• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He got 16 goals and 2 assists last season (league + Europe). That's in 2400 minutes. That's a decent season on top of which he worked really hard for the team, linked play well and had no creativity for half the season when we played without an AM or with Auba out on the wing.

Don't think he's been a flop signing for us at all. Had a big dip in form last year and now we've got a dilemma about keeping him with Auba recently signed up. Happy to sell and reinvest if a decent offer comes in, otherwise think he will be useful next year and probably have a big season playing for a new contract.

Those are numbers Giroud could have easily achieved had he stayed with us, and right now he's barely good enough for Chelsea. We paid big money to get a sidegrade at best from Giroud, these are the kind of mistakes that have led us to our current state. We cannot complain about the Manchester clubs and Chelsea money doping when we could have easily been more competitive if we were more smart about how we spent our money.

Lacazette is already far overpaid for what he provides, the only way we can offer a new contract to him would be if we ask for a big pay cut.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Those are numbers Giroud could have easily achieved had he stayed with us, and right now he's barely good enough for Chelsea. We paid big money to get a sidegrade at best from Giroud, these are the kind of mistakes that have led us to our current state. We cannot complain about the Manchester clubs and Chelsea money doping when we could have easily been more competitive if we were more smart about how we spent our money.

Lacazette is already far overpaid for what he provides, the only way we can offer a new contract to him would be if we ask for a big pay cut.
The standards for Lacazette are so low, people praise him for what they got mad at Giroud for.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Frankly, I call him a mercenary as he is not worth his wage packet. Because he wont reduce his wage, he cannot move on.
We scouted terribly here.

Even Auba...Cant believe we extended him instead of playing season out, though I rate him much higher for sure based on his past performances for us.

If we can move him on, finally we can free up playing time for Martinelli and Balogun. Hell, evwn a new striker if we go that route.
Eh? That’s hardly his fault. Why on earth should he voluntarily reduce his wages if he’s honouring his contract by showing up to work every day and doing as he’s told.

I’m no Lacazette fan but a mercenary is someone driven by primarily by money over all ethics. You got the wrong one.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Eh? That’s hardly his fault. Why on earth should he voluntarily reduce his wages if he’s honouring his contract by showing up to work every day and doing as he’s told.

I’m no Lacazette fan but a mercenary is someone driven by primarily by money over all ethics. You got the wrong one.
Hell if I was Laca I would even refuse to move and see out my last year and go free somehwere else. A club dont give a fvck about a player they dont want. So the player has every right to make the right decision for himself

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Giroud was so much better. Lacazette only choose us as well because Athletico didnt offer him the wage packet he desired.

For me, he is more a Sylvain Wiltord....never your main man, but can chip in with goals. Unfortunately, we thought we were getter a fox in the box killer.

I consider him Francis Jeffers style player. Need to pay him to leave now unfortunately as no team will give us a transfer fee or him crazy wages.

Arsenal1508

Hell if I was Laca I would even refuse to move and see out my last year and go free somehwere else. A club dont give a fvck about a player they dont want. So the player has every right to make the right decision for himself
Players that play into their 30s play because they continue to perform as a respectable level.

Lacazette will retire in 2 years as he will continue holding out for a contract that he does not deserve. I see him playing out this season, then signing a 1 year contract.

Then he will receive no offers from Europe and might try Middle East or MLS. Some gullible team in MLS will give him a nice contract.

BigPoppaPump

I still can't believe this guy painted Minions and 'Trust The Process' on his boots, this is our senior players. He's not a serious guy that's why he gets benched every season and has terrible runs of form. He went like 3 years without scoring an away goal.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I still can't believe this guy painted Minions and 'Trust The Process' on his boots, this is our senior players. He's not a serious guy that's why he gets benched every season and has terrible runs of form. He went like 3 years without scoring an away goal.

He epitomises our fall over the last 4 years since he joined us. 16-17 we were still fairly competitive and got enough points that would've seen us finish top 4 any other year and won the FA Cup. Once Laca came in as a starter it was us completely done as a competitive club. He just screams mediocrity. He's ok, he can finish chances in the box and works hard but that's it, there's no stand out quality, he's really slow, he's got no physical attributes outwith his booty, he's not prolific and his link up play is incredibly and I mean INCREDIBLY overrated by some on here. If there was a symbol for Arsenal football club over the 4 years it'd be his ugly mug instead of the cannon, how about for our new one it's him being shot out of the cannon.

BigPoppaPump

He epitomises our fall over the last 4 years since he joined us. 16-17 we were still fairly competitive and got enough points that would've seen us finish top 4 any other year and won the FA Cup. Once Laca came in as a starter it was us completely done as a competitive club. He just screams mediocrity. He's ok, he can finish chances in the box and works hard but that's it, there's no stand out quality, he's really slow, he's got no physical attributes outwith his booty, he's not prolific and his link up play is incredibly and I mean INCREDIBLY overrated by some on here. If there was a symbol for Arsenal football club over the 4 years it'd be his ugly mug instead of the cannon, how about for our new one it's him being shot out of the cannon.
The worst part was people convincing themselves he was good even when they were seeing him getting subbed off every game, dropped every season, long runs of bad form, never called up for France, not scoring away from home for like 2 years and just in general looking unfit.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The worst part was people convincing themselves he was good even when they were seeing him getting subbed off every game, dropped every season, long runs of bad form, never called up for France, not scoring away from home for like 2 years and just in general looking unfit.

It's been unbelievable, I've seen them do it with Torreira and Ceballos too, but it's next level with Lacazette, the worst is when he has his annual run of 5 good games where he's scoring and assisting and it's enough for people to go into this thread and go "see look he's not as bad as made out" before his form typically falls off and there's not a peep from these same people. He's mid-table quality, that's that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Remember in his first start for us, a friendly in Australia...Giroud scored, then blanked Laca's high five?

I imagine that caused quite a stir here :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I like Laca. More than aware of his faults. Be pleased when he goes though, as it means there will be marked reduction in people banging on about Giroud :lol:

Wryer

I haven't been on AM for a while. I saw the title and...

Someone please tell me we're now in 2006-2008 when Alex Song was prime-Busquets, and we were gutsy and competitive, despite being in transition.

And covid never happened?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Keep clicking back in this thread nervously as half expecting someone to drop that Giroud dressing room gif in response to a comment. Or maybe deep down I want to see it again. I dunno. Life is confusing sometimes.

Arsenal1508

If Arteta had any guts, he make sure Lacazette stays home. This guy should not be traveling to Florida if we are aggressively trying to get rid of him. He'll, Wilian, Xhaka, and Bellerin too.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If Arteta had any guts, he make sure Lacazette stays home. This guy should not be traveling to Florida if we are aggressively trying to get rid of him. He'll, Wilian, Xhaka, and Bellerin too.
he has a contract and was our best striker last season. You cant just say ok you can go now and he says ok. He has a huge contract which has 1 year left. Either loan him out and pay some of his wages or release him and pay him off his last year. But there is no way a player on his wages is gonna move to take a pay cut. Bellerin is another one we will have to loan out his last year. The club has to take losses or keep them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom