interesting read:

https://footballbh.net/2019/06/04/a...-premier-league-tactical-analysis-statistics/

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Preacher, say yes and JoaoFelix like this.
  16. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

Honestly can't understand how anybody could have a go at Lacazette.

17. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

[​IMG]

Camron, Ricardinho and JoaoFelix like this.
  18. hydrofluoric acid

How much of those minutes are from the wide forward position for Auba?

19. JoaoFelix

JoaoFelix Well-Known Member

How many times Lacazette started on the bench?

20. hydrofluoric acid

[​IMG]

BigPoppaPump, Dj_sds - and say yes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.