• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The performances are really really good recently but it just looks like he's trying really hard for a new contract, you can just see it. You start hearing "he's been good with the kids recently" and then he gets 'trust the process' boots and starts tryna publicly suck up to Arteta.

It's just a bit too much, and indicates to me that maybe his performances will really drop after he signs on. Its hard to be sure he would sustain this, and we've got done by this kind of thing with enough players.

It would be really wise to make use of Lacazette for the rest of the season and then just cut our losses in the summer. That's what a strong club would do.
I expect him to announce Kia as his new money laund...er I mean agent any day now.

zanziro1

The performances are really really good recently but it just looks like he's trying really hard for a new contract, you can just see it. You start hearing "he's been good with the kids recently" and then he gets 'trust the process' boots and starts tryna publicly suck up to Arteta.

It's just a bit too much, and indicates to me that maybe his performances will really drop after he signs on. Its hard to be sure he would sustain this, and we've got done by this kind of thing with enough players.

It would be really wise to make use of Lacazette for the rest of the season and then just cut our losses in the summer. That's what a strong club would do.

Spot on! This is the same that has happened multiple times in the last couple of years. Players up their game going into their final year, only for us to take the bait. Once signed, they drop down to their normal level. I like Laca, but he is clearly not the answer. We need more from a player that has his wages. Sell in the summer!

Ice cold penalty tho

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s always tried tbh so I don’t think we should take a cynical view towards his form. An extension should be based on the quality the player can provide.

If the club believes there is better in the market then he shouldn’t get renewed simples.

After being under appreciated for years here, I think a new club will be good for him. Arsenal can sign whoever they think they need and he can firm the frustrations of the fanbase for a few years.

Multipass

He does offer something different , worth having in the squad. I would actually prefer him against tough opposition. His hold up play is miles ahead of anyone else we have in the squad. Honestly haven’t seen auba trap a ball played at pace or from distance once this season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think he’ll want a new contract or he’ll see his contract out. Great for him, not great for us.

Been critical of him, but he was good for Wenger and Emery, looking back.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think he’ll want a new contract or he’ll see his contract out. Great for him, not great for us.

Been critical of him, but he was good for Wenger and Emery, looking back.
I think if the right club or Lyon comes in for him he goes tbh.

No offers or poverty clubs, yeah he might sit.

OSBK

Established Member
I would be amazed if he stayed. He has a decent stock holding, in the right league and in the right team he would look very good. With a year left on his deal it would be around the 20-30mill mark.

How are you?

My uncle(we were not that close though) who had neurofibromatosis his whole life and needed to get his left leg removed, died from cancer yesterday at age 27. 2 years before that he had cardiac arrest for like 26 minutes because of blood clots in his lungs. Even in a wheelchair he never let that stop him. You always met him when you went out partying in Vestmannaeyjar and he was learning to become a college teacher.

It reminds me that sometimes there is no need to complain! You could have it so much worse.

How about you? Did you get some long-term covid symptoms or did you escape all that?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He’s always tried tbh so I don’t think we should take a cynical view towards his form. An extension should be based on the quality the player can provide.

If the club believes there is better in the market then he shouldn’t get renewed simples.

After being under appreciated for years here, I think a new club will be good for him. Arsenal can sign whoever they think they need and he can firm the frustrations of the fanbase for a few years.
185K per week...right, be felt underappreciated.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I would be amazed if he stayed. He has a decent stock holding, in the right league and in the right team he would look very good. With a year left on his deal it would be around the 20-30mill mark.
lol....Laca is 30 years old. Only a stupid team like us would give that transfer fee for an underperforming guy, 30 years old and on his final year.

Melquiades

Personally I'd just ride out his contract and let him leave on a free.

It feels like you're winning to get 20 million for him a year before getting nothing, but then you go spend 30 million on some other veteran forward to replace him, on a 4 year deal with a lot more risk.

Chelsea with Willian is probably the best recent example of doing this perfectly. Provided a lot of value to them in the last year of his deal and helped them to CL, then walked at the right time.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

It feels like you're winning to get 20 million for him a year before getting nothing, but then you go spend 30 million on some other veteran forward to replace him, on a 4 year deal with a lot more risk.

Chelsea with Willian is probably the best recent example of doing this perfectly. Provided a lot of value to them in the last year of his deal and helped them to CL, then walked at the right time.

Why are we immune to selling players? It's a totally legit thing to do, it's all good, just sell him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

This is not right because our budget is not big and we need replacement also we need to strength 3-4 other positions

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Absolutely no reason we shouldn’t sell him in the summer...Martinelli and Balogun (hopefully) / Nketiah is sufficient backup for Auba, and that’s without recruiting anyone (Edouard rumours).

That said, fine play in the build up to the first goal (or was it the pen?) that piece of hold up and ball out to Pepe was class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom