• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What’s the difference between Giroud and Lacazette?

It’s funny some rate Lacazette on here but Deschamps stuck with Giroud ahead of Lacazette for that World Cup squad. Giroud was hardly playing for his club in that same year for the lead up to the tournament IIRC.

It makes you wonder.

Just to mention, we spent 12m on Giroud which was decent but Lyon ripped us off for that 50m we spent on Lacazette.
Tbf, Deschamps also dropped Laca for that gimp Gignac, a 30 year bum that plays in the Mexican league :lol:

Hard to know what goes through Deschamps' head

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Tbf, Deschamps also dropped Laca for that gimp Gignac, a 30 year bum that plays in the Mexican league :lol:

Hard to know what goes through Deschamps' head

I think it is related to Laca maybe demanding more, while he easily sulks in bench etc. which is not good for team spirit.

drippin

Points per game? :lol: who the hell comes up with stats like this?

Top strikers are defined by how many goals they score and Lacazette isn’t doing that well:

skysports-graphic-aubameyang_5060419.png

2018/19 season, Lacazette scored 13 goals which is Giroud-esque levels in the PL whilst Aubameyang got 22 goals.

skysports-golden-boot-graphic_4667113.jpg

Even in his first season at Arsenal when Auba joined in January, he was 4 goals short of Lacazette who had a full season. Auba played half the total minutes of Lacazette:

skysports-arsenal-aubameyang_4378372.jpg

Lacazette should be scoring a lot more if he’s this great striker that you think he is. His numbers look pretty average and it doesn’t surprise me as we spent 52m on striker who should be worth 10-15m.

Well the idea is that Auba scores from the wing while Laca drops deeper. This results in less goals for Laca. Also assists are very important for scoring you know?

But I won't continue on this more if you think Lacazette was worth 10-15 million, or even now is with 2 years on contract. That is just ridiculous. For that money we will definitely keep him until his contract runs out, hope you enjoy it.

The fact is that they have had very similar points per game ratio in EPL without penalties (which both are very good at scoring).

Also I don't think he is a great striker, very good one yes. Auba is level or two above.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think it is related to Laca maybe demanding more, while he easily sulks in bench etc. which is not good for team spirit.

That’s the most pathetic excuse I’ve heard.

:facepalm:

Lacazette would have happily sat on the bench and been a team mascot if he could get a World Cup medal.

What has he really won to decline an opportunity of going to a WC?

drippin

That’s the most pathetic excuse I’ve heard.

Lacazette would have happily sat on the bench and been a team mascot if he could get a World Cup medal.

What has he really won to decline an opportunity of going to a WC?

A player basically cannot decline an opportunity (and an idiot would if it was France for example), it is the head coach/manager who decides who he chooses.

This is just speculation on why would he choose Gignac over Laca. Naturally in real life managers have to design the team thinking about many factors and personalities.

Knowing Laca's tendencies to sulk when things don't go his way, I think this is very logical explanation for choosing Gignac. While I think Laca might have demanded more than just sitting on a bench.

What is your explanation for it?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Well the idea is that Auba scores from the wing while Laca drops deeper. This results in less goals for Laca. Also assists are very important for scoring you know?

Your whole theory is irrelevant.

Aubameyang has been a deadly goal scorer before he joined Arsenal and that will continue whether Lacazette is here or not. He doesn’t need Lacazette like you’re suggesting.

Stick Eddie Nketiah upfront and Aubameyang would still have 20+ goals a season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Laca should have been called up to Euro 2016, would have backed him to score that chance Gimp-nac missed before Portugal scored.

drippin

Your whole theory is irrelevant.

Aubameyang has been a deadly goal scorer before he joined Arsenal and that will continue whether Lacazette is here or not. He doesn’t need Lacazette like you’re suggesting.

Stick Eddie Nketiah upfront and Aubameyang would still have 20+ goals a season.

I haven't suggested he needs Lacazette, where did you read that?

Your whole post makes no sense in this discussion and replies to zero points I made.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Points per game? :lol: who the hell comes up with stats like this?

Top strikers are defined by how many goals they score and Lacazette isn’t doing that well:

skysports-graphic-aubameyang_5060419.png

2018/19 season, Lacazette scored 13 goals which is Giroud-esque levels in the PL whilst Aubameyang got 22 goals.

skysports-golden-boot-graphic_4667113.jpg

Even in his first season at Arsenal when Auba joined in January, he was 4 goals short of Lacazette who had a full season. Auba played half the total minutes of Lacazette:

skysports-arsenal-aubameyang_4378372.jpg

Lacazette should be scoring a lot more if he’s this great striker that you think he is. His numbers look pretty average and it doesn’t surprise me as we spent 52m on striker who should be worth 10-15m.

Jeez. 29 to 12 goals. **** me. Only @drippin with his noncery points per game could find a way to even that out.

drippin

And if you only put Nketiah up front, I'm pretty sure Auba won't renew. He wants a great effort for top 4 next season so he can get his last years in UCL.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I haven't suggested he needs Lacazette, where did you read that?

You’re mentioning the reason why Lacazette isn’t scoring is because he’s dropping deep which enables Auba to score more goals.

That’s the biggest waffle I’ve heard in a long time. Lacazette can barely even run ffs and you’re saying he’s being hindered somehow.

drippin

For your info, Nketiah has a point per 316 minutes in EPL this season. 2 goals, 0 assists. More than double worse than Lacazette.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
peak level @Troopz here comparing goals over 3700 mins played to goals over 2500 mins played

It is true Laca is dropping deeper and working harder for the team allowing Auba and Pepe to slide inside.

Laca does a job for the team, you're the type of guy who doesn't rate Firmino because he scored one goal at home all season.

AndStill

What is this madness I'm reading. Laca isn't fit to lace Auba's boots, sorry but that's the truth.

We are not rich, we cannot afford to have such an expensive player occupying an important position. What £50M + player cannot even run for 90 mins ffs?! Sell him now while he has some value left and reinvest.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Well he wasn't was he. He was taken out for a couple of games then when everyone realised Eddie is trash Laca was put back in and started hitting form.

Jeez, point being it's Laca's own fault for being crap that he didn't play 3700 minutes or whatever. Would never have reached Auba's 29 goals anyway.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What is this madness I'm reading. Laca isn't fit to lace Auba's boots, sorry but that's the truth.
People just want an excuse to bash Lacazette I’m not really sure why he’s been pitted against Auba. Makes no sense but whatever. You guys can enjoy.

Think Laca getting sold anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom