• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
People just want an excuse to bash Lacazette I’m not really sure why he’s been pitted against Auba. Makes no sense but whatever. You guys can enjoy.

Think Laca getting sold anyways.

Because @drippin with his horrendous point per game crap somehow managed to bring Auba down to Laca's level.

AndStill

People just want an excuse to bash Lacazette I’m not really sure why he’s been pitted against Auba. Makes no sense but whatever. You guys can enjoy.

Think Laca getting sold anyways.

Well it actually does make sense my man. He was brought in as a ST to score goals hence he is compared to the other ST at the club who is of similar age and experience.

If you think his work rate and assists are why we need him, there are better options who can do that. If you want him for goals, there are better goal scorers. If you want him as a back up - well we can sell and reinvest rather than have a £50m asset sit on the bench. I think he will be sold too for the reasons I've just explained.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Because @drippin with his horrendous point per game crap somehow managed to bring Auba down to Laca's level.
Think he was just trying to illustrate that Laca isn’t as bad as some of you think.

It was a mistake bringing Auba’s name into it though just gave haters ammunition/a chance to miss the point.

Furious

Think he was just trying to illustrate that Laca isn’t as bad as some of you think.

It was a mistake bringing Auba’s name into it though just gave haters ammunition/a chance to miss the point.

You just cried about why Auba was brought in mate. I gave you the reason.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I’m not sure why he gets so much hate. When I looked into proof as to why Lacazette sh*ts all over Giroud, I was actually impressed by some of his stats. Particularly his first 2 seasons here.

Not gonna pretend he’s World Class at all but he’s actually one of the better strikers in Europe. Not surprised at all he’s supposedly in demand.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You said this:

So, I am just saying why it was brought up, but you go on all defensive about him as usual.
I said I’m not really sure cause nobody in the right mind would try to say Lacazette is better or on similar levels as Aubameyang :lol:

I read the post and I didn’t see that, but obviously you guys saw it as that kinda comparison.
Lacazette is one of our most accurate/clinical strikers we’ve had in a while - going by what he’s done in relation to the minutes he’s played. He had a bad season but I don’t fully get the hate. I swear you’re a Xhaka apologist or something? You’re worse than me.

Furious

I said I’m not really sure cause nobody in the right mind would try to say Lacazette is better or on similar levels as Aubameyang :lol:

I read the post and I didn’t see that, but obviously you guys saw it as that kinda comparison.
Lacazette is one of our most accurate/clinical strikers we’ve had in a while - going by what he’s done in relation to the minutes he’s played. He had a bad season but I don’t fully get the hate. I swear you’re a Xhaka apologist or something? You’re worse than me.

Then why the f would you(he) bring those utterly ridiculous point per game up? :lol:

If you want to go that route, Giroud was averaging 75 minutes per g/a the season before we bought Laca but you say he's crap compared to him? Yet you Laca crybabies use those same minutes metrics to enhance Laca's contributions.

It's pretty ridiculous at this point. Auba is superb, Laca and Giroud are both average. End of story.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

It's pretty ridiculous at this point. Auba is superb, Laca and Giroud are both average. End of story.
This. You shouldn't knock down Laca just to hype up Giroud as has been done all season

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Maybe we should not argue about Aubameyang/Giroud/Lacazette.

To have 6 Iniesta/Fabregas up front would be great. ;)

Who cares about individual goals if we have complete control of the game?

By having 99% possession, you create tonnes of chances, the team will scores a lot. Don’t really need a goal scorer.:)

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Maybe we should not argue about Aubameyang/Giroud/Lacazette.

To have 6 Iniesta/Fabregas up front would be great. Who cares about individual goals if we have complete control of the game? By having 99% possession, you create tonnes of chances, the team will scores a lot. Don’t really need a goal scorer.
You have issues man :lol:
You must have loved tika taka era for sure.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Are you stupid? I said Auba is level or two above Laca when Troopz said he is "very average" & worth 10-15 million.

I just brought up his stats and playing time for people to realize, that even with a bad season he contributed surprisingly well.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m not sure why he gets so much hate. When I looked into proof as to why Lacazette sh*ts all over Giroud, I was actually impressed by some of his stats. Particularly his first 2 seasons here.

Not gonna pretend he’s World Class at all but he’s actually one of the better strikers in Europe. Not surprised at all he’s supposedly in demand.

He gets hate because he is our second most expensive ever signing, and is rightfully held to that standard.

Despite what people think, he was signed as a goalscorer. Wenger always wanted his number 9 to primary be a goalscorer. He is not a "false 9" or firmino type player, and never has been. His biggest strength is his shooting in and around the box, not his hold up play, which is quite average. His lack of physical presence prevents him from being an effective lone CF.

That being said, I think he'd be a useful player in a team that plays with a front 2. A lot of his best performances at Arsenal were in Emerys 3412 when he had Auba directly next to him, and a somewhat competent Özil behind him. This let him focus solely on play in and around the box (Auba provided the space), where he is strongest.

Furious

Are you stupid? I said Auba is level or two above Laca when Troopz said he is "very average" & worth 10-15 million.

I just brought up his stats and playing time for people to realize, that even with a bad season he contributed surprisingly well.

Nice try.

He was poor, and was therefore relegated to the bench = thus less minutes, and giving you the chance to bring up those crappy points per game stats or whatever you call them. Which hold very little value as I showed with my Giroud example further up, and @Troopz with a couple of his examples when Auba joined, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom