• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
In the EPL IMO there is only kane and cavani who hold the ball better and bring people into play. Both those strikers excell as they have young fast legs around them, at time last season when we played laca with saka and esr we had that. We lacked a clinical edge in the final third but played alot better and the goals came from everywhere.

I do rate bamford for his holdup play, will be interesting to see if he can do it again. He runs the channels well and produces against top teams. If he gets 17 again next season and performs well then i would like to see him given a shot.
Firmino is the comparison i would use. Both will get a similar amount of assists to their goals. Like you said, with young legs around Lacazette, he'll glue the attack together with clever flicks and passes. Really think we should just offload Auba.

Can’t believe we’re doing this Laca is better than Auba stuff again it’s the worst argument ever. Lacazette is just not good people need to stop hyping him Auba is on another level.

Do you mean that the guy who picks minions as his spirit guide is not better than the alpha guy who picks black panther as his spirit guide? Well, color me, shocked mate!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Holy mother of god. I thought his wee annual 5 game run of form fooling people back in January was bad enough but a dummy and a flick in a pre season against the EDL has people calling him better than Auba?????

No one wants to sign this obese oompa loompa, that should tell you everything, after years of people telling me Atletico and Juve will go to war for this ****** here we are no one wants him even at a cut price. Not even Lyon would take him back.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Holy mother of god. I thought his wee annual 5 game run of form fooling people back in January was bad enough but a dummy and a flick in a pre season against the EDL has people calling him better than Auba?????

No one wants to sign this obese oompa loompa, that should tell you everything, after years of people telling me Atletico and Juve will go to war for this ****** here we are no one wants him even at a cut price. Not even Lyon would take him back.
You don't get it. Nobody is saying he's good enough for what we need. What we are saying is he's better for the team, ESR, Saka, Pepe play better with Lacazette than Auba and that is important, we need to get the best out of ESR, Saka and especially Pepe.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Laca is good player. As of now he is better than Abraham we want to spend 40 million on. Atleast he can play with the ball at his feet

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Firmino is the comparison i would use. Both will get a similar amount of assists to their goals. Like you said, with young legs around Lacazette, he'll glue the attack together with clever flicks and passes. Really think we should just offload Auba.
Auba has no build up contribution.
Laca has some simple basic contribution in the general play. Of course laca was always a better player who help the team more. Making the team create more chance.

Not saying auba is any good. Auba contribute nothing in the build up which means we have less control, less chances created, which leads to less goals for the team.

However, what laca does in those contribution I mentioned is at a low level.
Firmino is on another level. He is so much more skillful on the ball. He has higher football IQ and is a much better passer.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The real question is whether we feel we can get near the top with this guy as the main forward. My answer is no. It's like starting with Theo as the main source of goals. You know you can't challenge that way. For the money we paid, he's failed. Not even close to 20 PL goals at any point.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The real question is whether we feel we can get near the top with this guy as the main forward. My answer is no. It's like starting with Theo as the main source of goals. You know you can't challenge that way. For the money we paid, he's failed. Not even close to 20 PL goals at any point.
The problem with lacazette/auba/walcott is not about the number of goals.

How many did Firmino scored?

auba/walcott offers nothing in the build up. laca offers basic simple stuff in the build up. They are too much of a poacher (yes, including laca).

They can’t help the team to control the match. So we create less, and score less as a team. The lost of control also make us playing more deep and make us play ugly direct football.

They are levels below Benzema, Van Persie, Firmino...

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Once the season starts the reality will set in. The guy is done for..

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The problem with lacazette/auba/walcott is not about the number of goals.

How many did Firmino scored?

auba/walcott offers nothing in the build up. laca offers basic simple stuff in the build up. They are too much of a poacher (yes, including laca).

They can’t help the team to control the match. So we create less, and score less as a team. The lost of control also make us playing more deep and make us play ugly direct football.

They are levels below Benzema, Van Persie, Firmino...
I hear you but Firmino isn't the main source of goals at Liverpool. He compliments Mane and Salah. Auba and Theo provide goals and threat respectively whilst all of Laca's attributes can be found in any competent midfielder. Sort out the midfield and Laca is virtually redundant. I would rather go with a limited Auba who is fed by a decent midfield than put Laca in that position with much less assurance of goals or even a shot on target. Laca seems like a Gazidis inspired signing. Non have worked.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
You don't get it. Nobody is saying he's good enough for what we need. What we are saying is he's better for the team, ESR, Saka, Pepe play better with Lacazette than Auba and that is important, we need to get the best out of ESR, Saka and especially Pepe.
We have quite a lot of evidence that esr, saka, Laca, Pepe combinations were our best imo. I don’t think Laca is that good. I’ve already said I think Auba’s done. The way some react here makes it seem like auba’s the head of their church. I’ve got no problem with anyone who thinks Auba’s the better player, over his career he clearly has been and he’s done Arsenal a lot of good. I’ll always like the bloke.

The convo’s pretty toxic and I don’t get it really, surely this type of debate is why you post on a forum? It’s an opportunity to talk to people with different opinions and have fun discussing something we all love and maybe even learn/change the way you think. I know people here have made me think twice.

@BigPoppaPump I thought you liked differing opinions, you told me you respect the Mavericks on this forum and we should be able to question anyone. What happened to that?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I can’t wait until this guy leaves tbh, the moaning.
I mean there’s pretty much solid consistent moaning in a fair few threads here, Xhaka, Pepe, Arteta thread, the list is endless....Giroud was a very high quality legacy moaning thread.

But yeah, people were complaining about Laca before he’d even kicked a ball for us.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Always hype like this in pre-season then he meet real defenders and suck, good big game player though

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I want him gone. He takes away developmental minutes from Martinelli and Balogun. He'll, with him staying...there is also a chance we see that stupid combination of him and Auba.

I am just pray PEA has got his form back this season as last year was a minor blip.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One of the top ten scorers in the league for minutes played. In fact we had two boys in that list. Bale on top.

7-B4-CF07-C-F307-427-D-ABA0-D889-C9-C77-B64.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom