• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Had a good season Laca considering we've been so poor. I wouldn't be rushing to extend him but I also don't mind if we keep him till his contract runs out.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
However, even though I think he's been a good servant for us overall, it would be wise to cash in on him this summer. Lets say if we get 15m for him we would making upwards of 20m considering the transfer fee + a years wages.

I am totally against giving players of this age contracts nowadays. If we haven't learnt from Özil Auba Willian etc then I'm done. It's almost guaranteed there will be a drop off. Anyway I'm just enjoying his performances for now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He need 2 more goals beat his best ever tally with us 19 goals. He having positive season and he reaching the goals we as fans expected him to do 20-25 goals a season.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

However, even though I think he's been a good servant for us overall, it would be wise to cash in on him this summer. Lets say if we get 15m for him we would making upwards of 20m considering the transfer fee + a years wages.

I am totally against giving players of this age contracts nowadays. If we haven't learnt from Özil Auba Willian etc then I'm done. It's almost guaranteed there will be a drop off. Anyway I'm just enjoying his performances for now.
Yeah I have to agree.

Again I really have no issues with Lacazette, I've never really hated him, I thought he was overall an ok (and just ok) signing before this season but he has really stepped up of late, he'd been good.

But I would never offer him a new contract and I'd see his performances as a way to boost his price.

He will be 30 this May, will likely demand atleast the same wages (as he's on now, around 160k if memory serves correct) if not, then atleast in the same ballpark and we've already signed on Auba.

Let it go, and use the money wisely to re-invest.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Can we not just enjoy the fact that he is fulfilling his role as CF?

Yes we all know it's common sense not to extend him even Arteta knows it, and pours cold water on it every time it's brought up.

Contracts getting handed left and right to our younger players should have been the blatant obvious clue.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Can we not just enjoy the fact that he is fulfilling his role as CF?

Yes we all know it's common sense not to extend him even Arteta knows it, and pours cold water on it every time it's brought up.

Contracts getting handed left and right to our younger players should have been the blatant obvious clue.
Yes he having very positive season and good for us because auba isn't and was important he responded in last 2 games after his miss in 1st leg.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Good that he is ending the season well. We need to cash in on him and this is the perfect opportunity.

Good finish today but before that he was ok only for me. But did well to come deep a lot of times though.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Good that he is ending the season well. We need to cash in on him and this is the perfect opportunity.

Good finish today but before that he was ok only for me. But did well to come deep a lot of times though.
That something laca can do very well him coming deep will free ESR saka pepe that only strikers like laca can do that auba will never capable doing that because he doesn't have workrate

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
It's just unfair how good our players can play, when they are playing for a new contract 😭
Wish they could always play like this.

Think we just should give 1-2 years contract, so they will always play for a contract.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's not world class, but as a footballer he's a little underrated tbh...people really think he's terrible :lol:

Remember when we signed him, some of his link up play with Sanchez and Özil was quality...this is probably the first time we have had proper footballers in attack around him since then, gets the best out of him.

You can tell he really cares about playing for us too, I like that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think he’ll see his deal out and become a free agent. That will allow him a nice sign on fee to finish off his career.

Had a good season I think, don’t forget Arteta dropped him after he scored 3 in 3 to start the season, don’t know where this narrative of him playing for a new contract comes from.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Had a good season I think, don’t forget Arteta dropped him after he scored 3 in 3 to start the season, don’t know where this narrative of him playing for a new contract comes from.

dropped him for this imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom