• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaza

He turns 29 next year. We need to sell. How someone his size can be this slow is surprising.
At this stage, we should sell both him and Auba and replace with a LW like Olmo and a ST like Moussa Dembele/Haaland with Martinelli as back up.
It pains me to admit I once overrated his link up play. Is it really worth giving him a 200k contract?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Laca working his ass off. :rofl::lol::rofl:

Why am I laughing?
Not sure why you are laughing. He might not have the talent you deem good enough but he certainly is a workhorse. Posts like this are why you have no credibility. It is fine to dislike Laca but you're actually trying too hard here and it is fairly obvious.

Reactions: roz

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Not sure why you are laughing. He might not have the talent you deem good enough but he certainly is a workhorse. Posts like this are why you have no credibility. It is fine to dislike Laca but you're actually trying too hard here and it is fairly obvious.

I think it's to do with the twerker thing marky mark. Twerking, working your ass off, geddit? Nothing to do with his work rate. Of course, I could be wrong.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think it's to do with the twerker thing marky mark. Twerking, working your ass off, geddit? Nothing to do with his work rate. Of course, I could be wrong.
Pretty sure it is not. Have a look in this thread. Daily appearance from Hydro to rip the player off even if he hasn't played. EVERY SINGLE DAY...

OmegaOs

Apparently, since Lacazette has been back in the first team we havem't won a game in 2 months in the premier league First game he's been dropped in the league and we won. Makes you think, doesn't it.

OmegaOs

So yeah, I've done a bit of research. The last game we won in the premier league was Bournemouth at home, which was 1-o. Since Lacazette has come back we've lost to Sheffield United, Leicteser and Brighton and we have drawn against Palace, Southampton and Norwich.
First time we've won a game and Lacazette had 0 minutes on the pitch. Obviously, correlation is not causation but we can't deny there's a link. Our one time player of the season last season, may be one of our biggest problems this season.

Remember when Ramsey was world class at 13/14, and then the following season he became a big problem to our lack of structure. It happens, sometimes we overrate our players and then normality comes back and show us their true levels. Or maybe the team needs to move forward in a way that Lacazette may not be the best player for that system anymore. This kinda links in with the whole Bellerin thing too. Maybe he's not the same player and currently AMN might be the better choice. It's just a thought

DasBootist

So yeah, I've done a bit of research. The last game we won in the premier league was Bournemouth at home, which was 1-o. Since Lacazette has come back we've lost to Sheffield United, Leicteser and Brighton and we have drawn against Palace, Southampton and Norwich.
First time we've won a game and Lacazette had 0 minutes on the pitch. Obviously, correlation is not causation but we can't deny there's a link. Our one time player of the season last season, may be one of our biggest problems this season.

Remember when Ramsey was world class at 13/14, and then the following season he became a big problem to our lack of structure. It happens, sometimes we overrate our players and then normality comes back and show us their true levels. Or maybe the team needs to move forward in a way that Lacazette may not be the best player for that system anymore. This kinda links in with the whole Bellerin thing too. Maybe he's not the same player and currently AMN might be the better choice. It's just a thought
Dropping David Luiz probably had a larger say on Arsenal winning a league game than Lacazette not playing.

David Luiz has made several errors leading 2 goals conceded, whereas Lacazette, the guy you scapegoated as Arsenal's Achilles heel, has a respectable 5 goals in 8 starts.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Apparently, since Lacazette has been back in the first team we havem't won a game in 2 months in the premier league First game he's been dropped in the league and we won. Makes you think, doesn't it.

Only if you're extremely bored.

Look, I'm not Lacazette's biggest fan but he's not responsible for our car crash of a midfield, snail-paced build up play and general lack of defensive discipline.

In that win we probably played for 60 minutes, worse football than at any point Lacazette has been on the pitch in the past two months against an opponent that has suffered 7 defeats in 9 games and who imploded for a 10 minute spell after conceding.

There will be a place for Lacazette, I just don't think he's good enough to warrant Auba playing on the wing or Martinelli sitting on the bench.

DasBootist

Lacazette hate is getting absurd atm, sure he hasn't been great this season and probably deservers a couple of games on the bench but as it stands he has a better goal contributions per minutes ratio than Auba. 5 goals/1 assist in 666 mins vs 11 goals/1 assist in 1440 mins in the prem.
You made a mistake with your calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom