• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I love him and I would keep him. He is much more than just a goal scorer. His link up play is very good, he holds up the ball, he can pass. He find good positions off the ball works hard defensively. Most important of all he has passion. He is always up for the game, always gives everything on the pitch and he is a very decent guy.

He has guts, brain and skill, what else can you ask for in a footballer?

Love the sexy gunner.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If he played in those Giroud teams he would be considered a mini legend I think, he would’ve out scored Giroud. Those teams were full of creative talent putting chances on a plate.

Laca and Auba are playing in a bum team.
1509017791-gettyimages-500100092.jpg

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why?

As a black player you would rather play for Slavia than Chelsea, or Millwall or most of the lower leagues considering the history and culture.
No, that’s just not true man. In England and especially London their personal lives are 10x less effected by being a minority. England despite its limitations is progressive compared to the likes of Croatia. Mainly because this country has had more time living with other cultures to realise some things at least.

Even though Chelsea is quite a scummy club in terms of their fans, I think there’s enough of a protective barrier between their players and the racism for them to feel comfortable. Especially living in one of the most multi cultural cities in the world. Meanwhile the black players for Slavia get caught up in this weird scenario where their player is racially abusing a black player, their fans are holding up racist banners in reply, and their club are overall being quite poor in their handling of the situation. So in a team like this in a situation like this the racism is permeating much more. And that’s before we delve into their personal lives living in these countries. I loosely remember the Zenit official fan group writing an open letter to the club explaining they don’t want black people playing for them, imagine what effect that has on the players and their families.

People complain about police in the U.K. but it’s even worse in countries like Czechia and let’s say Croatia (I’m basically white but we ran into issues with police there because we had a few black people in the group).

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It has to be Laca or Auba really and the latter is the captain and our highest earner. Laca will probably be sold.

mirrorstare

Have no problem at all selling everyone to keep him, he deserved it

Is he playing for a new contract? Well maybe if we get a proper manager that can motivate players to achieve glory instead of raising their wages we can solve out that issue. It has never been an interesting argument anyway

Iceman10

Established Member
It has to be Laca or Auba really and the latter is the captain and our highest earner. Laca will probably be sold.

I think in the end we will fold and renew. Laca has stepped up to partially make up for a patchy season for Auba. There has been PR over the last few weeks as to how pivotal Laca is in the dressing room. Someone has been putting that out to push the case for renewal, and in fairness Laca did look like a proper leader on the pitch against Slavia, esp. with the brave confrontation of racism just prior to kick off. Balogun's contract renewal might just be on the basis of a shared agent with Eddie, knowing Eddie will be sold and nothing more than that. I've softened my stance on Laca now to neutral. Whatever the club decides, it is a decision I can go with either way.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think in the end we will fold and renew. Laca has stepped up to partially make up for a patchy season for Auba. There has been PR over the last few weeks as to how pivotal Laca is in the dressing room. Someone has been putting that out to push the case for renewal, and in fairness Laca did look like a proper leader on the pitch against Slavia, esp. with the brave confrontation of racism just prior to kick off. Balogun's contract renewal might just be on the basis of a shared agent with Eddie, knowing Eddie will be sold and nothing more than that. I've softened my stance on Laca now to neutral. Whatever the club decides, it is a decision I can go with either way.
I was just about to comment in similar manner. Either way I'm okay. I understand the club if they don't want Laca to block youth, or need some younger player like Edouard. But I can also understand renewing him very well.

It's a bit tough with Auba, while we need one Laca-type striker against busses. He is the only one we got, maybe Balogun, but he is totally unproven and cannot be trusted.

Not sure if they might let him leave for free even. Depends on the offers they get.

Iceman10

Established Member
I was just about to comment in similar manner. Either way I'm okay. I understand the club if they don't want Laca to block youth, or need some younger player like Edouard. But I can also understand renewing him very well.

It's a bit tough with Auba, while we need one Laca-type striker against busses. He is the only one we got, maybe Balogun, but he is totally unproven and cannot be trusted.

Not sure if they might let him leave for free even. Depends on the offers they get.

Our ruthless business this summer will be upgrading RB. as well as CM, and a big AMC signing. That's a lot in of itself, even though doing RCB and CF should be under consideration also, but for those two I'm neutral based on how much has to he done (incl. sales), and considering overall upheaval with new players rarely settling immediately.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He's done great this season. It's just the timeline is awkward.

If Laca was performing at this level last season it would have been a no brainer to renew him.

It's frustrating because we're probably going to have to sell him, with the knowledge that the guy who replaces him isn't going to be as effective as Laca, at least in the short term.

2 year contract on similar wages. Let's be a bit cheeky and see if we can get him to stick around a bit longer. Though he'll 95% not be up for it on those terms, which is understandable.

After that fails you reluctantly sell in the summer I feel.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If he played in those Giroud teams he would be considered a mini legend I think, he would’ve out scored Giroud. Those teams were full of creative talent putting chances on a plate.

Laca and Auba are playing in a bum team.
Where were you in those Giroud vs Lacazette debates? Agreed but glad someone else other than me saying this.

I think the right decision is to sell him though, he's turned into a scapegoat and it's time to see how true the accusations of him holding us back really are.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Giroud's one of them that is an unselfish striker. The goals he scores don't tell you the full story. For a big man his deftness of touch on the ball and link up play are excellent. I'm imagine he's a dream to play with. Erratic in front of goal though. He'll miss a simple 5 yard tap in and then blast in a 20 yard scissor kick.

Laca's definitely a better pure goal scorer. Though his all around game has come on well he's still a couple of levels below Giroud in that department, I feel.

Similar levels overall though. Above average strikers without being WC. Both will probably end up being divisive figures that are underrated at the end of their careers. Maybe with the exception of Giroud's record with the French national team, which is excellent.

Personally I'd give Giroud the slight edge.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Where were you in those Giroud vs Lacazette debates? Agreed but glad someone else other than me saying this.

I think the right decision is to sell him though, he's turned into a scapegoat and it's time to see how true the accusations of him holding us back really are.
Don’t think I got involved in those debates much other than say Giroud was maybe better than I thought.

On Laca, hard to see a sale with COVID affecting the market. A club has to make a good enough bid that we can sell and adequately replace, I’m not sure that’s possible.

Melquiades

Yes we can. Have you not learned from Wilian, Özil and Auba?

Let him play out his contract and extend him next Summer 2022. Let him earn his one year extensions like Bergkamp use to do.

This 100%

Selling a guy who has been outstanding this year and replacing him with a question mark is a bad idea.

Extending a guy into his 30s before you need to is a bad idea.

Let him play out the contract and see what happens.

If we sell him this summer, we have to replace him so we're not really saving anything.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Feel Laca would have had a quality partnership with Sanchez if they played together longer.

Giroud was a good striker, but didn't really fit the team we had when he played for us tbh, especially as a starter.

Man how quickly the tone change on this forum. Before Sheff and Slavia, two terrible teams everyone wanted him out. Now people talking about him as a mini legend. Replacing Henry statue with Laca statue, etc. This forum never stops to surprise me.

He has been bad for the most part of this season. Nice patches here and there but mostly very bad. Sometimes up to tolerated levels. But most of the time down to being absolute horseshit on the field. I still admit he has been good with Saka and ESR, probably his only worth to the team if we consider keeping him next year.

Hopefully, he can finish the season strongly and we can get some value for him in the summer. No matter what you think of Laca, rate him or not, we have to start getting some value for our players instead of keeping them for too long on to big contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom