• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Benzema has played a more creative role though, he’s not just a CF. Shifted out wide too. Played in a team accommodated for Ronaldo.

Would say he’s one of the most versatile strikers of his generation. Would say Firminio isn’t 25% of what Benzema is/was.

45 goals and assists in 60 games since Ronaldo left btw.

Think it's a skewed comparison. Firmino is/was an attacking mid put into a creative false 9 role in his latter Hoffenheim and Liverpool days. He's not a "born and bred" striker like Benzema is. Benzema on the other hand is just that and he's shown that over the years. His scoring is exceptional even when in a Ronaldo team, and he's accommodated well to that. Firmino is more about being a pivot, Benzema during Ronaldo was more of a second striker. Think they're really not alike that much.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Firmino is better than Lacazette admittedly, but Benzema is definitely better than Firmino, one of my fav forwards that never played for Arsenal is Karim!

JoaoFelix

I
Firmino is better than Lacazette admittedly, but Benzema is definitely better than Firmino, one of my fav forwards that never played for Arsenal is Karim!
it shouldn’t be a debate. Klopp himself advised Firmino to watch Benzema videos. Benzema is the heartbeat of Real Madrid, he’s literally the most important player in this team. I’m not talking about goals but his contribution off the ball is literally better than Firmino and let’s not talk about his stats. Benzema is one of the greatest striker of the last decade. I love Firmino but they don’t play on the same table.

JoaoFelix

Zidanesque performance in the UCl final against LIVERPOOL. Watch this video and tell me again Firmino is better. Lol

#Davido

Comparing Firmino to Benzema is a bit like comparing Cesc Fabregas to Vieira.

I like Firmino as a player but underrated? If anything he’s become slightly overrated. The system at Liverpool makes him look better than he really is imho. Same goes for half of their team. Klopp really has worked wonders over there.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I'd take Lewandowski over all 3. One of the most complete strikers I've ever seen.

And the third highest scoring striker of the last decade just behind Messi and Ronaldo, with a pretty decent game/goal ratio, too. But will always be a bit tainted for not having won a big, big trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom