• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Here is an article as proof of the money. Do you agree that when you have more money, you can buy better players? Do you agree better players make better teams? Do you agree better teams in a league make the league tougher?

Also in Premier League there is a clear top 6, in other league's there is like top 2-3. This means tougher league.

And as we have seen in this window, smaller clubs ask ridiculous prices for players, because they can and don't want to risk dropping from the league to worse money.

"The Premier League’s 20 clubs made record revenues of £4.827bn in 2017‑18, paying total wages of £2.8bn, the Guardian’s annual analysis of the clubs’ most recently published annual accounts has revealed.

Their combined income, in the second year of the league’s £8.4bn TV deals from 2016-19, confirms the Premier League’s financial dominance over all other leagues in Europe, which has underpinned four of its clubs claiming all the places in next week’s finals of the Champions and Europa League.

Spain’s La Liga declared this month record combined revenues of €4.48bn (£3.86bn), for all 42 clubs in its two divisions for 2017-18, almost £1bn less than the Premier League’s alone. The German Bundesliga announced similar record revenues, €4.42bn (£3.88bn) for all 36 clubs in its two divisions."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...d-48bn-revenues-widens-gap-la-liga-bundesliga

All you've proven is that the league generates more in revenue. I don't necessarily agree that more money = better and/or tougher, I think this is something you'd have to prove rather than just asserting it.

I feel like there's a number of variables that could affect this, but sure if you think more money = tougher league then have at it. It might be the case, but it might not be as well.

Perhaps define terms first - how do you define "tough" in the context of a league?

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

All you've proven is that the league generates more in revenue. I don't necessarily agree that more money = better and/or tougher, I think this is something you'd have to prove rather than just asserting it.

I feel like there's a number of variables that could affect this, but sure if you think more money = tougher league then have at it. It might be the case, but it might not be as well.

Perhaps define terms first - how do you define "tough" in the context of a league?

Hmm, I don't understand how you can't agree that when a league has a lot more money, they get better teams. Better teams mean tougher league to perform.

Look at Celtic. They are going for 10iar, not much revenue for others. One gets to UCL and others don't get money anywhere, even from TV rights. They win easily.

It's easier for a striker to score and assist in that kind of team and situation, than when top 6 is much more equal, and also lesser teams have so much money that they don't have to sell their best players.

In Italy Juve gets best players even for free, same for Bayern. Much more unbalanced league. This year Palace wanted 100 million for Zaha, and didn't budge.

You can try to explain, or not, it's not a big deal to me. Just common sense. I don't need to prove Premier League is the toughest league in the world. I don't care, it's just the league I watch most. I'm not even British.

And those others league's are very good also, and not easy. I haven't said that. Just some difference in my view.

drippin

And you don't have to take my word for it. Maybe a guy who has won the title in 3 top leagues can convince you a bit better.

Guardiola:

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola insists the Premier League is the toughest competition in the world.

"There are many contenders. No other country has that. It would be unfair to say that though."

https://ronaldo.com/football-news/guardiola-calls-premier-league-the-toughest-competition/

"It is the toughest league I've ever played as a manager - there are no doubts."

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1210782

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
For some reason you don't seem keen to define your terms, using better/tougher interchangeably so I don't think we're going to have a productive discussion so I'm out.

drippin

For some reason you don't seem keen to define your terms, using better/tougher interchangeably so I don't think we're going to have a productive discussion so I'm out.

I think it's pretty obvious what I mean and what Pep means, but it's all good.

Preacher

Always Crying
Let’s be honest his goal was terrible goal keeping.
HfznB9u.gif

drippin

Let’s be honest his goal was terrible goal keeping.

I hope you catch the train someday!

giphy.gif

Great goal from Laca, pushed it from nothing. Not amazing performance overall, but solid. Whole team was bad after 1-0 goal in first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom