• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Ok so why do we never play the ball in behind for Laca to run on to? Why has he got next to no goals for us running in behind? Why did Nketiah get a ball played in behind the first chance when he came on yet before that we hadn't played a single ball in behind for Laca?
Origi is quicker than both Mane and Salah, in fact he is the quickest player at Liverpool according to those stats and he's the same. Always to feet and never in behind. Just because you have pace doesn't mean it's you default play style. If that were the case we'd have gone with Kos and Jenko up top and played balls in behind for them.

DZAtgG2WAAUhCpK.jpg

You’re reaching with this my guy. Their first touch, speed of thought, strength, acceleration and yes finishing, are all in another stratosphere to Lacazette. You’re telling big fat lies if you say you wouldn’t swap either of them for him in a heartbeat.
Reaching for what exactly? Someone made a claim and I'm simply correcting that it's not factually correct. It's not my problem if people's erroneous perceptions don't line up with reality.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
To break these down you have to know more than just a km/hr figure.

Whats the distance? Is it just a top speed clocked? An average? How long taken to reach top speed / how long maintained?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
According to this Lacazette clocks in at 9.30 meters per second.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/418192/arsenal-speed-test-sokratis-aubameyang/#

And here Salah and Mane are clocked at top speed of 20.9 and 21.4 miles per hour.

https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.c...ague-joe-gomez-virgil-van-dijk-mohammed-salah

Converting those to meters per second like Laca gives us 9.34 and 9.56 respectively.

And bear in mind that's not even Laca's top speed whilst it is Salah and Mane's.

I think just watching them play it is clear Mane and Salah are much faster than Laca, definitely when it comes to acceleration. Both of them can leave even fairly quick defenders for dead. Laca by comparison can't out sprint most defenders if it just came to a foot race.

You are right about the other point. Not every forward is looking to play on the last shoulder. Also do people really think Laca had decided to drop deeper to collect the ball against Arteta's instructions? If Arteta wanted him to be constantly making runs behind their defence and he was ignoring that, he wouldn't have started so many games. Auba is willing to run behind the defence all the time. Yet Arteta didn't go for that option, meaning he wants his CF to do a different role than just trying to get on the end of through balls.

Whether Laca is doing a good job of this particular role is another matter.

Last edited:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Do I have speed gun date that shows they are exactly the same pace on the dot? No of course not, but any difference in speed between them is not as big as you are making out. Certainly not to amount for the goal difference you are alluding to here.

It's a huge difference.

No way Laca scores that goal Salah scored today for example.

He can't run in behind nor get away from defenders because of poor movement/lack of speed.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Origi is quicker than both Mane and Salah, in fact he is the quickest player at Liverpool according to those stats and he's the same. Always to feet and never in behind. Just because you have pace doesn't mean it's you default play style. If that were the case we'd have gone with Kos and Jenko up top and played balls in behind for them.

DZAtgG2WAAUhCpK.jpg

Reaching for what exactly? Someone made a claim and I'm simply correcting that it's not factually correct. It's not my problem if people's erroneous perceptions don't line up with reality.

You've lost your mind

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think just watching them play it is clear Mane and Salah are much faster than Laca, definitely when it comes to acceleration. Both of them can leave even fairly quick defenders for dead. Laca by comparison can't out sprint most defenders if it just came to a foot race.

You are right about the other point. Not every forward is looking to play on the last shoulder. Also do people really think Laca had decided to drop deeper to collect the ball against Arteta's instructions? If Arteta wanted him to be constantly making runs behind their defence and he was ignoring that, he wouldn't have started so many games. Auba is willing to run behind the defence all the time. Yet Arteta didn't go for that option, meaning he wants his CF to do a different role than just trying to get on the end of through balls.

Whether Laca is doing a good job of this particular role is another matter.

I agree with all the above.

Acceleration is generally more important than top speed in football. Sterling isn’t anywhere near most defenders at the top of those top speed tests but his low centre of gravity, close control and agility mean that he’s capable of beating them regularly with his short bursts of speed and manoeuvrability.

Lacazette struggles to maintain balance when he changes direction, and that affects his ability to execute accurate shots without falling over.

It’s difficult to watch him at the moment.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Laca is definitely slower than he was when he first came here.

He’s never been the fastest but he’s actually slow now.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
It's a huge difference.

No way Laca scores that goal Salah scored today for example.

He can't run in behind nor get away from defenders because of poor movement/lack of speed.
You've lost your mind
You're arguing against demonstrable facts here. Numbers aren't the problem, it's your clearly incorrect visual interpretation of pace.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

You're arguing against demonstrable facts here. Numbers aren't the problem, it's your clearly incorrect visual interpretation of pace.

The players who play with him and three successive managers who have coached him seem to have the same interpretation as us...

Kysus

DZAtgG2WAAUhCpK.jpg

Dude you realize topspeed measurement is utterly meaningless right?

They measured that in one of our games back then and Alexis was slower than Mertesacker....

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Dude you realize topspeed measurement is utterly meaningless right?

They measured that in one of our games back then and Alexis was slower than Mertesacker....
In a single game yes it might be meaningless, but across every single game over a 4 year period? Yeah no.

Kysus

In a single game yes it might be meaningless, but across every single game over a 4 year period? Yeah no.

Did you ever play football?
I have done tests myself. Multiple "slow" players who never stood a chance against me on the pitch(pace wise) completely DESTROYED me over 100m due to way superior high speed.
In a game that however was meaningless, accleration is what it is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom