• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I really don't want us to be the ones giving Depay a (well-compensated) platform to re-prove he can't hack it in the PL. Too small, not pacy enough, flair doesn't work against the defensive quality.
He’s not the tallest but he definitely has the build and power to do just fine in the prem. Stocky with low centre of gravity, can play across the front line too. Saying he’s not pacey enough is also funny.

My only concern with him would be injuries, Arsenal would have done well to get him. He can do better though, he has a few options this summer. He would have been at Barcelona if they could have gotten rid of some players.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
He’s not the tallest but he definitely has the build and power to do just fine in the prem. Stocky with low centre of gravity, can play across the front line too. Saying he’s not pacey enough is also funny.

My only concern with him would be injuries, Arsenal would have done well to get him. He can do better though, he has a few options this summer. He would have been at Barcelona if they could have gotten rid of some players.
He’s played in the Prem before though, and though the wasn’t quite the finished article, he wasn’t exactly a youth player either. He wasn’t able to beat people with tricks or pace then, and got shipped out of a United side that wasn’t exactly brimming with attacking talent at the time.

His best year in Ligue 1 (also at age 23) looks a lot like Pepe’s.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s played in the Prem before though, and though the wasn’t quite the finished article, he wasn’t exactly a youth player either. He wasn’t able to beat people with tricks or pace then, and got shipped out of a United side that wasn’t exactly brimming with attacking talent at the time.

His best year in Ligue 1 (also at age 23) looks a lot like Pepe’s.
Zaha and Di Maria never made it at Man U, quality players. Reading too much into that stuff I think, Depay will be fine wherever he goes.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Stop that BS. If your BS is true, then Crouch/Giroud would be world class and Bergkamp/Zola/Suarez/Torres/Firmino/Aguero are shxt. Just fxxking stop BSting.

Messi header vs Ferdinand.

Auba/Laca could practice for another 10 years and they would not be able to do what depay is capable of.
Just a guess, but I don’t think Messi would have been pushed out of a 6th place United side.

The world-class players you’ve listed have other attributes that overcome their physical limitations. Depay has shown he can dominate a second tier league (Eredivisie and now Ligue 1), but wasn’t able to make the next step up the first time around, so I’d be hesitant to get into any sort of bidding war. His Ligue 1 stats look a lot like Pepe’s and we know how that’s going.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Zaha and Di Maria never made it at Man U, quality players. Reading too much into that stuff I think, Depay will be fine wherever he goes.
Zaha was trying to break into a front line with RVP, Rooney, and Falcao, while Di Maria was fantastic until he decided he would throw his toys out of the pram for a PSG move. Depay had two seasons of ample chances and could only get it going against crap EL teams.

I think Depay is a decent player and could potentially come off the bench for a CL side (in Spain or Italy), but I don’t read that much into stats racked up in Ligue 1. Laca was a ~30 league goal player there.

Last edited:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Depay had two seasons of ample chances and could only get it going against crap EL teams.
Van Gaal used him as a left midfielder. He wasn't effective in that position.
At Lyon he's been playing on the wing and even as a CF. You have to know how to get the most out of your players and not waste them in moronic positions.
It's very much a square peg in round hole type of situation.

novar

His form continues, fortunately for us.

Really a shame he couldn't connect the pieces when we had a series of individual moments on the first half, but he once again sparked our best moment in the match on the second and despite being reduced to some primitive hoofing in the end kept fighting and winning fouls

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Anonymous today for the most part.

Yeah this is always the problem with him. He'll go on a wee run, but all of a sudden he'll have one bad game and it'll become a habit, i've seen it too many times with him. Hopefully I'm wrong and he'll be back against Wolves but when you've seen the pattern several times already you begin to expect these things.

Read somewhere in the matchday thread he tried to injure an opposition player. I have had patience with Laca but that is the final straw with me. I don't like players who injure other players.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Read somewhere in the matchday thread he tried to injure an opposition player. I have had patience with Laca but that is the final straw with me. I don't like players who injure other players.

It's absolute bullshit, where does it come from and what situation would it refer to ?

Maguire scenes was clearly not Laca's fault and the Pogba scene was being mentioned as if Laca had done anything wrong whatsoever.
Pogba just jumped into him, laughable if that's what's been referred to.

It's absolute bullshit, where does it come from and what situation would it refer to ?

Maguire scenes was clearly not Laca's fault and the Pogba scene was being mentioned as if Laca had done anything wrong whatsoever.
Pogba just jumped into him, laughable if that's what's been referred to.

Well, I missed the second half because my tv provider decided to go down. But there was some poster in the matchday thread that said something like "Laca doing a Harry Kane now" and if that is true I'm absolutely disgusted by Laca.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not sure why Luiz on his post saying pray for laca. Worked hard today Maguire was fouling him unlucky his free kick not went in

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Well, I missed the second half because my tv provider decided to go down. But there was some poster in the matchday thread that said something like "Laca doing a Harry Kane now" and if that is true I'm absolutely disgusted by Laca.

Oh, that's annoying ! Would be livid.
Nah, utter bollocks, Pogba rather fouled Laca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom